Newsletter width; anyone having the same problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oknotsen

Holder of a broom
I am wondering if more people are experiencing this.

Situation:
Like probably most of you, I receive the newsletter from N3V.
It is send to my Hotmail address, which I doubt is a very rare email provider.
I open it in a browser (set to 100%) on a 1920 pixels width screen. Now I am sure that by today's standards that no longer is the largest screen out there, but I doubt I am on the small or no longer supported end of the scale.

Problem:
When opening the newsletter, I always have to use a left-right scrollbar in order to read the complete text of this newsletter.

Questions / suggestions:
Am I the only one who is having this problem?
Would it be too much to ask to the creator of the newsletter to stop using a terribly wide fixed format?
I already have given up trying to read the newsletter on my mobile (iPhone 6s) due to the same problems, but since "mobile is the future", I think it would not even be that crazy to ask to also keep the mobile readers in mind when creating the newsletter. They are, if I understand Tony correct, the main source of income after all.

I don't normally use webmail but Thunderbird in which it seems fine, just checked it online in Gmail and it's fine there as well.

Should have said I'm using Firefox, don't use anything else especially the one that seem to be bundled with many software downloads! Google take note!

New newsletter, same problem.

Really nobody else having besides Stationbeem and me having this problem?

New newsletter, same problem.

Really nobody else having besides Stationbeem and me having this problem?

I use Outlook (have a subscription to Office 365) and it looks fine. Generally, I just read it in the preview screen. It looks exactly the same in Chrome. I use Win 10 (64 bit).

Sorry. :)

I get mine delivered to my GMail account and it's fine on that, however sometimes I read it at work where I go into

My Trainz, then click on the Trainz News and then go to newsletters from there. However the last Newsletter that is listed on there is dated August 19th 2016

If I click on Latest news the last update on there is the 15th Anniversary Wrap Up dated December 19th 2016

Michael

I use Hotmail too, and i've seen this issue...why is it such a big deal? So you have to scroll a tiny bit to see the whole thing...is it that much of a hassle?

"If it is broke, find an annoying workaround for the user and let them deal with what is, effectively, a stuff-up on our end or somewhere inbetween."

A poorly formatted newsletter does not give off a professional vibe, from any company.

I have no problem with Windows Live Mail even though I use a window smaller than the 1920 pixel full width. On Hotmail can you use ctrl+scroll wheel to alter the magnification as I can, although I don't need to in my case?

I have the same problem as oknotsen with xx.@outlook.com-Mail in Firefox and Internet Explorer.

Regards
Swordfish

"If it is broke, find an annoying workaround for the user and let them deal with what is, effectively, a stuff-up on our end or somewhere inbetween."

A poorly formatted newsletter does not give off a professional vibe, from any company.

Consider that as it is not affecting Non Outlook users the problem is with Microsoft!

Consider that as it is not affecting Non Outlook users the problem is with Microsoft!

I've had no issues viewing the newsletters in Outlook.com using Edge, my own email Secure Server client, or even in MS Outlook from Office.

If there's a width problem, it could also be a user issue such as inadvertently or deliberately pressing the CTRL+ which will increase the text size and possibly affect the formatting.

Thanks for the heads up - the formatting is totally messed up and we'll sort it out for the next newsletter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back