Disappearing Pointer

Robertbc6

Hi,

I have four Trainz programs - TS2010, TS12(49922), TANE SP1, and TMR17. The pointer works fine in the TANE SP1 and the TMR17, but in the TS2010 and the TS12, as soon as I click on Start in the launcher, my pointer disappears! I've tried changing different settings in the options section of both of the problem programs, but nothing seems to work, except for unclicking the full screen option. If I do that, however, I end up with a oversize display that has most of the stuff normally at the bottom of the screen cut off. Has anyone else seen this problem, and were you able to fix it? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Bob

I found that switching from OpenGL to DirectX (or visa versa) fixed the problem for me back when I had it. Pointer Trails can also effect it.

peter

Hi Shane,

Don't know why, but I decided to set the compatibility settings on both the TS2010 and the TS12 to Windows 7, and SHAZAM, the pointers came back! I've been running on Windows 10 for quite a while without a problem, but within the past couple of weeks, the pointers disappeared. I have no idea what happened, but as long as it works, I'm going to leave it alone. I'm of the "If it ain't broke, don't mess with it" school.

Bob

Back