Snow High Valley Distr Ctr (High Resolution 950x532) Approx

Views from High up and we have Rogue Train on our tracks????

Good Weds Day all,

:D Sorry I've been away, busy times with the Grand Kids Etc.

So we are on our Trip to the North part of Montana, as you can see below, we are going thru some high mountainous country, and I was able after several failed attempts to get the Camera Shot I was looking for, one heck of ridge on the Right, in fact I couldn't get it all, but this is a good start. its around 5:30 AM and the Sun is just over this ridge.....A beautiful day ahead with some surprises in store for us.

:confused: What in the world is this Train doing on our Tracks, well I can tell word has it, they wanted to do some testing for Speed and other factors, so what better than to bring to a mountainous area known for some steep Grades.

We are passing here as we head north......
Wait for it, will get to see the front soon?

All I can till you, this engine looks like it can go faster than 80MPH........A lot Faster......But not in this spot.....LOL

Hmmmmm, very suspicious.....I need to call the Corridor Mgr and see what they didn't tell me this morning...?

Well the Mystery continues, and I'll let you know, my suspicion is they want to test the Brakes and strength in climbing hills, beyond that who knows.......

Also I just purchased Tane The New Era this weekend......Slowly I'm going to play with it to see how it does on this Laptop, and get the Patches, what ever else I need to due.....Eventually I will put it on an HP or similar Desktop, with a much better GPU.......

Have great day all........And thanks for dropping by..

Not bad at all Blue! Interesting shots. I'm running TANE an HP Envy with the Intel Core i7, 16 GB of RAM, and Nvidia GEFORCE graphics. Runs TANE fairly smoothly for the settings I have it set to, although my fps could be a bit better, I'm usually hovering around 20-25 fps depending on where I am on the A&SE. I'm not sure how strong your own Envy is, I see your version has the Core i5 in it, but it should be able to handle what you're doing now, given your routes usually seem to use fairly low res textures and billboard trees.

Tane is working ok, Lots of stuff to import

Not bad at all Blue! Interesting shots. I'm running TANE an HP Envy with the Intel Core i7, 16 GB of RAM, and Nvidia GEFORCE graphics. Runs TANE fairly smoothly for the settings I have it set to, although my fps could be a bit better, I'm usually hovering around 20-25 fps depending on where I am on the A&SE. I'm not sure how strong your own Envy is, I see your version has the Core i5 in it, but it should be able to handle what you're doing now, given your routes usually seem to use fairly low res textures and billboard trees.

Evening Sir,

I do wish it was an i7, Changed other things to SSD and 16 Megs respectfully, Started with 12 Megs, & 1-Tera HD @ 4200RPM, space was fine, speed, forget it.... Got it at Costco, and it has been a great computer otherwise, especially when you consider I had to move from W8 to W10, so far no crash......I checked all the computer's they had, and this HP was the best memory for the money and Drive Space, so I went for it........:D

I can't stand 4200 RPM HD's, :( I understand is for Battery considerations, etc, and probably Heat Buildup as well, so I'm happy I replaced it with SSD. The bummer is the Video card is weak, but it is what it is. 2 out of 3 things will have to work out.......

I did run TANE tonight a little, after a ton of new program addon's, and Patch 3 and 4 Updates, so far so good.....Considering the Video on this Laptop, I'm amazed, and since this Laptop is 64 Bit prime with 32 Bit compatibility, all is good in that respect.

I imported this route into TANE tonight after checking other things in it too see if it worked OK....End result and I have a ton of Importing to do from TS-12!!!!.....That's OK, I'm not complaining, reminds me all the years I worked with Win 1.0 and DOS 2.0 with 640K Memory:hehe:.....to where it is now.......Some things never change....LOL

:eek: So over time we'll get things copied over to Tane.

Glad you liked the Mountain Shots, it was fun, trying not slide over the top of the mountain a few times.

If you have any tips on Porting stuff from TS-12 to Tane, I would be grateful.

Thanks for dropping in..

As far as importing content goes, about all I can say is knuckle down. You're just going to have to redownload a lot of stuff. When I transferred from my pc to this laptop, I packaged all of my personal content into one massive CDP, then I packed up all of the assets for the A&SE into another that I could just so I wouldn't have to deal with redownloading them again (I think the DLS asset count is already in excess of 500). Afterwords I didn't need either so just deleted the CDP's. But yeah, anything that you don't have the patience for redownloading (like say, 300 assets worth of route dependencies) just lob together into one massive CDP and transfer it, and anything else just go ahead and redownload. Transfer anything you anticipate wanting to play with early, and things that don't get used much can be transferred later on.

