Missing Assets - Locating in Route?

RailPilgrim

Wannabe Driver
Is there any way for Surveyor to indicate where the missing asset should be?

I have downloaded a TRS2004 route from the DLS and fixed it to show in TANE however it is missing one dependent asset (NZR UBW Flat Wagon kuid:44640:15008). I have tracked this asset down via a 2008 post in the forums. I have found a website with the asset showing, but there is a MIME file (or something) missing on the server that is preventing the download.

So at least I know what the missing piece is/should be. This brings 2 questions to mind.

1. Given that TRAINZ knows what goes where for each route, is there any way (or tool) known that can locate these missing items within the route in Surveyor so a replacement can be set in the right spot?

2. If I am unable to download the CDP file, does anyone know of a suitable replacement I could use. The closest I can locate is CR NG Flat Top Wagon - NR <KUID:103919:102184>. (3'6" NG 32' long) Don't know how long the NZR flat is.

The route I am using is Tablelands 2004 <KUID2:96544:130101:1> as Cairns is where I came from and grew up around these tracks and places.

Thanks for any help anyone can give.

I have found a website with the asset showing, but there is a MIME file (or something) missing on the server that is preventing the download.

That seems like you are left-clicking a link.

Instead, right click the link and select the 'Download' or 'Save as' option.

Last edited:
Already tried this too. Gives error - UBW Class Boggie Flat Wagon_cdp couldn't be downloaded. (with options to retry/cancel or view downloads) using IE11 and Chrome just gives 'Failed-No File'.

Given the age of this asset, it is possible that the CDP file has been removed even thought though the page is still up.
The error is -
[h=2]HTTP Error 404.3 - Not Found[/h][h=3]The page you are requesting cannot be served because of the extension configuration. If the page is a script, add a handler. If the file should be downloaded, add a MIME map.[/h]
So this leaves me to wonder where I should place the other Flat that I found because if I delete missing assets then I have no reference. Would it be possible to load the CR NG Flat and then edit it to change its KUID so that it would be at the right place?

That's what I'd do, clone another wagon and give it the missing ones kuid, then at least you have something you can see to replace with something similar.
When cloning and changing another users kuid do not commit but use import Content folder, commit will fail with a not authorised or similar, import the folder will install it.

Edit: Tried the wayback machine, in case its archived, some downloads still work some are still producing the error, guess the downloads have been a bit screwed for some time.

Edit2: Found a link on the wayback machine that works. http://web.archive.org/web/20100523...ilwaysold/cdps/UBW Class Bogie Flat Wagon.cdp

Bogie needs fixing, I jast ran it through AssetX which sorted it.

Last edited:
Thanks Malc.
I now have the cdp and am off to fix the bogies and a few other dependents for the route that require a bit of TLC to get it working in TANE.

Back