New Site: Obo's Trainz Locomotive Catalog

obo

Hello everyone. I recently launched a new site, Obo's Trainz Locomotive Catalog:

http://trainz.banal.net/catalog/catalog.html

If you haven't seen it yet, please stop by for a look.

One thing I would like to know: what is your favorite Trainz locomotive that is not yet listed? Obviously there are thousands of locomotives missing, but if there is one that you particularly like then there are probably other people out there that would appreciate it as well.

Any other comments or suggestions also welcome.

Thanks,

Rob.

(I originally posted this in the TRS2006 forum, but I realize now that this is probably a more appropriate place so have reposted here. Hope this is ok.)

I have made a few custom ones, feel free to link if you want.

Each is based on a loco that's already been made, so I have no shots, but I will tell you which shot to use instead because they have shots already lol...

DD70AX Based off the DD40AX, uses the same mesh and skin.

GP78-2 Based off a UP GP38-2, same mesh and skin.

SW7200 Based off a UP SW1200, same mesh and skin. PAINTSHED NEEDED!

Hi Spawn. I'm concentrating on prototype locos for now and so I don't have a fictional section yet but I expect to be adding one in the future. Have you thought about putting your stuff up on a website, either here or elsewhere? It would make it easier for people to find them.

Regards,

Rob.

Up until now I had no way of putting stuff on the DLS because I couldn't figure out the screenshot!

I'll upload them later...busy right now!

I think this is an excellent idea, if compiled to show most of the locomotives made for Trainz I won't have to go ferreting through the DLS trying to find what I need. I would particularly suggest cataloging the stuff at VMD and SLW, their stuff is well worth the effort of doing so:cool:

WileeCoyote:D

cookiemae: Glad you like it!

WileeCoyote: Thanks for the tips. I already have some (maybe half?) of the VMD site listed, but SLW I did not know about. I'll add them to the queue.

Anyone else have recommendations?

Rob.

There's a wealth of locomotives availible from the TrainzProRoutes Download Depot.....it would take a month for you to catalog all of them.
Ed

Hi Obo,

Did you ever read my post in the old thread about me helping with the UK section, becasue I am still willing.

Thanks
Robert:)

Ed: Yes you're right about the TPR site. I already have a few locos from there and I will be adding more. Don't know if I'll ever get to them all though!

Spawn: Thanks for the tip. The Alcos will be part of the next TPR update.

Robert: As I said in the other thread, the main thing I need help with is recommendations. What are your favorite British locos in Trainz?

As always, more suggestions welcome.

Rob.

Hey Obo,

I want tell you that maybe you would can add Norfolk Southern SD40-2 and SD45 put on your Trainz Locomotive Catalog please? Thank you and I like your website there look very WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!:Y::cool:

Hi dnutter, glad you like the site. Yes, there are no NS SD45s and the only NS SD40-2s I have so far are Conrail patch units. Did you have any particular locomotives in mind?

Thanks,

Rob.

Hi Obo,

There are tons of UK Locos, and I couldn't list them all so here is a list by Hentis of all the Diesel and Electric Locos and Multiple Units.
The ones which are available are in bold.
For steam you have got alot of them already up there. For steam:
LNER J39 by PacificSeven
LNER J69 by Gotty
SR 02 by PacificSeven
SR I3 and I1 by Melisande

Also please take out the Auran UK Diesels there are replacements for the 37 and 55 Deltic.

Thankyou
Robert

My favorite is (surprise!) my Western Pacific SW7, on the DLS. Next would be ANY Western Pacific loco.
I LOVE your site. Great screen shots.

Last edited:
Hi dnutter, glad you like the site. Yes, there are no NS SD45s and the only NS SD40-2s I have so far are Conrail patch units. Did you have any particular locomotives in mind?

Thanks,

Rob.

Hello Obo,

Yes, there CMP already have NS SD45 'Horsehead' Scheme and here kuids

<kuid:76538:100115>

---------------------------

NS SD40-2 #3339

<kuid2:55290:70002:1>

Reskinner by Sureshot28:):wave:

Thanks guys, these recommendations are very helpful, especially with the specifics provided. I'll work through them this week.

In the meantime, please feel free to keep the suggestions coming.

Rob.

There is a Frisco 1522 mountain on the DLS.

cloakedghost275 also just put is ex-payware UP turbine there as well.

Just my 2 cents worth.:wave:

These are what we have at TCR

NJT alp 46s (electric)
Washinton DC metro cars (Red,Blue,Green,Orange,and Yellow)
NY-NJ Path subway cars
A memorial NJT GP7 to Harry James Potter
NJT GP7 5908

Thats it for now:D Just ask if you would like pics or anything.
P.S. Great work on your MSTS catalog as well,always used it;)

Last edited:
Back