Need some advice on Texture import process to TANE and other Questions...

As far as importing content goes, about all I can say is knuckle down. You're just going to have to redownload a lot of stuff. When I transferred from my pc to this laptop, I packaged all of my personal content into one massive CDP, then I packed up all of the assets for the A&SE into another that I could just so I wouldn't have to deal with redownloading them again (I think the DLS asset count is already in excess of 500). Afterwords I didn't need either so just deleted the CDP's. But yeah, anything that you don't have the patience for redownloading (like say, 300 assets worth of route dependencies) just lob together into one massive CDP and transfer it, and anything else just go ahead and redownload. Transfer anything you anticipate wanting to play with early, and things that don't get used much can be transferred later on.

Copy that Southern 1581,

One thing(s) I learned growing up, is don't let hard work scare you, and if you do a job, do it right! Work smarter not harder, but watch those short cuts.

My parents taught me those ethics and they are well ingrained for sure.

So I do have copies of lots of this stuff, it'll just take some time, I'm OK with that.

Few Questions for you:

When I opened what I thought was TANE last night, It actually opened Trainz Driver 2016,,what a dummy I was!!!!!Knew I had it, but only used 3 times and then, well you know, I got excited with Merging 5 routes and then the Route Building, Geee lots of stuff can happen in 7 months......:hehe:

All the Routes and train sets redownloaded like the last night again into Trainz Driver 2016, I thought what the heck?????

I didn't realize it was Trainz Driver 2016 ICON on my Taskbar, which I had bought about 7 months ago to try it out? Who knew.....:eek:

So with that in mind, I'm thinking to delete for now, as it is duplication of TANE except it is Driver only no editor.......So I'm wasting hard drive space with Duplicate built in Routes,,,,,,approx 13 Gigs worth after checking,,,Just keeping TANE and TS-12, until I get stuff copied over, and then eventually getting rid of TS-12, since it is not 64 Byte program......I'm trying to slim my programs down and simplify, I'm sure you know how easy it is to accumulate Games and other Software over time.........

( Was just thinking......What I might due to, is move a copy TS-12 to my older Laptop until I get all this stuff ported out......?

Then I don't have to try and run 2 massive programs on this Laptop at same time.......?

Other Question is, I noticed I'm missing some textures for this Route, so what is the best way to bring them into Tane from TS-12, I know how to do Tracks, Scenery and Trains, but I'm not familiar with Texture Files? Will the Textures from TS-12 work in Tane, or is there a difference? And should I not try use those?

Thanks for all your help,,,,,;)

[Update: forgot to mention, my TANE is version 80797 now after SP 3 & 4 finished installing the other night,,no issues that I can see for now?]

Last edited:
Aurora to Montana Rail Trip with the UP Turbines! VIII (West Glacier)

Good Thursday to all,

The mystery Train is Chinese high speed, runs at 95-155 Miles I think?

Here is a link that shows one, there are several more.......I have to confess to you all, I put this one in here,,,,,I was rambling thru all my Trains, and saw this one, why not, something different running that would be unusual to see up here.......

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4MWzIpmUNc

So have fun with the Pic, we are on our way to West Glacier area now on the Montana Run.......[/URL]

We are getting ready to pass the Speedster ahead, he will be gone quickly after we clear the siding for him.

Another view of Valley and some Steel Plants below. as we truck further North, this was taken of West Mountain side of the Route.

A really lofty view here, shows you how high the Ranges are in this area......Train is below in Lower Right Corner.

And I got lucky to catch the early morning sun in this shot, just as it crest the top of the Ridges. Sorry I don't have any Tracks up this high here.......

You get to see the fast moving River going thru the area.......And way out there is Rail Bridge I believe upper middle top of the Picture.

I have to go see the Oral Surgeon Tomorrow, OH what fun....:'( he's going drilling in the Jaw, OUCH!!! I have to get a replacement tooth, so I might be out of action the next few days......Rest assure I'll will return.........

Thanks for dropping by folks,,,,,,Comments always appreciated........

Aurora to Montana Rail Trip with the UP Turbines! VIIII

Good Friday all,

We continue our Trek North, and I hear Rain/ Snow may be in the forecast. Normal for these parts, else we wouldn't have the nice Green to see as we travel.

