Cab ride on Mr. Porsche ‘s very large model train layout

Wow.

I watched the entire thing (tho I did skip the ads).

Very interesting - particularly the insides of some of the tunnels where you can see all the hidden track work (helixes and so on).

Thanks for posting this.

Ben

Extraordinary. Not used to MR (we had bits and pieces of Hornby back in the day and used to put them all together for an afternoon from time to time), but this is so elaborate and detailed. An active imagination at work here, which is a joy to experience. Thanks for sharing.

Wow what a layout!

I'm sure he had some help building this. :)

There's a nice representation of the major German model railroad manufacturers here with the trains, track, and catenary supplied by Märklin, trees, grass, people, and autos by Preiser, and the bridges and structures by Faller.

And while we're on the topic of big German-themed layouts, here's a lesser-known one, though not on par with Mr. Porsche's layout: Charlemagne's Kingdom, in the Bavarian-themed town of Helen, Georgia.
Here's a video of it:

And if you want to see more of Helen, Georgia, here's a link to a video of it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6B4d-FSIfc

And here's the link to Charlemagne's Kingdom's website:
http://www.georgiamodelrailroad.com/

Forgive the quality of the videos, but this is a little-known place and attraction.

A wonderful layout. We can all learn so much about scenery detail from these craftmen.

I learnt many years ago, to not only take photos with a camera, but takes photos with your mind. What is in the mind is the power to creating great things.
Cheers,
Roy

Thanks for sharing with us, the Porsche is unreal, can't imagine how many hands and time to create something that big and extensive, and the elaborate signal system too boot.

Needs a scaled track plan(s) before any attempt could be made to render in "virtual" format.

It's also the only large scale layout with a full lazer projection system allowing for full photorealistic 3D simulation of clouds,
rain, and scenery backgrounds.

It also can project lighting effects anywhere on the layout, in any way you could imagine.

Rico

Wow what a layout!

I'm sure he had some help building this. :)

There's a nice representation of the major German model railroad manufacturers here with the trains, track, and catenary supplied by Märklin, trees, grass, people, and autos by Preiser, and the bridges and structures by Faller.

You're right he did ;)

Wow what a great layout, I would have liked to see an external view from the Train and then be able to gauge the overall size of the large area the layout is housed in !
Also get the overall view of the scenery.
My little Marklin Layout is dwarfed by it, I did see some of the same trains and carriages that I have including the ICE's.

NormP.

Wow what a great layout, I would have liked to see an external view from the Train and then be able to gauge the overall size of the large area the layout is housed in !
My little Marklin Layout is dwarfed by it, I did see some of the same trains and carriages that I have including the ICE's.

NormP.

Hey Norm, It is a wonderfully detailed layout. I did a Google search on 'Mr Porsche Train layout' and got several YouTube videos on how it was created. I also saw how they assembled the modules together. It's worth a look.

Cheers mate,
Roy

Hey Norm, It is a wonderfully detailed layout. I did a Google search on 'Mr Porsche Train layout' and got several YouTube videos on how it was created. I also saw how they assembled the modules together. It's worth a look.

Cheers mate,
Roy

Roy:

Apparently you missed that I posted all of those vids in this thread already? LOL :eek:

Rico

NormP.

Norm: I posted vids of the layout and the building of it above your post.

Rico

I have started looking into more video's of the Layout and am impressed by size and complexity of the whole area.
Will spend time viewing more as I get time to do so.

Thanks for bringing this too my attention.

NormP.

Back