how to get permission to release reskinned jointedrail freeware reefers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No , do you ?

As an author of content that is available on the DLS I have a right to defend it when others (in this case a moderator) try to undermine my license agreement .

A majority of us content creators, including JR work under the "you can modify what you want, but you can't give it out without written permission from the original author" rule. Even posting screenshots of said content is fine. So i dont see how youre defending JR if they okay with personal modifications. You seem to be the only one to be upset about this and your content was never even involved in this discussion to begin with.

You may use it for personal use only but we are not permitting reskins of this model to be hosted anywhere else at this time.

That should end the argument and different interpretations of things from devolving any further into chaos.

-Kevin

Hi All
To clarify on the licenses for Trainz content (and JointedRail's content), please always check the license tag in the asset. This should be your first stop before making any modifications to an asset.

Most assets will specify what you can/cannot do with the content. For most regions, and creators, screenshots are permitted without obtaining permission (i.e. screenshots are generally not considered redistribution, however some regions may consider it as such). However a creator can specify in the license tag if screenshots are permitted or not. If they are not permitted, then don't do it.

If you wish to obtain permission, then you should contact the creator (or group) directly.

If the license tag is blank, then it generally indicates that no special conditions apply. You MUST still obtain permission before releasing reskins (or unmodified) versions of the content.

If a license tag does state that screenshots of reskins are not permitted, and the creator reports the post to us, we will remove those screenshots. If the license tag does not specify this, then it may be up to the discretion of our moderators.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back