This is the last picture of our High Speed Train do some equipment testing.......The only thing i would say, they should have matched Coach Colors with the Engine Color, but it was probably a money issue?

He is carrying about 12 Coaches behind, so his Loco must have some pretty good Power in it.

We were able to stop and I spoke with the engineer for a quick 5 mins, we were told the manufacture is looking to make newer models of this one for USA, so they want to get some Run Characteristics to draw Data modules from. I know California is working on High Speed Trains in Central California now.

This sure looks futuristic compared to our layout in the Freight Engine. He says this thing moves fast, but he also says the Brakes take longer to stop.......Hmmmm.....

After our Chit Chat with Mystery Train, we are on the move making up some time........I really enjoy this trip, it is wonderful Scenery thru this area. Makes you want to stop and go Camping and spelunking around.....Ok, I know, it's time to get back to the Grind,,,,,Work is ahead.......:'(

Oh boy, I look out way in the distant and see what looks like Snow Clouds ahead of us.

This is the first of 2 Wye's to the Refinery up in high Mountain area we are headed to, will pass this one and take the next one up further as it is a bit of more direct route to the Facility. Once we do get to the Refinery will drop off our Tankers and see if we have anything to pick up........Going to be cold up there........

Well it's time for me to take off to the Oral Surgeon and a Drilling and a Cutting we will go.......:eek:

See you all later and have a great weekend..........Thanks for dropping by folks......

Aurora to Montana Rail Trip with the UP Turbines! X

Evening all,

Well I survived the Oral Surgery for now, Tomorrow, well that's another day, but for now, I think I post some more Pics for you all.

Below we are easing our way ever North, and the Forest is beautiful as you could have it......Doing 40-70 where we can......

We pass one of my Favorite spots here, a beautiful Church next to a Lake, and the water is rushing down the canyon and we have lots of Water Spray. See a boat in the Lake behind......Lots of Weddings are held here, unfortunately but as life proceeds Funerals too!

Fantastic View of Lake and Rivers side by side as our Consist passes by.

See the Icy Peak in the back, and cool water Spray lower left as it parades down the Canyon Wall below.........

Here you can see Water, Mainline, and grand Highway all in one setting, but nicely apart from one another, but not too far apart.

I had to redo this Highway in several places do to some ground alignment in the area.

As for decisions between TS-12, Trainz Driver 2016, and the latest Trainz Tane New Era, I deleted Trainz Driver 2016 tonight, freeing up 13Gigs of HD space, and started downloading 3000+ missing Assets for New Era Prgm, as Southern 1850 Noted earlier, it's going to be arduous process, slow at best, accurate if I'm lucky with no hick ups.....

And I went thru my computer, and cleaned out all my duplicate Files too, why not, it's better now than later.

That's all for now, have a great weekend folks.

Aurora to Montana Rail Trip with the UP Turbines! XI Up the Cliff side.

Evening all,

I have been very busy migrating over TANE from TS-12, oh what Joy....It's only taken about 8 hrs or so to move and copy my routes, Scenery and CDP's to the new program and then go thru them, too see what works and what gets cut because it is to old or Faulty for TANE....

I've ended up with 401,000 assets, out of which I have 300 that need help, and I'll have to figure how to fix, once I get PEV's tools setup for Tane.

I do like the way Content Mgr works, it just will take some time to learn the Ins/outs of how things are wired in this version. I definitely need to Port over to a Desktop when I can GPU wise........Poor old new Laptop tries but it is short on the performance. Ah, but will deal with it for now......LOL

OK so back to our trip here, I just too a Wye over to the other side of Mountain Valley, now we start the heavy uphill Grade to the Refinery that sits on top of this Range........

Well, as expected we are coming into Rain here, but up higher I would expect Snow, no problem, we have the power to get there.

We left the Main Line on the other side now, and the Rain Storm has come in over the Valley, Clouds have darkened.....

Oh no, look up the upper left Corner of the against some very tall mountains in the back you can see some of the Oil Refinery showing up. in the bottom left is our Power Plant to make electricity for this valley and the Industries that depend on it.

A much higher shot here, the Sun is setting, or is it the Moon Rising, I'm not sure, but you can see we have a ways to travel to reach the upper level to the Oil Fields.......I have 2 Wye's set up off the valley so we can come in North and Southern entries to Oil Fields.

Another deep view of the Canyon from high up across from where we are headed..........

