Mapping

I did this with GIMP. First, I set Trainz to run in a window smaller than the screen size. Then I opened a route and when it loaded, switched to map view. Then I zoomed out to a point from which I could see the features I wanted on the baseboards (the farther out you zoom, the fewer features you can see, but the greater number of visible baseboards). Then I launched GIMIP, and used the feature to create an image from a screenshot of a single window. I then pasted copies of the images as layers into a single GIMP image, adjusting layers, and adding annotations as needed. Here is a sample made with this technique:

Oxbow.jpg

ns

Vern, I understood the essence of the original question to be that given a route already in Trainz, how to make a map of that route. If you know how to accomplish this with TransDEM, perhaps you could share the secret.

ns

I also use GIMP. Screenshot, then basically selecting by color, or using the black/white EQ's.
Dragging them up and down, and everything except the tracks disappear :D

Vern, I understood the essence of the original question to be that given a route already in Trainz, how to make a map of that route. If you know how to accomplish this with TransDEM, perhaps you could share the secret.

ns

OP was unclear. (IMHO).

Transdem unable to assist if mapping an existing route is what they require.

Back