Timber Ridge Line Redux

Looking very good Dan,

I've begun working on Redtop, replaced the retaining wall with cliff line, replaced the airfield with a flying circus. Begun expanding railroad service structures, I'm planning much more including much that you have done with Timber Ridge township. Industries will probably include sawmill and lumber yard and a petroleum depot as well as freight houses.

And the end of the borax cycle. Borax ore is delivered to the processing mill outside of Prowler via the 36ng line and the refined product is loaded into standard gauge covered hoppers for delivery via portal.

Last edited:
looks good Norm , nice touch lifting up the town
i've done a few more things on timber ridge but now i have got the dig hole issue sorted so i can fix the tunnels i've gone back to working on my drgw freelance route with the view or getting it up on the DLC eventually , theres a fair bit to do , as a lot of the textures have specular issues ( and were from trainz italia payware, which would be a no no for dlc anyway, so i am creating a lot of new texures and just have make some normal maps for them) . When i get closer to completion, would you like a copy to test out ?, its 130 boards with lots of industries , heres a few shots of some of them
Screen%20Shot%202016-11-20%20at%2011.40.43%20am_zps4ngep8lr.png

Screen%20Shot%202016-11-20%20at%2011.41.33%20am_zpsnrnwk7zg.png

oil
Screen%20Shot%202016-11-20%20at%2011.36.59%20am_zpsarftcufl.png

logging
Screen%20Shot%202016-11-20%20at%2011.40.29%20am_zps6nj8unae.png

boxes
Screen%20Shot%202016-11-20%20at%2011.35.49%20am_zpsawbfxzxt.png

coal

Screen%20Shot%202016-11-20%20at%2011.36.40%20am_zpscwa17sq7.png

limestone
Screen%20Shot%202016-11-20%20at%2011.39.39%20am_zpsyj11zjwo.png

silver

Screen%20Shot%202016-11-20%20at%2011.38.52%20am_zpsxgbhkijj.png

steel and power generation
Screen%20Shot%202016-11-20%20at%2011.37.58%20am_zpsebzbogyb.png

open cut iron ore
Screen%20Shot%202016-11-20%20at%2011.35.19%20am_zpsv2oeknej.png

lime and concrete
will probably also add some livestock processing. let me know if you are interested !

Sure, I'd be glad to take a look at it for you Don. I really like that open pit mine very nice. Drop me a PM when you're ready.

I didn't actually raise Redtop. Here's the original

I really disliked the retaining wall and so replaced it with pencil42's cliffs.

I've been experimenting with the sawmill, lumber yard, furniture mfg. I might have gone a bit overboard. ;)

I also took a page from your book and removed the taller buildings from the town.

Edit: There, that's a little better, now all I have to do is make it all interactive and add about a ton of lumber.

:D

Last edited:
Sure, I'd be glad to take a look at it for you Don. I really like that open pit mine very nice. Drop me a PM when you're ready.

I really disliked the retaining wall and so replaced it with pencil42's cliffs.

I've been experimenting with the sawmill, lumber yard, furniture mfg. I might have gone a bit overboard. ;)

I also took a page from your book and removed the taller buildings from the town.

Edit: There, that's a little better, now all I have to do is make it all interactive and add about a ton of lumber.

:D

Thanks, when i have a reasonable version together i'll let you know. i'm making the new textures today and it should be a matter of swopping them over, even if its not complete it would be good to have someone else look it over and point out mistakes.
"I didn't actually raise Redtop. Here's the original"
ah, that is so strange, the version of the route i have been working with doesn't have any settlement called Red top .the airfield is called Gant and that part of the route is flat, how strange. Seeing the airport made me think it was this part of the route. i must be using another version of the route, i know klinger made several but the original was lost in a computer crash so it cannot be that one.
anyway , i know you wanted to use the logging textures i mentioned in another post , i do have them completed , i revised them so that they were darker, should be on DLC in a few days.

<kuid2:119493:1206:3> Timber Ridge Line from the DLS

As you can see Redtop is west across the gap from Gant and is on the 30" line not the 36".

I decided to follow your lead on the trees too. The idea of screening the splines just wasn't working.

Edit:
Gant's Farm looking off toward Redtop.

Trying to select trees :confused:

This little 30" gauge 4-4-0 by bdaneal is about my favorite of the whole bunch unfortunately she does not work. I guess it is past time I learned especs, cabs, and steam scripting.

Last edited:
Norm,

[This little 30" gauge 4-4-0 by bdaneal is about my favorite of the whole bunch unfortunately she does not work. I guess it is past time I learned especs, cabs, and steam scripting.]

If you are trying to get Bens NG30 working in TANE PM me, I have a working loco.

<kuid2:119493:1206:3> Timber Ridge Line from the DLS

As you can see Redtop is west across the gap from Gant and is on the 30" line not the 36".

I decided to follow your lead on the trees too. The idea of screening the splines just wasn't working.