I've got lot's of Textures too repair in TANE, and start reading a very interesting Tane Manual to learn how this 64 Bit monster really works.....I bid you all a blessed Sunday.

Thank's for dropping buy.......

Aurora to Montana Rail Trip with the UP Turbines! XII Up the Cliff side.

Good Day all,

A little off topic here, :D but finally we are getting some much needed Rain in Southern California, and possibly more over the next few days.

OK, A little back ground on this part of the Route, when I downloaded this about a Year ago I think, could be longer, this Route is huge, and I had to cut into less than Half, due to the fact my other Computer (older Laptop 6yrs ) couldn't handle it due to GPU issues.

This route was originally Single Main Line with lots of passing Sidings and Yards, so in cutting the Route down, I decided to add some small areas of interest along with connecting lines, did a lot changes in the Mountains here and there, so the line our Consist is driving up was made by me, it tool about 1 & 1/2 weeks to cut into the mountains for several miles, drop some bridges over the Gorges.

I thought for me, that it would be a little more interesting if I had some Lines coming off the Main and headed up through a different part of the Mountains. there are some hidden lines in the Cliffs too, and Portals too! that go into other hidden areas of my Merged Route....I'm thinking of downloading this route down again and connecting the other half by Portals, since I have read in the Forums some interesting Portal uses for Large Routes, and I'm sure this Laptop would enjoy the Modular over huge.

Now as we trek up the cliff side, take a look in the back and you'll see 2 sets of Main Lines that are even higher than we are here. Will travel thru some of that area.......I did some other Trick things in the back where we are at close edge to the end of the Base Board.

We head higher here, about 2% Grade if I recall, and a Tunnel is coming into to View. Lower area is a small Town below on the Main Route which has a long passing siding.

Downtown Buildings as seen from another hot 180 Degrees lots of High Mountains. I don't if you can see it, but Rain Drops have started up again.....This whole area wait 5 mins except in Winter and the Weather will change.

It is really pouring now, Icy Rain drops with lots of associated Thunder. As we pass through a deep Mountain pass below.

The Bridge is old and has been here a very long time, but it is well built, so we keep it. And the Tunnel matches nicely I think too. Well,let's just say I tried to match it as best I could? I hope you like.....

Green light ahead looks good as we are up to one heck of a Fall Storm...Snow Season is not far away now.

I'm still feeling my around TANE New Era, I have lots to learn, and 300 problems to fix once I get Pev's tools setup and learn how to work with them....All in good time.

Wishing you all a good week ahead, and thanks for coming by to my place.

Montana in Snow Storm continues......News from the TANE Camp !!!

Good day all, I have soooo busy with my New Installation of TANE. I have been playing learning the subtle and large differences between it and TS-12, as well as downloading and updating 1000's of affected (Faulty) or missing ASSETS.

My mother told me there would be days/weeks like this......:'(

That's OK because from what I've seen with TANE and in the fact that it is faster and more resilient than other versions of Trainz. 64 Bit over 32 bit.

:D For example I downloaded a Route from someone who made it from Trans Dem, or similar, if I recall, as I downloaded lots of routes to check out TANE's ability to handle increasingly larger Routes, and this one is from New Mexico to Colorado, approximately 130 miles and one heck of lot of Tiles (baseboards). I couldn't do this in TS-12, it would slow the program down to unacceptable frame rates, or the Program would freeze or Crash depending on what I was doing, during Surveyor or Session operations.

That's why I also decided to remove TS-12 program now, and will only use TANE, yes it has it's issues, I'm fully aware of, I accept that as I've seen much improvement since it was first released. Nothing is perfect, let alone we do not live in a perfect World as well.

I started this Laptop with 1 Gig of Hard Drive Space, I got down to 450 Gig, with 3 different Trainz Programs on this Laptop, after much trials and error checking, I decided TANE was my best route.;)

Now after clearing 2 of them out and the Backup files, I have 583 Gigs space much better than what it was. And it is going to take all day to do my latest Asset update with 364K of Assets out of 403 Assets total inventory.....Lord what have I gotten myself into???

Like to add, I really like TANE's new Content Manager, it is very fast and efficient in the way they have it constructed to work.

There is another element of surprise I found last night, some of Routes I came across on the DLS were only able to be used on Trainz Driver 2,, I found some versions that will work in TANE and I'm ecstatic, because I can reproduce what I did on Merges that I started on IPAD 2 years ago and IPAD version due to Memory and HD space is quite limited, so yesterday was a bonus day for me........

