Seaport

llebrez

I need a Seaport. The one that can unload containers, fuel, gen goods, and others. If you are thinking on 2:171456:10145:1, take a good look: I have it and does everything is supposed to do quite well, but, because the tracks on it are somewhat scarce, I laid some of my tracks on it so that it is more interesting and functional. So far so good. Now run a loco on it and take a look at the turnouts, as a default, you see the green and red arrows. Press <ctrl H> and they disappear. Now with your mouse click on the turnout to change it. And it does not change! (with or without arrows being visible). Now get inside of the cab and press <J >or<control J> and they change! Another way to change them is with the junction controller when they are link to another set of points. But not with your mouse. Again I hope I am not the only one seeing this. This is why, I am asking if there is another seaport that does not have this peculiar effect. Another defect is the lamp post: They float above ground quite nicely, all of them, but, hey! they illuminate the ground, so this is half of a complain. Note: It does not matter what type of a turnout you use, they don't change with the mouse.

Could it be that the mouse gets confused because there's a lot of other objects nearby so the pointer can't select the switch?

Interesting idea. Here is the test: Somehow the seaport asset has a "range of action". It means that there is an invisible area around, where if you want to move another asset, the ones that move is the seaport and not that asset. So, I place a turnout at the border of the asphalt of the seaport, just outside, and it changes with the mouse. The moment you slide or move the points over the asphalt. it does not work. This indicates that asset clutter is not the cause. Normally, when we have problem moving or acting over something, we go over a strict vertical on the object, and at closer range, we do what we want to do. But on this case, no matter the angle or distance, the points don't change.

Yes, that is an alternative, but not practical when you are on the fly. Somehow I can manage with the "trackview ahead" rule. Finding the reason of this anomaly would be nice...

There is a little twist on this: Can't see the arrows of points while in driver. But they show in surveyor! This is getting more complicated everyday...

Shane: Look at my No 1 post. I mention <ctrl H>. It works perfectly on the layout. The problem is when track is layed on the seaport. Try it and see if you can duplicate the issue.

Might be fixed track related if that's the case. Some assets behave like fixed track and do not support junctions being added to them.

Shane

Back