Information about Andi06

I posted the following on British Trainz, I feel I should post this here too:

As anyone who's been a long term member of the UK trainz community will tell you, Andi06 was one of the big names, alongside the likes of Pikkabird, Skipper1945, Kemplen, El Davo since at least trainz 2004 days.

We mustn't underestimate his contributions to the trainz community. His models and scripting work were brilliant concepts, this can be evidenced by how long people have been using them within trainz. Espicially of note are his tunnel and station kits, nothing as flexible or as easy to use have been designed since.

A sad loss to the trainz community, we have lost a much respected member.

Last edited:
My condoleances to Andi's family. He really ment al lot to this community. he made some inspiring content which also inspired others.

Koos

Only just heard. So sorry, condolences go to you, Steve and your family. Will be sorely missed.

Thank you oknotsen.
I have access to Andi's computers. I intend that the content he created and the source code for asset-x is made available. Somehow. Sometime.
I still have Andi's email address, and have sent a message to you. Hope that's ok.

Last edited:
I am very saddened by the news. R.I.P. Andi. Condolences to family and friends. Trainz has lost another great one.
Chuck ( CeeBee)

Such sad news.
I think Andi will be best remembered in this community for his revolutionary 'superscript' system which is now used by more assets than you can shake a long stick at. I don't know what we'd do without it.
That, I think, is a lasting and fitting legacy. Thankyou Andi. R.I.P.

Have often had to be with people at such sad times however when something like this happens it always touches. Even more so when a totally unexpected situation. An excellent contributor and so kind of the family to let us know the sad news and great loss to our community.

My condolences Steve & family. No words for such sad and bad new. Always appreciated and now, always missed.
Thanks Andi for making people happy without nothing in return.

Sad news. My condolences. I use his fixed track junctions and his station platforms for my route almost every day.

Just seen this very sad news. Without his wonderful junction kit in the years before pro-track I don't think I would have persevered with Trainz. A very skillful creator and helper, with an amazingly deep knowledge of Trainz. He will be sorely missed.
Peter

Speaking of Junction Kits, I got it working recently and it's one real treat! :D
If I ever find myself working on a route, you can bet your coal heaps I'll be using it! ;) :D

As I'm no longer an active member of this community, I've only just found out about this.
Such sad news.

Andi was not only very generous with his skills, but always had time to help people.
I firmly believe no-one has had more of an influence on the quality of the Trainz product than Andi.

Not just his excellently scripted and modelled assets, or the originality of them, but the fact that he was always snapping at N3V's heels when they tried to fob us off, and in doing so, pushed Trainz further along the line.

I hope he went peacefully.
As Bob said in this thread, it's like losing a friend you never met.

RIP mate.

Brian.

@steve06

Goodness gracious! May he rest in peace, he'll be missed. Without him in the past, everyone who made scripted trains would have a lot of problems. Sorry to hear about your brothers passing - nothing is perfect. As much as I hate to say it, it's a shame that he passed. He was a good and a appreciated user here, now that he is gone. Everyone shall miss him, I am sorry for your loss.

With whistling regards,
Sam

I am so sorry to hear this news, Steve. My condolences to you and your family. He and I didn't converse much, but when we did, I always learned something.

Bill

Back