:sleep: Now I just need to Bone up on Tane and start reading the Manual that came with it, YUP the geek that I am has to Read the HOW TO MANUAL too and try to wing it 100%, the old saying what you don't know can hurt you in the long room, as in go back and fix thing that if done right to start with!

Have been reading the TANE NEW ERA / KICK STARTER in our forum which has a wealth of information for me to Glean from.

So there you have it, now back to our Trip North, we hit a heavy snow fall below, and we are much closer to Oil Fields with our Tankers.

View out the top of the divide there is nice Lake below.

The highest Range of the Mountains in the back corner there, is where we are headed.

Sorry I don't have more pictures but I need to get these Assets squared out the Gate than prolong my issues with a new Version.
I'll post more out of TANE once I figure how to do Screen shots and where they are stored?

Thanks for dropping by folks.

We had a Tane Quake today

Yup we had a TANE Quake today, and there's more,,,,,OMG my tracks are headed Sky Bound :'(......

I don't know what caused this one, probably when I added some Base Boards a few weeks ago, I must have busted something, then I ported this Layout from TS-12 to TANE..

Now your seeing the first ever pictures, since it took me a while to find out where the heck TANE hides them :confused:.....Can I say I'm not impressed with that, but it is what it is, you take the good with the not so good.......:eek:

I was determined one way or another to have some Screen Shots from the new TANE program to share with you all.....

Now this is another new section of the layout you haven't seen, this is another Canyon Grade I dug out when I first got this route.....Our Tanker is going up 1.5% grade. I believe the area below is called Belton.

A view from the steep cliff as we climb up the hill. We are using some different power here as we had a Mechanical issue with the UP Turbines and we had to pull them off for repair.

We did pick up more Tankers on the way up so we added another Loco for Helper Service up this Grade. I really like the Water effects TANE gives me, or maybe I didn't have them set quite right in TS-12.....But looking down on the Water here I think it looks pretty good.

This area is really old that we are trans-versing, probably from the early 1900's as you see this tunnel is made out of Stone, rather than Concrete or Steel. When we exit, we come into a very narrow Canyon.

Not a lot of open area here, as we are right at the edge of this baseboard, now that Tane can support larger Routes, I might add some more Baseboards to smooth out the Terrain more.....However, I have a lot of Broken Assets to repair, and much to learn. So this will go back burner for now. I like the Sky in TANE too, it's way more realistic to me.

I heartedly do recommend TANE over TS-12, it's different, faster, and takes some getting used to, but that's on me to learn.

Thanks for coming by..........Will see what tomorrow brings........

High up in Montana on Belton Grade/ Cleaning up a mess I made still...LOL

Good afternoon all,

Been cleaning up my Routes that I imported to TANE and a whole bunch of ones that didn't port in so well from DLS I thought I would like......I also got Dragons Pass Ver 7 and whole bunch of dependencies to download after it's installed, but the Author noted that in the description so that's cool, so there's quite a story on Dragon's Pass.

http://novascotiatrainz.weebly.com/dragons-pass.html

Google it too, as there is quite a bit of related story's and pictures.

So I went thru last night and cleaned a lot of Dead Wood, imagine that, I've only had TANE for a week, and already got in the Grits with it! But I have to look at it this way, it will force me to learn some things on how TANE works with items. I'm up to the Challenge......I took PEV's tools completely out of my computer, and will redownload the latest ones and try to really learn ASSET X too. That is one heck of Program he made.....

Since I downloaded some routes I didn't or couldn't run in TS-12 I want to play with them a bit too, and see what Quirky things I run into with the TANE platform.:confused:

Now back to Belton Grade, we are getting ever higher in the Mountains here, We have just excited an Old Tunnel with a 65 car fully loaded Tanker Train. Had plenty of helper power in the back, both Loco's are Turbine Charged and put out lot's Traction for me.

Looking far down in the Valley on the right, you can see the River curving around the Canyon Wall as we creep along at 40 MPH.
7fcc1ae5f9fa6e0bec0db701ccb736e6.jpg

This is an old Tunnel, but was well built to stand the elements, we have a Green Light, so this is good, our Train is very heavy with Crude OIL. We are entering a very narrow Canyon in the back of the Mountains we just crossed under using this Tunnel.

Running an old Engine here,but it's reliable, just somewhat nosier than the newer ones I've ridden in the past. Whoever designed the Interior and rendered it, did a really nice job, some of the Rendered Locos, have White Paint on the inside and the brightness from all white kills the older eyes from reflection.

