Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pennsylvania & Berwind Route

Wow, I can not believe that link still works. I just downloaded the original and successfully loaded it into TS12. That really threw me back.

Well, now at least we know that it's still out there for everyone to enjoy. And now you can compare how I'm tweaking the route to how Bill had it laid out.

I wish his paperwork was still out there. I might see if I can get in contact with him again to re-release the paperwork at the very least. I'm sure he'd be thrilled so many people are still enjoying his route.

I also forgot he built the original route in TS04. Man that was so long ago!!

-Joe

Greetings!

I hope you don't mind if I join in the conversations!

https://1drv.ms/b/s!Am2nDf5yslxHg0i8l-K5lbmB9U0C

https://1drv.ms/b/s!Am2nDf5yslxHgg_Hot9VX7YsO3s5

Bill
    Last edited by billm001; February 15th, 2017 at 10:32 PM.

Welcome back Bill! Glad you popped on and shared the paper work part of the route as there have been a lot of talk about it recently. I hope you've been enjoying my rebuild of your fantastic route. Let me know if you upgrade to TANE so I can shoot you the cdp file.

Might have to start a fresh thread on the P&B soon. 😉

Joe

United States of America, California, Monterey
    Blog Entries

Great videos, I'm trying to learn some Scenery technique.

United States of America, Illinois, Park Ridge

Hello Bill,

Great to see you join this thread. Thanks for the support documents. As I said in my previous message I am very impressed with the route. It really doesn't show its age. I printed out those docs and have started to read thru them. Very interesting read and great fun. Provides a lot on insight into operation.

Thanks again.

Paul

Thank you so much for your complements. One of the things I really like about my route is that it has the exact track arrangements there were at some of the coal mines and towns that I used to visit as a kid and watch the trains switch. Mine 78 and the Millcreek tipple are great examples of some of those track plans. So its fun to be able to switch and load coal trains on the same arrangement of track that I used to watch as a youngster. I replicated them from official track schematics and also by tramping on the track myself and memorizing the arrangement.

Is there anything I can help clarify about the route and operations?

Bill

Hey everyone! BillM! You're back! Glad to see some everyone again and see this route coming to life again. Sorry I have taken so long to post, but been busy irl, had a business trip out of town and been a busy week. Just have a weekend to relax before another busy week ahead.

Joe, loving the videos and look forward to more when you get settled in to your new home. Congrats again! Love the latest video(s)!

Bill, glad to see you back! What more can I say, just made my week guys!

Have a good weekend everyone and I'll check in from time to time! Can't wait to start up some pics when the route is released!

Regards,
    Brian
    Pennsylvania & Berwind Railroad
    abcdfaqoz P&BRR Let's Build: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuI...IvgaqOJT0mj1TA

BillM WELCOME BACK and thanks for the links and amazing route.

Bill

Love your videos, good luck on moving, great looking route, Bill thanks for building the route back in the day, now going to down load the old one, do some switching, thanks aging,

Blog Entries

Is there a download link for the route, I looked further back in the thread but I couldn't find it.
    Supporter of spelling, grammar, and punctuation.

Not ATM; but when ApproachMedium finishes his rendition, he will release it. Subscribe to his YouTube Channel and follow along with the rebuild.

JB

I just managed to get the billm version loaded into TS12 over the weekend, and printed out the docs linked above. I planned to just quickly run through the layout in surveyor mode with the docs to get a sense of what the original looked like in comparison to what AM has previewed on his youtube channel. Holy cow, is that a detailed and well thought out layout! I ended up spending about 2 hrs going through the whole thing. Really looking forward to P&B '17 version.

Hey there pbot,

Glad to hear you've acquired all the necessary paperwork! Are you the same person who snapped at me the other day?

How has your experience along the original P&B been so far? Share your story here!

-AM

Quote Originally Posted by acbdfaqoz View Post
    Are you the same person who snapped at me the other day?
    No, that wasn't me. Haven't had much free time for Trainz in the past couple of weeks. Saw what you posted from your chat with billm on twitter. My grandmother lives in Windber, will have to take a few detours on our next visit.