Screenshot of The Week: September 25 to October 2 2016 (Construction)

Voting

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nicky9499

SSoTW Bot
Greetings.

Just like the routes we build, our world is in a perpetual state of work in progress, never being really "complete". This week's theme is Construction. Please send your theme suggestions for subsequent competitions via email or Skype by clicking on the little icons below my username.

One screenshot allowed per entrant. Screenshots must adhere to the theme and the Trainz Forum Code of Conduct.

Submission closes on Octobeer 3 at 12:00 noon UTC/GMT/Zulu time.

Cheerio,
Nicholas

It's 1955 at Fingal in Tasmania on the Tasmanian Government Railways narrow gauge (3ft 6in) Fingal branch line. A new coal loader and washing facility is being built at a location called Duncan just outside of town. To service the new facility a WYE is being constructed for trains carrying coal from mines at Jubilee and Cullenswood (from the west) and at Fingal and Avoca (from the east) and so that trains carrying washed coal can depart for Conara Junction and destinations on the main line (to the west). Back in the "good old" 1950s it was manual labour, with help from a tractor if you were lucky, that did most of the spur line construction.

29840626092_c932b09afa_h.jpg

Cheers,
SM

A Penn Central freight roars by as a excavator (sorry Vinnie!) is dropping some dirt.

Last edited:
The mules and horses pull the cut and trimmed logs to the stacking area. From these logs is the construction of log cabins for the new settlement .

Greetings all. Tony has suggested we try a poll format so let's do just that this week. Please vote for the entry you like most in the poll at the top of this thread. Roy your pic doesn't show up so kindly fix these before the end of voting, thank you.

Edit: Whoops, Arhian7 and dcl0119's entries show up now but it seems I'm unable to edit the poll. Please post votes for them below, votes for everyone else can go in the poll.

Last edited:
Roy, it shows up here as a "script not found" no-entry icon. I inspected your post and it appears to be an image linked from Google drive. It may be the case you can see it because you're logged into your Goodle Drive but everyone else can't see it. Please obtain a plain (ending in jpg/png) link or the public shareable link to embed.

I can't see it either, Roy, so I doubt it is Nicky's side.
Just upload the image to the gallery (can even be done from inside TANE) and link to that image?

updated #12 where the original pict was linked from google+ as always and I not have seen problems so far. the new one is linked to a picture i posted same day on the gallery.

Roy

Back