Inside the older Tunnel, you see some very heavy Timber Work here, I don't think this Tunnel will ever collapse short of bad Earthquake?

We got out of the Canyon and we are headed into another Tunnel coming up. All Green ahead here, thanks to an awesome Dispatcher!

Sorry I took another closeby picture, as I not used to TANE controls yet, I wasn't sure how it would come out, since I haven't been up in this part of the Route since last year, that was before I merged Harbor Master Route into this one.

As for the Snow Storm we had yesterday up here, it was to warm and the Snow melted up here as soon as it touched the Ground, however it's been fairly dry up here, so we appreciate whatever form of Moisture from the Storms we get.

Have a good evening/day Etc....Thanks for coming buy...

Last edited:
Lol, that cab interior has been around since the original Trainz was released way back in 2002. I know because I have the original game, and both that locomotive and its interior are in it. Shots are looking good in TANE, you'll have a lot of fun playing around with it.

Tane and Various Routes for today, the cleanup continues.

Good evening all,

Well I had fun last night and today, our Cable Box was on the Fritz, so I had to replace it today, like anything else, you've had for a long time, like about 8years, the software changes so it was fun re-programing all our Shows we watch! But like a new computer, it's a lot faster than the old one ever was.

Now Mr's Bleu is happy, and now I'm happy too!

Now to Trainz, I sure created a mess for myself, but I got busy and started going through the 50 some routes, about 15 of them didn't make it into TANE OK, all I got was a bright Blue or White Sky, and not Tiles. As for the others, I got rid of about 20 or so and deleted them. The Routes I did keep will act as Brain stimulus in making more interesting routes in the Future hopefully.

Port Ogden and Dragons Pass and some European Routes, Mosli,are very interesting, so I want to play with them so more to see how a Ride over there.

So I took a few Screen Shots here and there.

The one below is up in the Highest Valley in Montana Passes, we are headed to another Tunnel as we go thru major passes and Meadows here.

This is Dragons Pass I believe, amazing route for sure. It well detailed and not boring in any stretch of the imagination.

Power plant on Port Ogden Route a great route to play in.

Coming thru another another Narrow pass on my Route.

Very nice view of the mountain ledge, with blue waters below and great Snow Capped Peaks in the background.

We continue thru a much newer Tunnel here, different than the Timber supported one last night.

Now some thoughts on Tane, I like the speed and precaching it does when loading routes.

I don't like the Hazy look when you get up mid range looking at the Route, if your done close to the floor or Track level it is not too bad, now if your in the Stratosphere, it get quite clear, so there is a low mid point where lots of things are fuzzy looking. Guess I'll get used to it for now.......

I need to really learn how the Color wheel works on the Environment settings, however now I see how others got some interesting Sky and background shots off there routes.

So far Tane has been stable for me, no crashes since I removed TS-12 and Trainz Driver 2016.

When I first installed Tane last week, I had about 340 Faulty assets, now since I added several routes and my Inventory, I'm the proud owner of 1301 Faulty assets. But I think a bulk of it is Version not supported by TANE.

That's about it for today, thanks for dropping by.

Lol, that cab interior has been around since the original Trainz was released way back in 2002. I know because I have the original game, and both that locomotive and its interior are in it. Shots are looking good in TANE, you'll have a lot of fun playing around with it.

Yes Sir I will, I went on several Routes tonight, weeding out the one's that didn't appeal and the ones that wouldn't work or showed corrupted. I really enjoy going on other folks routes and seeing what they make, how they made their landscape etc.

Port Ogden Map / and Bridges need fixing on my Route in Tane

Good Thursday Day all,

Good news on the Rain Front for us in California and all the way up the Pacific Coast States, I'm happy to report, we have Rain in Northern part of Ca, Ore, Wash, and 2 storms are headed our way, one will bring heavy much needed Rain to the area. We may get some mud flows in our burn areas, but the rain is much more needed.:D

Ok now on to TANE, recall I said 2 of the Routes I downloaded I liked a lot, Port Ogden and Dragons Pass, and various others that are not as large or comprehensive. Below is map of PORT OGDEN, interesting I can't get TANE to print a map at this height, I had to do a WIN10 Screen Print, I have to post this in the Tane Thread and see why, or if I'm doing something wrong...Strange :confused:

One of the things I notice with this map, and it may have been a Dem Map, I don't really know for sure, they have huge amount of Tiles that are extra and probably could be removed. But it may be they left as it is for later expansion?....More tiles more resource use on Computer? I might Clone the Route and then clip out the excess later when I'm not busy.

