How to use a payware route

BuilderBob

The current sale tempted me to buy a payware route, but I think it was a mistake.

It downloaded in game OK. I can see the file listed in the Packages folder. At least I assume it is, from the date and time. I can't find anything that cross-references the package filename to the product purchase.

I have rebuilt the data base twice, with no comments re faulty content, and no change to anything.

So how do I get to use the route? I assume there is a separate menu for this content, because it doesn't appear in the original menu, and I understand it won't be editable, so the edit option on that menu would be unusable anyway. I guess that's also why it doesn't appear in CM. But this other menu isn't mentioned in the manual, and I can't see that anything has changed on the startup screen. This is build 82851, with Disable Online Features unticked. The PDF documentation doesn't seem to have been updated for payware items.

I have checked the FAQ, but that only refers to downloading problems. The download was OK. It's using the downloaded route that is the problem.

After you have purchased a DLC route, you need to start Trainz from the launcher and the route should download into the program its self and appear in the routes list ready for use. Once it is downloaded, it will also appear in content manager as well. If the route does not appear in the route list, you can force a redownload by clicking on the File menu on the launcher and picking download purchased content.

After you have purchased a DLC route, you need to start Trainz from the launcher and the route should download into the program its self and appear in the routes list ready for use. Once it is downloaded, it will also appear in content manager as well. If the route does not appear in the route list, you can force a redownload by clicking on the File menu on the launcher and picking download purchased content.

Thank you. I have already tried what you suggested (selecting Download Purchased Content, and restarting) and nothing happens.

However, I believe I have now found it, by searching in CM for some of the text used on the Sim Central site. I will try to find out what is supposed to be included in the package, but I have located an engine so far, so the rest of might be there somewhere. Searching by install date is very helpful.

Back