Timber Ridge Line Redux

I am doing this from memory and can't be sure I cover everything.

Fixing Prowler901's locomotives basically requires doing things like the above. Reading the error messages and addressing each one using PEVs tools or finding textures in other similar engines or many other fixes.

thanks norm, very handy !

View from the roof of Cowell's Five and Dime.

Elvenor & Togog's collection

Prowler901's collection

Honestly I've been having so much fun playing with the route I haven't done much driving. :eek:

Last edited:
ive just been playing with the new splines and textures i made for colorado. n mexico , still working on it, but quite pleased with mix of spline and ground textures, the biggest issue is angles that catch on the texture in bright light , almost need to make two separate textures of the same image and angle then so that they work facing into or away from the sun. i spent 3 hours on one texture and spline today ,still not perfect....
anyway, this is just outside of redtop
redtop-cliff-1_zpsyozt8isn.jpg

blend of spline and topography looks ok from a distance

redtop-cliff-2_zpsf7pyohyk.jpg

but the joins need some cover
redtop-cliff-3_zpsldsitnjm.jpg

got to change the track bed fill colour here and add some grass and weeds
redtop-cliff-4_zpsfd3qrjco.jpg

on the other side of the hill, experimenting with using the spline as a fill for an embankment
Screen%20Shot%202017-01-21%20at%206.01.10%20pm_zpsrhbpuhlk.png

Rock Splines are looking great

Very impressed with your Rock Splines, and as time goes on, I'm confident you'll overcome the reflection issues, but hey its cool to have some custom assets like these to plugin on hillsides etc.

Thank you for great work of ART! :clap:

Rock Splines are looking great

Very impressed with your Rock Splines, and as time goes on, I'm confident you'll overcome the reflection issues, but hey its cool to have some custom assets like these to plugin on hillsides etc.

cheers blue, nice to know its appreciated, since i posted this, i made another darker rock texture which can be used to blend the rocks above the spline onto the ground and this looks a lot better. essentially, it should eliminate the reflections. posted to the download station today so should be up in a day or two, there the rock only spine with flat and 10, 20 30 40 degree angles and two ground textures.

Wait a second... I almost missed it. Dan what locomotives are you using there? I know I've seen converted tank car tenders somewhere but these locos and tenders I'm not sure about.

Ah, I see thanks. I had mistaken the SP Camelback tender for a converted tank car tender. trainboi1 did one for his standard gauge US Plywood locomotive. The only one I know of in trainz.

new spine used on the route ,Cumbres and Toltec sourced dirt cliff with some ground textures to use to blend it in with the ground around the cut , theres dirt and grass ,
Screen%20Shot%202017-01-23%20at%205.14.55%20pm_zpsigfskgt5.png

if i can get the dirt to be seamless on the top part of this spline i'll do an "all dirt "version, should be on dls tomorrow

Back