togog's K-37 driving instructions

Gary25b

I'm having difficulty keeping up steam on the K-37 locomotive by togog. Everytime I advance the throttle, it loses 10+ lbs of pressure, and never regains any. Anyone have any tips on operating this locomotive?

I'm having difficulty keeping up steam on the K-37 locomotive by togog. Everytime I advance the throttle, it loses 10+ lbs of pressure, and never regains any. Anyone have any tips on operating this locomotive?

Do you have the automatic fireman activated? If it's a user related problem, that could potentially help.

Also, something I just thought about, there could be a possibility that the tender doesn't have loads of coal or water enabled. I don't have the K-36s or K-37 downloaded, but I do have the K-28s and enough of togog's other locomotives to have learned that the tenders aren't always enabled with loads. For example, the K-28 tenders have coal and water loads (and the K-28s themselves have a sand load), but the tender for Eureka & Palisade #4 doesn't have any loads enabled (and neither does the locomotive itself). So that could be another possibility that you might want to check out. If that is the case, it shouldn't be too hard to add those loads to the config file.

Works fine in DCC mode, and now in regular mode. Auto fireman was off, but the coal, water, and sand were enabled.

I had the engine placed right next to the water and coal source. I finally noticed that there was a huge difference in the way the engine acts when in the service area as opposed to away from the service area. Have no idea why. If I started the scenario after moving the engine to a mainline, boiler pressure acted as I would expect. If I started it in the service area, I immediately got the loss of boiler pressure.

The above may make no sense, but it is what happens, and it is reproducible. I tried the K-28 and got the same behavior.

At any rate, thanks for the advice, and thanks to togog for the great engines.

Back