Screenshot of The Week: October 23 to October 30 (Platform)

nicky9499

SSoTW Bot
Greetings.

The classic scene of the beginning or end of every rail journey. Old school charm or urban efficiency? Metropolis terminus or backwater Amshack? Or maybe even a freight platform? I don't know, let your creativity run loose as always. This week's theme is Platform. Please send your theme suggestions for subsequent competitions via email or Skype by clicking on the little icons below my username.

One screenshot allowed per entrant. Screenshots must adhere to the theme and the Trainz Forum Code of Conduct.

Submission closes on October 31 at 12:00 noon UTC/GMT/Zulu time.

Cheerio,
Nicholas

cb4c03c8940817c537cdd83b8b08bad4.jpg

The platforms at...well, guess. Yes I know the signal box is in the wrong place, I couldn't fit it in it's actual location without editing the station asset.

If I'm the only submission do I win by default?

Sadly, not every platform sees passengers. A number sit vacant and lonesome....a silent reminder of a time when the railroad was the only way to get around.

1e1a64e4ab4d498a6fd8e8fb5be5e6e9.jpg

The monthly drop off of food and other produce sat on the small freight platform waiting to be put into storage at the small settlement.

Last edited:
This is from the French station of Saint Pierre des Corps, on the Paris to Bordeaux high speed line that we are modeling for an engineering school projet called SARDINE.
6119b5988913eb0694f2a70e6718f8f4.jpg

The 8 o'clock Southbound Keelthorpe - Glen Davis service departing Koonawarra is greeted by an Eastbound 3PN4 Intermodal. It is not unusual to see freight trains on suburban lines as Australia does not have dedicated passenger corridors.

Hello from France,

May 1986 , after a run from Paris at 200 km/h the french train "Capitole" stops shorly in "Limoges-Bénédictins" station , before going on towards Toulouse :

Cheers, Marc

Hi, Beko, for the moment, nowhere, it is a personal realisation, but i could share it on my website in a few days if any interest ....

Cheers, Marc

Submissions are now closed. There are 16 entries for this round so up to 3 votes are allowed. Voting will be from now until November 7, 1200nn UTC. Please post your votes below.

Back