Screenshot of The Week: January 22 to January 29 2017 (Southern Hemisphere)

nicky9499

SSoTW Bot
Greetings.

This week we're going down - literally, bringing the spotlight to the less featured bottom half of the globe. This week's theme is Southern Hemisphere. Please send your theme suggestions for subsequent competitions via email or Skype by clicking on the little icons below my username.

One screenshot allowed per entrant. Screenshots must adhere to the theme and the Trainz Forum Code of Conduct.

Submission closes on January 30 at 12:00 noon UTC/GMT/Zulu time.

Hi Nicky, you might like to review the dates in the header its likely all that working upside down, down under, or are we upside down? Thanks for all you are doing. Peter

Edit (by oknotsen):
Fixed; I changed the dates from 15-22 to 22-29.

Last edited by a moderator:
What? January 29th already (local AEST time/date) and not a single submission? I can't let that happen - the Southern Hemisphere's pride is at stake.

At Llewellyn (lat -41.875 S long 147.575 E - trust me and Google Earth on that) on a damp and cold night in 1955 the drivers cab view from a passenger DP railmotor as it approaches the Llewellyn crossing loop on the Fingal Line. A T class loco with a coal train is illuminated in the DPs headlight glare as it patiently awaits the cross.

[url=https://postimg.org/image/lqjllr8ot/]https://postimage.org/[/URL]

EDIT: For some reason, PhotoBucket has destroyed all of my images - perhaps it really is a "bit bucket". I will need to investigate
EDIT 2: I have switched to another service.
EDIT 3: Testing different image hosts

Last edited:
G'day everyone,
A pair of NSWGR 422 class leading a through goods on the Main South at Wagga Wagga
0f516246b96dfa31d61a8df683e7bd12.jpg

cheers
Graeme

One from Down Under.

Parkwood East Station.
On the Helensvale to Nobby Beach LRT.

Should I have turned the pic upside down for them Up Over ?

With Thanks to Host then Post.

Last edited:
Not many entries, so here's a NSWGR C Set heading south on the Illawarra Line near Stanwell Park.
Cheers, Roy.

2016_12_23_215724.jpg

Hi,

built in 1952, at Carel Fouche and Cie, these railcars have tires Michelin on the wheels. the country is Madagascar. there name are "Viko Viko" and "Tsikirity".

friendly,

Expreso de Requerdo or translated as Train of Memories. This is an excursion train that relives the journey going to the beach by train from Santiago to Cartagena, Chile. The excursion ends at San Antonio, Chile, since the tracks after San Antonio to Cartagena have been abandoned.

Click the image for the full size version!

Whoa, I don't know what you are hiding there Zec but on clicking the image (as requested) my antvirus/malware program immediately sprang into action and issued a very firm (even aggressive) warning about "risky behaviour" at the selected site. So I declined.

Whoa, I don't know what you are hiding there Zec but on clicking the image (as requested) my antvirus/malware program immediately sprang into action and issued a very firm (even aggressive) warning about "risky behaviour" at the selected site. So I declined.

pware,

My AVG didn't complain and the picture looks nice full size.

I imagine the site was "reported" by one or two ill-wishers in the past or maybe it historically had some virus problems and has not yet been reassessed by whatever virus/malware checker you are using. What virus/malware checker was it by the way?

Peter.

Submissions are now closed. There are 9 entries for this round so up to 1 vote is allowed. Voting will be from now until February 5, 1200nn UTC. Please post your votes below.

Cheerio,
Nicholas

I imagine the site was "reported" by one or two ill-wishers in the past or maybe it historically had some virus problems and has not yet been reassessed by whatever virus/malware checker you are using. What virus/malware checker was it by the way?

McAfee Livesafe - which has rarely reacted like this before with a full blown warning.

marcopolo86

Fantastic to see an unusual prototype modelled!

I'm not sure what happened with the virus report, pware. The image is hosted on my own website, and I've not seen any issues like that before. I think it's most likely a false positive.

Regards
Zec

This is hard, I like quite a few. marcopolo, that is stunning.
However, for Southern Hemisphere and typical Australia, my vote goes to grazlash.

Back