Has people trains ever been thought of?

JonMyrlennBailey

How about animal trains?

These would be human or animal figures that could walk on invisible track walking or running
but would really be engines.

We could also have pedestrian traffic walking on streets as carz do on highway splines.

The object is to make simming as close to the real deal as possible.

There are some animated horses and horse-drawn wagons if this is what you are talking about.

There are some animated people, and some that are setup as locomotives for trackside viewing.

I can't remember who made them though.

I made a driveable skier and driveable snowboarder, and with invisible track, hills, and snow textures, built a reasonable recreation of a ski resort. So pretty much any object can behave like a train with some effort.

I am aware of the horses and wagons. I have been using them for a long time now.

There are a few animated people (Objects) that walk a short distance, pacing back and forth like a wolf in a zoo cage.

I am talking about: walking people, in their own shoes, that can follow any track you lay, and/or animals, such as dogs people are walking

or, better yet, pedestrian traffic that works similar to the auto-generated car traffic (Carz??) except you have auto-generated people and animals on foot that follow sidewalks in city streets.

I am sure some of this content I envision has yet to be made. Home rolling my own content from scratch is well out of my league. I use whatever stuff that others have already produced. To many if not most Trainzers, the joy of the game is strictly fiddling with the controls inside the cab of the engine. Cosmetics of routes seems back-burner. Traditional model railroaders, on the other hand, have put a lot of time, money and work into layout scenery to impress people who visit.

This cutting-edge moving scenery I only can dream of may be something included in Trainz of the Future. It seems Trainz has been advancing the detail of locomotives and train operation in later editions but not much attention has been given to producing more realistic scenery, especially animated scenery, but I could be wrong.

Animated scenery, automatically-generated, like Carz (road traffic) would really spark up any route: I imagine a wide variety as ships, planes, boats, motor vehicles of all kinds, motorcycles, people, walking/running/swimming animals and bicycles.

Speaking of Traffic, I wish a wider variety of vehicles were auto-generated as buses and semi trucks.

How about deer that run across the track at random in front of your train?

Last edited:
Walker Lead Pedestrian, and Walker are pretty funny to watch automatically walk a track to infinity ... sometimes I find them derailed many, many miles away, lying on their sides, still flailing their legs ... I had a driveable male Auran person that was dressed in coveralls (I hooked it up to an invisible loco to make it controllable), I don't remember what kuid it was ... he was kinda' dorky looking ... it was probably one of the Walkers

Walker1 - PEV: A walking man... made as a bogey for attachment to an invisible wagon or loco

SAP_Drunk_Old_Man_Walking_Animated, is kinda fun to see stumbling around

Male Pedestrian - jjslll54

Fera - jjslll54, is a cool looking modernistic loco, to run down pedestrians on your sidewalks

I just place BNSF50 Invisatrack on all my sidewalks, walk around town, and railfan trainz going by from the FOV of of a Male Pedestrian on my streets, using a non-animated person that has an interior view

Last edited:

SAP_Drunk_Old_Man_Walking_Animated, is kinda fun to see stumbling around

Hey, I often resemble that. :)

I think it is about time N3V supported an asset Kind that allowed people or animals to wander around without pretending to be locomotives. It bugs me that passengers disappear from carriages/cars and suddenly appear on the platform. They should be able to walk off the train and to an exit or vice versa.

I think we are more likely to get a VR version before that happens.

There is the Macarena dancer in a red suit and the Angolian trio dancers. Teleporting passengers don't bother me.

Doug

... There are some animated people, and some that are setup as locomotives for trackside viewing.

I can't remember who made them though.
Does anyone know? Would love to take a gander 'round at the world of my favorite routes, as well as mine own (of course)!!! :udrool: If not, if someone could create one -that'll be way cool! :cool:

Last edited:
The animated people that have a cab view are very very few ... jjslll54 has several static people locos that have a cab view, and skid along like people on motorized Hover Boards. You could put Spacers connecting between them and have a never ending chain of them driving around town, and simply Hop On Pop inside any one of them, like jumping on a San Fransisco cable car ... using Cyberstorms - Driveable Superadaptor you can make anything into a loco ... a mailbox, a hay bale, a person, a dog, a car ... etc ... and it will have a cab view ... There are several invisible locos (but I don't know where they are, cuz' they are "Invisible")

Last edited:
"Has people trains ever been thought of?"

answer is Yes ... there's also a suggestion for it!

Ish

I've never thought the strange-looking human figures ever made Trainz "as close to the real deal". After all, it's a train sim, not a human sim, as the results show when human forms are attempted. Far better, for me, to use my imagination and not have grotesque Max Headroom-style pod people on the screen.

That said, I think real progress is being made with human figures on the other rail simulators. :D

35d663c74cf0.jpg

Last edited:
I've never thought the strange-looking human figures ever made Trainz "as close to the real deal". After all, it's a train sim, not a human sim, as the results show when human forms are attempted. Far better, for me, to use my imagination and not have grotesque Max Headroom-style pod people on the screen.

That said, I think real progress is being made with human figures on the other rail simulators. :D

So this is what Lamp Post Linda's cousins look like? :D

These people look like high poly models from the likes of TurboSquid or other sources, or possibly high-detailed sprites but I'm more inclined to think they are high-detailed models. HP Trainz has some people from that source called nudes, but they're not "nude" they are people in bathing suits for a beaches.

Thanks ever so much Cascaderailroad! Will be sure to check em' out! Sure to bring an all new exciting perspective to my route, and favs... :cool:

... There are several invisible locos (but I don't know where they are, cuz' they are "Invisible")

"Totally illogical" Spock says. If you "don't know where they are, cuz' they are 'Invisible" how do you know they exist? Did you make 'em...:p

Last edited:
I concur! I've know of MatthiasGose's people creations since earlier last year! Extremely inventive... and real-like!!! A MUST download now people... uh, people! :hehe:

Yez. But are they anything like us on this here' Forum... :eek: I want to primarily enjoy runnin' trainz... not hear useless babblin' and complaining too... ! :D

Last edited:
And now to add a little rain on this parched parade. All those with extra CPU cycles to use on this animated scenery please raise your hands. Considering the number of complaints about stuttering, low FPS and limited draw distances, I think resources need to be directed to raising the general Trainz experience before some of this eye candy is worked on. For dioramas and other static displays they can really enhance the look and realism. But for the rest, I don't think so, at least not yet.

Try testing an animated figure in the TANE Preview and watch it grind to a halt when you load a lot of them all waggling with zero lod
1 walking Figure in the Preview here = 300 FPS, performance analysis test where it loads lots of them, 1 FPS.

Back