AI takes forever to get up to mainline speed.

gtasa

Die Hard IC/CN Fan
I'm trying to make a scenario that involves the hi speed intermodal passing another in a siding. The AI does what its suppose to but it takes 10 mins for it to get up to 20mph with a light 3k tons and 3 Dash 9s. I'm pulling my hair out because of it.

That does seem to happen ... when you get older :hehe:

Perhaps its a low enginespec, or a 1/2 speed section of improperly unsignaled track ... Solution:
Don't use AI

Last edited:
Troubleshoot: Try a single engine without cars and or a different one. Same? problem is the signaling of track. Works OK? problem is with the engine or somewhat applied brakes to cars (never see this before but you have to think on everything). Had this problem once. And the cause was a set of points inside of a tunnel, showing both red arrows. It got there by a gremlin in the program while I was modifying some yard tracks and they disappeared with points and everything (doing it in routes). Anyhow, because of these points, trains would run very very slow. Erasing this, and all is back to normal.

I fixed it. It turns out, I forgot to modify one of the engine's config to use the same spec..

Back