Canadian Rocky Mountains Columbia River Basin

chaztrains62

I just purchased this route and I have to say I am a little disappointed. For $40.00 which is almost what TANE itself cost, it is a little pricey. The landscape and scenery are very good. What disappoints me is for the price I would expect better locomotives and rolling stock, the look of the engines is poor compared to what is available today. Also I would like to have seen the TANE track used which takes advantage of TANE's new features. Lastly the fact that you are locked out of editing the route gets my goat! After spending that much, it would be nice to be able to edit the route to a form that I would be happy with. Maybe instead of locking people out of editing for their own use, you could block people from reposting a payware route that they have edited. I have done routes of my own and I understand the time you have to put in to build a route, but there are many route out there that are nearly as good and are free and editable. I am sure I will get flake from people who love this route, all I am saying is it's a little pricey for what you get. Sorry if I offended anyone.

Chaztrainz

Does the new route have mediocre non-North American style track like the original. That was the worst track ever.

If the track can't be replace with JR it isn't worth buying.

If you want Canadian this one is free and editable just has to have the Pofig trees switched out in TS12:

http://www.doug56.net/MBC_2010_TS12_Route/

mbc1.jpg

mbc4.jpg

Harold

EDIT: Oh yeah, the DLC goes missing if you don't phone home after a month, the AeroTrain wasn't available in my offline TANE, buyer beware.

Last edited:
The track is <kuid2:593815:100033:6> TSM Track WWL SK 14

Which I think looks pretty damn good, I was very glad to see that it wasn't the same old TANE procedural track. One of my greatest fears for TANE is that, given the difficulty of making procedural tracks, we would see every route using the same track.

I did buy the route as soon as I saw it. I've been wanting to buy some of Roy's routes for awhile now but I was kinda waiting for the TANE versions given TS12's performance issues. Yeah, Roy's routes are expensive but IMO they appear well worth the money and this route confirms it to my mind.

Many, if not most routes, don't come with a lot of rolling stock so I wasn't too disappointed about that. After all there are over 400 Canadian Pacific rolling stock assets on the DLS of which at least 140 are locomotives. Enough to pack even the Golden Yard. :D

As for the locked route, yeah that is bad but it isn't the route's fault, that is on N3V. Hopefully they will get their head out.

Roy did a fabulous job with this route. I have his TS12 Canadian Rocky routes which I was in the process of converting over to T:ANE, but their shear size made updating cumbersome. When I saw the offer to test this route, I jumped on it, and as one of the beta testers I enjoyed testing it. The scenery is quite well done and the Auto-dispatcher and User-dispatcher sessions are ready for customizing, I think. When I was testing those, I put in a Canadian Pacific classic passenger train and drove that and boy did that look nice running along the river. It was my recommendation to update the track to something better in the beginning which he did. I was quite pleased when I saw this updated.

Yes Guess I am not really blaming the route itself for the editing thing, sorry it came off that way. I have edited the sessions with engines and rolling stock form what I have and I am a little happier with it. ;)

I've just gotten started with it, having done 'excursion' runs from Golden out to the three unportals (30 to 45 minutes each). The trip East up the Kicking Horse River canyon is lovely. I also did some comparison between the route and Google Earth and it seems pretty accurate so far as I can tell allowing for the limits of TANE. The Golden yard looks spot on. This is one of the few routes that can benefit from running your Max Draw Distance all the way up to 15 km. (Chokes my system if I keep all the details settings at my preferred level) As Roy pointed out to me this is the smallest of his routes, the rest will be coming in due course. :D

Well I haven't seen this mentioned but escd84 has uploaded 34 Canadian Pacific Consists that run the gamut from MOW thru passenger and many different freight consists. All the assets for the consists are on the DLS too, thanks escd84 :wave:

Just the thing for cluttering up the Golden Yard and should add some variety to the Dispatcher and Automatic sessions.

24 different consists, I used Instant Load for these shots.

:hehe:

Last edited:
:hehe: I spoke too soon. Turns out that one consist hadn't become available so that makes a total of 35 Consists. escd84 has also uploaded two basic sessions for the route. One with traffic and one without. Both have altered environmental settings that look pretty good IOM and a full set of error handling rules implemented; speeding, derail, coupler, and more. Take a look :udrool:

Experiencing some intermittent issues with seasonal road textures in this route.

I have adjusted the environment settings to display snow throughout the route, which appears to work just fine with all seasonal textures but the roads. When adjusting the zoom in and out, roads will shift from snow covered to not snow covered. Almost seems associated with LOD?

Would appreciated anyone else who purchased this route to help me confirm the issue if you have the time. Haven't had time to test this in another route, but will try and build a quick test mockup in the morning.

Just hope I'm not overlooking some setting in TANE to prevent this.

Thanks!!

Great route, BTW!!

@jbaxter1964

thanks for posting and pointing at a road having LOD problems. Can you give me the kuid pls so i can check here?
enjoy.

have a nice day

Roy

These are all six of your seasonal roads. As you can see two of the yarnish show the lod issue. You will also note that one of your funky roads turns transparent.

Hey Roy, your picture broke the internet!

Here is a shot from the included yard work session,

I like this session because there are a lot of things going on in the yard at the same time.

fire fighting at Columbia river basin

arsenists try to put the route on fire but Rob725 provided orion firefighters to the job and job well done!
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

:wave:

Last edited:
Back