Thanks!

Greetings,

Since I'm a nOOb to all of this Trainz world stuff and thanks to Approach Medium I would have never found out what you can really, REALLY do with the Trainz product. As an old, HO modeler from years gone by, I was so excited to find out that I could play with my old hobby again, virtually. I stumbled upon Approach Mediums current build of the Santa Fe - Needles MR Track Plan on YouTube. I sat with mouth open as I watch this guy create. Needless to say, I paused the video about 10 minutes in, dashed over to the Trainz site and snapped up T:ANE and TMR17. Restarted AM's video and began to follow along. This was like a month ago.

My background is Computer Science, I own an Web Hosting company so my personal equipment is top of the line, I even installed a 1TB SSD just for TMR17 and T:ANE...LOL. That said, I have been building the SF Needles project with Approach Medium and now, have ventured out on my own, while I wait for Joe's next installment. Also, following his progress on billM's P & B!

Currently I am building my spin on the MR Layout Port Thomas & Southern and Timber Ridge Logging Co., which appeared in the October 2012 issue, yes I renewed my way expired subscription! In addition to logging, I've added cattle since they are a product of that area of Washington. I changed the layout from a walk-in to a walk around and am adding a few other fun things. This week I'm working on the yard/dock area. Timber production chain is complete as well as most of the eastern part of the baseboard including the cattle ranch and hay production chain.

I still have much to do/learn, haven't even gotten to signals, session programming, etc.; but between you guys and all of the other fan sites, I've leaned a hell of a lot so far. I can't believe that at my age (69), I just found this outstanding product. My how I wasted so many years of not being able, so I thought, to enjoy my favorite younger youth hobby.

Thanks NV3 and all the peeps on this forum.

I should post some pics of what I've accomplished so far I suppose.

Bill

For some unknown reason this post / topic got flagged by the system. Due to that it disappeared to page 3 of General Trainz before anyone could ever read it, so I herewith made it visible bumped it back into view.

Welcome to Trainz, Jameson :)

Yes, thank you Bill.

It is refreshing to see such a positive post - we do get them but they are often drowned out by a few posters armed with megaphones and a negative attitude to anything in general. Like many of us (most users according to a recent N3V user survey) you have discovered the pleasures of the purely creative side of Trainz, building layouts. I have been using Trainz since it first appeared and I never get tired of it and, as you will no doubt discover, there are always new things to learn.

Welcome to the world of Trainz JamesonBolmara

I'm sure you'll enjoy Trainz very much. I been using Trainz ever since I picked up Ultimate Trainz Collection at a Office Max store when I was living in Rockford, IL for only $10.00. Spent many hours in that game, and still have it on my shelf, along with all the other versions lol.

Its great to see a post like this as other tend to go a bit on the negative side. Anyway again welcome to the world of Trainz :)

Thanks guys for the warm responses. Feel free to add me to chat. The only Skype account I have/use is my business one; but you can ping me {Skype: cubewebdesigns1}

l8tr
JB aka Bill

Back