[/URL][/IMG]
bn7_zpshrprmeoe.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
cabin1_zps1taclrcm.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
cabin2_zpspxbd7pqm.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
GE U30C & U33C

I originally created these as TS12 models, although I pretty much exclusively create and test in TANE. So far, I have not found any features offered only in TANE for these particular models that would make it advantageous to release them in TANE only versions, so they will likely be TS12 upon release.

Oh more rock island units, I am working on a U30c made by majekar in rock island colors. And a U25b reskin of yours also.

Last edited:
Nice.love the rock island scheme.but it looks like those trucks are riding low.

I would agree with this, it seems the locomotive in general is a little low to the ground. Just a little constructive criticism. I'm glad we seem to be getting some U-boats, seeing that other projects from before have dried up.

In response to this, I took some measurements based on an actual railroad locomotive diagram, and found that it was 3.358" low. I have subsequently raised the locomotive body up that

amount. I may, and I stress the may, also take a look at my truck frames, it is possible that those are a little high on the top edge, because this truck model was created strictly from

pictures and using the aforementioned locomotive diagram. Locomotive diagrams are not scale drawings, they do usually contain some measurements, those measurements are not

always totally useful when it comes to modeling, as they are usually very general-i.e. height at top of cab, length between the bolsters, wheelbase, etc. I do appreciate the input, it always

helps to have an unbiased eye. Often, when doing these projects, simply due to the sheer length of time involved, it becomes very easy to overlook this or that-also because many times

there has to be trade off, because of rising poly counts, materials, or whatever. So things get overlooked or ignored. That is why it takes so long to do this stuff. I usually wait some length

of time after I get a project to the point where I consider it done before I release it just so I can look at it with fresh eyes. Because by the time I reach that point I'm usually so sick of

looking at it I often don't want to correct anything. So it helps having someone else's eyes. Some stuff can't be corrected. Because you're limited by polycounts, materials, or even often by

how you may have conceived the model originally. All that stuff comes into play anytime you get near completion. But if I can change something to improve a model, and can, I usually

will.

Back