Edit:
Gant's Farm looking off toward Redtop.

Trying to select trees :confused:

This little 30" gauge 4-4-0 by bdaneal is about my favorite of the whole bunch unfortunately she does not work. I guess it is past time I learned especs, cabs, and steam scripting.
expletives deleted !!! well i dunno how the hell i've got the truncated version, there must have been a newer one posted up there and i never noticed, but that whole section doesn't exist on the version i had, when i return to it, i'll have to take both of them, delete the bit i already have on the DLC version and then merge them together and hope it works :)
yeah that 4-4-0 and 4-60 by ben are sweet and neither of them works for me.
i am stuck in the middle of a gigantic ground texture creation project , i have about 100 textures , i did about 30 of them and then discovered i'd made a huge mistake trying to make them smaller , they work much better at 1024 size than 512 and still working on perfecting the normal mapping, but getting there , hopefully these will extend the new mexico/colorado textures TS12 tane textures we have to work with a little and they will be free so can be used on any route.

Ken's fix for Ben's 4-4-0 is much like philskene's fixes to many of Ben's locomotives. Replacing the custom interior with a generic Auran cab and espec and tinkering with the drivers. It does get them working, thanks again Ken!

Since the 30ng locomotives come in oil, wood, and coal burning configs I added all services to the Redtop yard. I still need to add sand and ash points.

Using one of Pencil42's passenger depots works pretty well for now. Unfortunately the mail bags stick out the side of the Combination car.

I'm still fooling around with trees and grasses.

I'm pretty sure you should be able to merge your modified sections in. I've had some good luck doing that with other routes. Near as I can tell from your screenshots the two routes are identical for those areas you've shown.

Edit: While Ben's 4-6-0 doesn't work in DCC it seems to work OK in CAB mode. The 4-4-0 sort of worked too except for script errors.

Sadly that means the AI can't drive it.

Last edited:
Since one person objects to my posting of locomotive collections I thought I'd try this. :hehe:

US 30NG Steam Locomotive Roster

Additions and corrections welcomed.

Edit, made a couple of corrections myself. :hehe:

Last edited:
Well modern Aussie Cane railroads are fun and interesting and modern Canadian freight ops are interesting and fun but... Back to my true love!

It's 56 miles from the Tollume Portal in the northwest to the Glenview Portal in the southeast on the 36" mainline and takes about four hours to run non-stop. :D

That person doesn't seem to be paying attention so...

Elvenor and Togog D&RG locomotive collection. Mostly these do not overlap Prowler901's collection being much earlier.

Edit: I thought I'd posted my Prowler901 D&RG collection screenie in this thread but I don't see it. so...

Last edited:
well you have a lot of motive power there Norm, i have merged the two version of the route together, its much much larger than i thought and some of the best bits are in that new portion, love the 6 percent grades up to the switchback! i put three EBT 2-8-2's on a big coal train and they shot up there , even with 1000 tons, which surprised me !

the logging textures are now back up on DLS weighing 350K instead of 11 megs and featuring correct normal maps . i am still in the midst of creating new textures and cliff faces so it will be a while before i do anything new on this route , even ground textures can take some time to get correct , can't believe i've spend about a week on them and still nowhere near completed.
watch the freeware page for when they start to come on the DLS if you want to investigate them .

I wonder if you could bring this route on to the DLS. I had problems with the older version, since I was unable to include the station at Redtop and the line running west had no textures. I wonder what the textures are. I will show you whats missing and what is fault on the older version at a later date. But in the meantime good job on upgrading the route with a thumbs up.

Good to hear you got the merge done OK Don. I decided I liked your idea of using Colorado71's stations...

Tollume Pass

Tollume I just changed this station to use Elvenor's western passengers

and I have adapted the platform shown here at Como.

@Alec We don't have klinger's permission to upload his work and I know my version is just getting started, Don's is probably much further along but he just added about 30 or so miles to the work he has done.

The station at Redtop is broken, I replaced it with one of pencil42's off the DLS. If you post a screenie of the area with the missing texture I'm sure Don or I can id it for you.

Last edited:
Good to hear you got the merge done OK Don. I decided I liked your idea of using Colorado71's stations...

Tollume Pass

Tollume I just changed this station to use Elvenor's western passengers

and I have adapted the platform shown here at Como.

@Alec We don't have klinger's permission to upload his work and I know my version is just getting started, Don's is probably much further along but he just added about 30 or so miles to the work he has done.

The station at Redtop is broken, I replaced it with one of pencil42's off the DLS. If you post a screenie of the area with the missing texture I'm sure Don or I can id it for you.
Those stations work really well norm. keep up the goo work.
it would be nice to have fully working TANE version on DLS , perhaps when we get further down the road we could ask klinger if we could update it, but for all we know he could be updating himself. does anyone know if he is still active?

Wait, there is supposed to be a station at Redtop? I have Timber Ridge Line v4 and there is no station there.

Back