Why I haven't been active on the Forums....

ttte12345

Hi everyone, ttte12345 here.

I just wanted to share something with you all. If any of you have been wondering why I haven't been active on the forums for a good solid period of time, it's.... well..... let's just say, that I feel like I gave myself a bad reputation on here when I made my post about the Tugs 3D models. In other words, the shame that comes over me whenever I look at that, it........ kind of disgusts me to see how crazy I went over that. And yes, I admit it: I was pretty immature back then, always asking users for lost models and lost content from the past. But looking back at that post about the Tugs taught me something: Models are models, and to not be a "gimmie-pig" about it. That's just showing the greedy side of yourself, and that will get you nowhere.

Although recently, I received the Star Tugs and Grampus models from a friend of mine. I feel happy to have those, and it doesn't really matter if I can't get the other models. Because, as I said: Models are models, and to not be a "gimmie-pig" about it. That's just showing the greedy side of yourself, and that will get you nowhere.

With this being said, and the guilt, disgust and shame being lifted off of my chest, you will most likely see me on the forums more.

Thanks for your understanding, and I am sorry if I had caused so much drama in that old post.

-ttte12345.

You could try making models yourself. You will learn how to research the object you are building, make 3D meshes, paint (texture) them as well as learning how to configure them for use in Trainz. Plus, you get the satisfaction of having made something yourself which very rewarding.

We were all young once. Some of us would like to be younger. :)

I can totally agree to that one. And yes, I have recently began trying to make the models myself. I'm trying to get them exactly as to how they looked from Tugs 3D.

I can totally agree to that one. And yes, I have recently began trying to make the models myself. I'm trying to get them exactly as to how they looked from Tugs 3D.

Start with a simple scenery object. Currently one of the modellers I work with decided to make a UK narrow boat. He's been making excellent scenery objects for years but it's taken input from about half a dozen of us over a period of a week or more to get the narrow boat right. The changes from scenery to moving can be quite substantial, especially with an interior and internal cameras. Hopefully once we've got the first one cracked others will follow more easily.

Doing the research is about 30% of the effort by the way.

Good luck

Cheerio John

Well, I finally found the models I needed! So I now have no need to re-create them! They're not the Tugs 3D ones, but they're very similar. And, the pack includes more characters here than I would have gotten over at the old Tugs 3D site! I will be showcasing videos of these models on my YouTube channel! You can check out the channel here: http://www.youtube.com/user/trackmaniamatt

Thanks for your understanding about the situation everyone! Take care, and have a God Blessed day! :)

-ttte12345

Back