Uploading Images

ish6

Since 2001
Hey All--

You know, I have not used imageshack in a long time, and today its' no longer a few site to upload image -- I do use photobucket -- So, out of curiosity, what other sites are out there to upload images?

Thanks for your feedback@

Since TANE, why bother with any upload site at all? You can upload them to the Gallery from inside the game with just a simple mouse-click.
Next just go to the gallery, figure out the URL of the image (in Chrome you do so by right-clicking it and select "open image in new tab" for example), and use that where ever you like.

No new website needed, no new account, no new password, not giving your email address to yet another company.

Also works for people with older versions of Trainz, though they have to go to the Gallery, login and manually upload the image.

Guess where my signature image is hosted?

Oknotsen: so you can crop, modify, edit or filter images.

HostthenPost needs no account, no password and no email.

Ive also noticed some shots uploaded via the portal aren't that crisp, your signature being an example of such

Since TANE, why bother with any upload site at all? You can upload them to the Gallery from inside the game with just a simple mouse-click.
Next just go to the gallery, figure out the URL of the image (in Chrome you do so by right-clicking it and select "open image in new tab" for example), and use that where ever you like.

No new website needed, no new account, no new password, not giving your email address to yet another company.

Also works for people with older versions of Trainz, though they have to go to the Gallery, login and manually upload the image.

Hello O --

I'll give it a try, and see how it goes!

I wasn't sure how it all works!!

Thanks O :wave:

Ish

Imgur.com is very easy to use and doesn't require an account, but if you want to look back at your images, you'll need one (and I haven't received any spam emails from them, so that's great). It has its own community and content so that's a nice bonus. I enjoy using Flickr (requires a Yahoo account, good thing I don't actually use any other Yahoo services) as my 'main' page, where finished or presentable screenshots go, and Imgur as my place for WIP-shots or stuff I don't want to add to Flickr. I'll use Hostthenpost for some oddities - typically for those times I can't use Flickr or Imgur for whatever reason (which does happen, surprisingly).

Cheers,
SM

Which unfortunately is totally useless, if like most of the UK you have a dynamic IP address, not a static one.

Really? I had no idea. I was referring to static IPs: it can't track your IP unless its constant

Regardless, still works.

Hello O,

My good friend, a quick question if I may, sir.... I just uploaded an image to the trainz gallery so how do you attained the URL of that image to be use elsewhere, example, my desert blog?

Thanks in advance!

Ish

how do you attained the URL of that image to be use elsewhere
That depends a bit on your browser.

In Chrome (which I currently use the most), I right-click on the image, select "Open image in new tab", go to the now opened tab and copy the URL.

Desert-Interactive-Railroads.jpg

In Windows10 with Edge, I right-click the image, click "Ask Cortana", click on "See full-size image" and copy the URL of the browser page that now opens.

In IE you could right-click and get the URL via properties.

I am sure every browser has its trick.

That depends a bit on your browser.

In Chrome (which I currently use the most), I right-click on the image, select "Open image in new tab", go to the now opened tab and copy the URL.

In Windows10 with Edge, I right-click the image, click "Ask Cortana", click on "See full-size image" and copy the URL of the browser page that now opens.

In IE you could right-click and get the URL via properties.

I am sure every browser has its trick.

Hey O, thanks a bunch, sir ... Using IE here! Worked like a charm!:p

Take Care now!!!
Ish

O,

Another quick question, sir -- I just thought of it, it's why new post!

At the trainz gallery, are the screenshots spread individually?

I guess clicking each picture to "Favorite" will display them all together ... so that's the only method available ... I'm speculating here!

Ish

Lets just say The Gallery is missing some key features... which is why I use it to "host" random Trainz screenshots.

The only way to get all your own images to show together (that I have found so far) is to use the "Search Media" option and add your own username.

Back