Australian screenshots

Hi Edan, welcome to the forums. Which version of Trainz do you own? Once we know that and you are registered we can suggest many routes for you to download. There are quite a number of Victorian and NSW routes on the Download Station. The Frankston line is currently being built, although there are others to download, such as NSW North Coast, Southlines, Henty to Albury and VR Goulburn Murray lines to name a few.
Enjoy your time here, don't be afraid to ask questions and don't forget to register your Trainz.
cheers
Graeme

Hi grazlash thanks for the reply. I'm currently running trainz 12 and have registered and have downloaded many great Australian locos from The DLS just struggling to find the routes to run them on. If you could point me in the right direction that would be great!
cheers

Hi grazlash thanks for the reply. I'm currently running trainz 12 and have registered and have downloaded many great Australian locos from The DLS just struggling to find the routes to run them on. If you could point me in the right direction that would be great!
cheers
Hi Edan, with TS12 look for routes by pgibbons and ntesdorf to start with, you may also like to try Oxford to Queens, cooma to Bombala and Illawarra. That should get you started.
cheers
Graeme

The Broken Hill Xplorer prepares to depart Strathfield:
strathfield1_zpskvfdvjrw.png

G'day everyone, some progress shots with S309 and S317 on the old Daylight service to Sydney. 18 kms of scenery done so far.

352be015f6d85c67b3dd43f845caeedf.jpg

9e6ec0f874bbe7f64a19266fa931449a.jpg

d029455f0c20e7fafb997869e649c2be.jpg

2163c01a33191dc7fb22f6fbc93e844d.jpg

cc3018d97763bfce58656e236c92c80a.jpg

653dce9afe7c797f2e21f1cb27c23153.jpg

Keep up the great work everyone
cheers,
Graeme

Graeme hold down the [ or ] key when painting your ground textures to stop them repeating so much
G'day everyone, some progress shots with S309 and S317 on the old Daylight service to Sydney. 18 kms of scenery done so far.

Keep up the great work everyone
cheers,
Graeme

Last edited:
Graeme hold down the [ or ] key when painting your ground textures to stop them repeating so much

I normally do that, just did that section this morning and not quite finished yet. Don't really like the way that last texture comes out in a screenshot, way too green and doesn't blend.
cheers

Just a general query. I'm wanting to extend my Sydney Central layout to include the City Circle.

I was wondering whether anyone might have created any of the Sydney City Circle stations on your NSW layouts? As you already know, they are all different but it's draining my brain, to fathom out what assets I could use to faintly resemble them.

Fortunately I have Steve123's tunnel, portals and Sydney Harbour Bridge, but just lacking some decent underground stations. Some of the Russian ones are 'a bit over the top' and many others that are available don't have the catenary height for Sydney. Any ideas? I'd appreciate your feedback, thanks.

Cheers,
Roy3b3

The L class was Zec's beta from long ago, Zec hasn't abandoned the project but isn't working on it.
Jamie= It's more fictional I did put Bradford Kendall's on the Sop cars and vans

Last edited:
Yes mate. Zec beta.

Pretty sure 1961-1990ish the CS and the DS were on the gauge.

Can't remember if I posted this or not
Yeah I think you did Jamie, but good seeing it again anyway :). Is that North Melbourne in your shot before that. Looks good with the Tait and L class.
cheers
Graeme

C46/C42 at Town Hall:

townhall1_zpsrwonya2c.png

I have a problem with a similar underground station by the same author. The doors on the train open on the incorrect side; I cannot see anything in the config.txt to change this.
The kuid is <kuid:56732:28203>

I am also having a problem where the train will sometimes derail despite derailment mode being set to "None". I thought None would mean No. Derailments. EVER.

Any help is greatly appreciated. :)

Last edited:
I have a problem with a similar underground station by the same author. The doors on the train open on the incorrect side; I cannot see anything in the config.txt to change this.
The kuid is <kuid:56732:28203>
:)

Have you tried rotating the station 180 degrees? may have something to do with which direction it is laid in relation to the track. As in, if the track is laid north to south and the platform object is south to north, then it will read the train as if it is traveling in direction that platform is laid, rather than the track and open the doors as such.
Easy way to check is to place a track direction marker on the track both sides, then on the platform object. Another way would be to run a train in the opposite direction, stopping at the platform and see what side the doors open.

Great shots of late everybody; is inspiring me to try and get stuck into trainz a bit more often than i have the last year or so.

Matt.

Hi Roy
Over the last year or so i have been building Sydney City Circle Stations but due to a set back none are complete at this point and may not be completed for some time to come,
However if Catenary height is a problem then i have an adjustable Catenary that matches my tunnels that you have.
If you could use this asset then let me know and i will setup a link for you to download it.
2016-07-03%20135207_zpspr0ekytz.jpg

2016-07-03%20141812_zpskbnafdij.jpg

2016-07-03%20141747_zpsgpex6dyy.jpg

Regards Steve

Hi Roy
Over the last year or so i have been building Sydney City Circle Stations but due to a set back none are complete at this point and may not be completed for some time to come,
However if Catenary height is a problem then i have an adjustable Catenary that matches my tunnels that you have.
If you could use this asset then let me know and i will setup a link for you to download it.
2016-07-03%20135207_zpspr0ekytz.jpg

2016-07-03%20141812_zpskbnafdij.jpg

2016-07-03%20141747_zpsgpex6dyy.jpg

Regards Steve

Hi Steve,

If possible, I would like to get your City Circle stations, they would be very useful for the route I am making.

Sorry Ryan they are not finished and will not be for some time, they have been made in Sketchup as have all my assets.
Regards steve123

Last edited:
Back