Wanted: ATSF Steam

josephlaban

Trainz Player
I find a lack of ATSF steam. What I can use is an updated version of the 2900 class northern. I can also use a model of ATSF 3751. Also, maybe a 2-10-4 or a 2-10-2. If any content creators have spare time, consider this. :)

The assets you want are almost ready!

The only things left for you to do are....
... download and install Blender, found at www.blender.org
... and building what you want.

Shouldn't take you that long. I mean, you are only 11 years old so you don't have a bunch of annoying things that distract you, like a study, a (full time) job, a wife and children. If you start tonight, and work at least 8 hours a day you can be ready in about two months!

Shouldn't take you that long. I mean, you are only 11 years old so you don't have a bunch of annoying things that distract you, like a study, a (full time) job, a wife and children. If you start tonight, and work at least 8 hours a day you can be ready in about two months!

Best comment of the day.

It's really hard for people to grasp just how complicated modeling is until they actually do it. The worst part is that in many peoples minds unless the model is exactly 100% accurate its never good enough. I've spent years learning how to model something as complicated as a steam locomotive, and I'm still learning new things everyday. The level of respect I have for the many modelers and developers here on the forums can not be described. Honestly if you really want those engines, you'll need to make them yourself. Modelers normally make what they want, not what you want. You could commission these for a price, but I'm assuming that's out of the question.

If you want stuff to be made but don't want to become a content creator then do the next best thing, commission a model, just be sure to have your money ready when you do and to have patience. Don't want to do that either then I don't know what to say afterwards.

Plus It seems people these days are totally forgetting the ATSF Steam models that are available to purchase over at PAULZ TRAINZ, while his models may look a bit old, he has a couple of rare and some prototype steam locomotives that so far, nobody but him has attempted to make like his ATSF 2-10-10-2 and also his Erie 2-8-8-8-2 triplex.

Last edited:

Yay good idea! I'm doing that now. ( I'm serious, I'm actually creating one )

At the top of the forum page there is a nice little button that says "forum wiki." All you have to do is search around in the wiki and then you should be able to find how to create assets.

One thing I should mention though. It takes a REALLY long time to build almost any asset outside of creating just a simple box. (Unless you're Davesnow, that guy is practically a machine...) Not to mention all the time you have to spend learning to use the programs. Another thing is that you do not want to immediately start creating complex and intricate models. You first want to start out with something simple. Then work your way up to more complicated models and "soon enough" you will will be working on a steam locomotive... If you have questions, feel free to ask. All, if not most content creators can scrounge up a few seconds to provide advice and steer you in the right direction.

If you do not want to create a model then I would suggest you take a look at reskinning. Bdaneal has a good collection of engines that you can reskin into whatever paint scheme you like. One thing to note however. Be sure to read the asset's license before releasing any reskins.

how do you reskin an asset?

You will need access to a graphics editor such as Paint.net or its equivalent on a Mac.

Photos and the ability to scale and apply textures properly.

And... a lot of patience and be willing to do stuff over and over until you get it right.

If you want stuff to be made but don't want to become a content creator then do the next best thing, commission a model, just be sure to have your money ready when you do and to have patience. Don't want to do that either then I don't know what to say afterwards.

Plus It seems people these days are totally forgetting the ATSF Steam models that are available to purchase over at PAULZ TRAINZ, while his models may look a bit old, he has a couple of rare and some prototype steam locomotives that so far, nobody but him has attempted to make like his ATSF 2-10-10-2 and also his Erie 2-8-8-8-2 triplex.

I know about Paulz Trainz's models. It's just that I think it won't work in T:ANE which is what I have

They do work In TANE, I posted a screenshot in the TANE screenshots thread that shows one of his engines in TANE.

Hi.
What a lot of bad replys you have had.
Snd me a private message and i will see what i can do
have many steam locos
Tonny

Back