Questions about multiplayer

CaseyTheJones

I haven't played any multiplayer sessions yet but am interested in how they work and would like to try one. I figure it would be best to know some basics instead of jumping in and embarrassing myself or ruining someones session with lack of knowledge. I would like to start small so I can learn. My only experience is actual operating sessions in an HO scale model railroad club over 20 years ago.

- How do players communicate? Headphones, chat, both?

- How many players are allowed in a session?

- Are there groups or clubs that have regular sessions?

- Are players assigned roles/tasks or multiple roles/tasks by a host or is it a "free for all"?

- I have noticed hosted multiplayer sessions from time to time in the TANE menu. What specifically happens when I click on one as far as the steps to join?

I'm basically looking for a heads-up from those who have played multiplayer or regularly participate in multiplayer as to what I should know to be best prepared. I'm just interested in having some realistic fun with others so any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

You probably want to have a look in the Multiplayer Talk forum re sessions. In terms of how many that's set by the session creator and the creator also chooses what method is being used for the communication (quite often it's TeamSpeak).

In terms of the joining it's very similar to loading a non-multiplayer session apart from the fact that you will be either given a specific train or you would need to choose one from memory once the session loads.

Shane

Shane

Back