Train Though Ice Trees

Thanks for posting! Reminds me of experiences I've had in my own driveway here in New Hampshire.

It sure does. I live right on the border in the Merrimack Valley!

When we had that big ice storm in 2009, my neighbor couldn't get up her driveway. She called AAA for a tow because she slid off the slope and ended up against some trees. When AAA came along, the tow truck couldn't make it up the street because the hill was too slipper - it actually looked like it was made of glass.

Eventually AAA came, and the tow truck slid into our tree as the driver attempted to pull her car up to the street.

Let me explain... Our street goes up to the summit of Golden Hill in Haverhill while our driveways on our end of the street go down into the valley. This makes for some steep driveways. My driveway is at a 12% grade as it meets the street and my neighbor's driveway is probably steeper. We actually fall walking up to the mailbox because we lose traction when the ground is wet or there's ice and snow.

Anyway with that tow truck stuck, AAA had to call in another tow truck to pull the truck and the car up to the street!

In the meantime, I remained stuck in the bottom of my driveway for 3 days as it froze over and my small Toyota could not gain enough traction to climb up the hill to the street.

Back