Thread: Buildings like these?

Default Buildings like these?

Hi,
    Does anyone out there know of buildings that look like these?

I need a large, modern shopping outlet like this for my project. Bit of a long shot I know but I thought I'd see if anybody here knew where I could get some.

United States of America, Floatin' Along the Delaware River
    Blog Entries

I don't recall seeing a modern shopping center, but there are modern big boxes. Search under K-Mart. You can also try searching under the user keimei - he made some modern-ish stuff. Lastly, you can always kitbash using some of paulzmay's office building series.
    Eat More Popsicles.

I created some exactly like that several years ago.
    I'm not sure if they've been "attacked" by the clean-up crew or not, but in their original state I'm pretty sure they worked fine upto TRS12.

They should still be on the Download Station.

Smiley.

Quote Originally Posted by Smileyman View Post
    I'm not sure if they've been "attacked" by the clean-up crew or not, but in their original state I'm pretty sure they worked fine upto TRS12.

Smiley.
    Just had a look on DLS and nothing shows for these buildings. A lot of other items are now showing as "N/A".

United States of America, Oregon, Forest Grove

Quote Originally Posted by Smileyman View Post

Smiley.
    Exactly?

Kind-sorta-maybe, but not exactly.

Rico

Quote Originally Posted by nathanmallard View Post
    Hi,
    Does anyone out there know of buildings that look like these?

I need a large, modern shopping outlet like this for my project. Bit of a long shot I know but I thought I'd see if anybody here knew where I could get some.

Nathan, do you have anymore pic references? Or do you know the name of this strip mall, it's location maybe?

I could make this one if we can get good pics, and maybe see it in Google Earth for reference.

It would be an optimized SU model with nightlight, no LOD. Low or high rez textures depending on what you'r doing with it (i.e. close to rails, or background building).

Also, it would good to know the footprint dimensions you need it to fit.

Rico

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stationbeem View Post
    Just had a look on DLS and nothing shows for these buildings. A lot of other items are now showing as "N/A".
    See Retail Park 1 and Retail Park 2 that look very similar to the photos. They look fine in TANE and show a couple of warnings in TS12 but nothing of any consequence.

I don't see any of Smileyman's assets marked as N/A.

Paul

There is Shopping Center 01 by Maddy25 or Storefronts 24 DES by davesnow, but these are more little strip malls. Racertodd has several assets under Building,Mall on the DLS. Hope this helps? Almost forgot Euphod has several stores (Big and small) that can be used side by side
    Dean
    Last edited by danddhud; January 12th, 2017 at 01:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ricomon35 View Post
    Nathan, do you have anymore pic references? Or do you know the name of this strip mall, it's location maybe?

I could make this one if we can get good pics, and maybe see it in Google Earth for reference.

It would be an optimized SU model with nightlight, no LOD. Low or high rez textures depending on what you'r doing with it (i.e. close to rails, or background building).

Also, it would good to know the footprint dimensions you need it to fit.

Rico
    Ref 53Deg 43'42.08 N 0Deg 22'14.97 W On Google Earth

Well done stationbeem! It is indeed St Andrews Quay, Hull. I am updating the Hull-Thorne Jcn section of the ECML to the present day and these buildings are quite prominent from the Lrailway line and especially the cement works branch. I've kitbashed some from the retail park models and some warehouses but it still doesn't look exactly right.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanmallard View Post
    Well done stationbeem! It is indeed St Andrews Quay, Hull. I am updating the Hull-Thorne Jcn section of the ECML to the present day and these buildings are quite prominent from the Lrailway line and especially the cement works branch. I've kitbashed some from the retail park models and some warehouses but it still doesn't look exactly right.
    I've got the facade proportions built, the textures for the brick and concrete faces as well.
    The close ups in Google maps are very clear, allowing for photo-texturing, except for the Curry and Barker/Stonehouse areas.
    The Google car didn't drive directly in front of those areas.

Also, do you want all four of the Quay buildings, including Makro?

What do you think?

Rico
    Last edited by ricomon35; January 13th, 2017 at 07:00 PM.

Looking good! Thankyou very much! Yeah, may as well throw in Makro as well if it's not too much trouble. There's also a pod thing- not sure what you'd call it, there's a Subway and a Carphone Warehouse. I'll post some screenshots of the route later.
    EDIT: Here's a bit of a tease:
    Last edited by nathanmallard; January 13th, 2017 at 12:06 PM.

nathanmallard.

Good representation of Anlaby Road and the KCom Stadium.
    Looking forward to running this if you release it.

Regards Dave.

I hope so but it depends on whether Napier_Deltic gives me permission as it was his route originally.