I fixed 150 missing Assets total last night, just needed to download them, but I have a huge amount of Unknowns, and so far haven't been able to locate the source.......I'll probably post some in the Main Threads to see if anyone is familiar with them? Definitely a WIP, and I am ok with that, normal for new Routes and new Version of Trainz.;)

This is my Route, and we just came out of our 3rd tunnel to overlook a huge Canyon as we head north.

Snow capped Mountains to the Right.........

TANE TO Houston! We have a problem here, our bridge footings are too short, what the Hey, I guess something is different in TANE, I'll have to replace these bridges out and go thru and check all the rest on my route........? :'(

We are headed back into the Valley now, I think this area is Coram and it looks over on the left I experienced another TANE QUAKE...Tracks are sticking up at a 45 degree angle.......Well I we wouldn't want to run out of Repairs and maintenance we'd be out of a SIM job.......Better call all this in to Dispatch......:hehe:

But beyond that we have a vista view of the area, and if you look carefully, I have another MAIN LINE in Mountains on the other side, look for the Trestle Bridge all the way straight across from here in the upper left corner, we are headed over that way later on.

Something I've been noticing even though my GPU is builtin on this laptop, I can see we have a much better long distance view with TANE I could never get this in TS-12, it would be cut off severely, so this really shows a truer representation of how my Route looks as you view from a much higher elevation.....I think it is pretty cool, I hope you like too? Sorry about the Broken items here, I'm sure I'll find some more where I haven't run trains yet.....I have several small merges where we haven't been yet.

WATCH OUT FOR APPROACHING RAIN DROPS IF YOU LIVE IN CALIFORNIA it's a rare site for sure.

Have a good day Folks, and thanks for coming by to see me.

The hazy look can be adjusted by adjusting the fog slider. (menu>edit environment>clock tab.) Click a green dot and the fog slider becomes movable. Add/subtract to suit taste. Doing this for all dots can give various fog affects around the clock giving more realistic fog times. IE: heavy at sunrise, fades out by mid morning, clear till dusk, slowly fades in till sunup.... Also, these dots can be added/deleted/moved giving more flexiblility in how this haze comes and goes. Quite the fascinatiog tool IMHO.

The hazy look can be adjusted by adjusting the fog slider. (menu>edit environment>clock tab.) Click a green dot and the fog slider becomes movable. Add/subtract to suit taste. Doing this for all dots can give various fog affects around the clock giving more realistic fog times. IE: heavy at sunrise, fades out by mid morning, clear till dusk, slowly fades in till sunup.... Also, these dots can be added/deleted/moved giving more flexibility in how this haze comes and goes. Quite the fascinating tool IMHO.

And that's why I appreciate the comments here, I was just trying to get rid of it period, but then that's not weather anymore, sounds good, I'll increase the Fog and Haze early morning late afternoon Etc, That should give a good balance and put some more realism into the times of day I operate.

Much oblige for the help maruffijd..... drop in here anytime, your always welcome.

TANE Quake strikes again......grrrrrrr!

Good Friday morning, been busy removing some more Routes that I won't use in TANE, and I was able to download another 300-400 Assets that were missing. Downloaded new files for Asset X and other PEV Tools, got them installed, but I need to learn how to use them with TANE.

A nice picture of the refinery, however if you look carefully, there is Ground Fracture between the OIL Tanks in middle of picture.....Ain't running no trains tonight that's for sure......Grrrrrrr.

Now we take a closer look and we have one hell of a Fracture, repairable yes, time to repair, well that remains to be seen?

ApparentlyI did something wrong, I haven't been in this area of the Layout in a long time, so who knows.....:'(

Other end of the Oil Refinery here is another end of the Refinery.

Another slightly depressed line here to level out and color in.......

This is an over map of the area that needs repair, so will focus on this, we have some Tracks down in the Valley that need fixing too.

SO I intend to get these areas repaired and then will run some more trains, Sorry I didn't have the pictures I intended to have tonight, but I thought it was important to show what can happen sometimes in your route.

Looks like a lot of Rain is coming our way tonight, and that's a very good thing,,, we need the water after all the fires.

Drive Safely out there and see you tomorrow sometime?

Back