Raven Pass Railroad

SPfan123

This is my first serious railroad. Its a fictional route and so far has only 1 of 3 major yards that I'm going build. It may not be the best route because I'm only 14 and I'm still learning all the tools. Here are some older pictures of it. Some parts have changed on it. I will post updates from time to time. When It's done it will be released. I'm looking for more ideas for industries on the route and would love for some suggestions. Tell me what you guys think!

Screen%20Shot%202016-04-30%20at%208.48.49%20AM_zpsc88fghgt.png

Screen%20Shot%202016-04-30%20at%208.46.49%20AM_zpsj37fy94t.png

Screen%20Shot%202016-04-30%20at%208.48.52%20AM_zpsil0vla9v.png

Screen%20Shot%202016-04-23%20at%208.20.22%20AM_zpst2jfxfxs.png

Screen%20Shot%202016-04-23%20at%208.20.15%20AM_zpsnebyt9hc.png

Screen%20Shot%202016-04-11%20at%203.39.08%20PM_zps7vdvjfsv.png

Screen%20Shot%202016-04-10%20at%205.24.42%20PM_zpscqaot6za.png

Screen%20Shot%202016-04-11%20at%203.38.10%20PM_zps86ffz5ml.png

Screen%20Shot%202016-04-11%20at%203.37.42%20PM_zpsc5ouf7s0.png

Screen%20Shot%202016-03-26%20at%202.30.58%20PM_zpsiwn8m62i.png

:)Everything looks great,

:cool:This is how I started out too, however I also downloaded other folks work to play around with and got some great ideas. I like your scenery, colors and trees work well together, I did notice on some of your mountains they had some rather sharp points, you may want to smooth those out a little, not a lot, just a little....... but only if you like that, remember the view is in the eye of the beholder, if you like it that way? then by all means leave it as is!

Also when you lay your tracks out, think in your mind, do they work, is the work flow, direction of travel, make sense for realistic Railroad operations. Think about how you want your rails to run?

How do the tracks run in your part of country? Do they make sense, would you have done something different, for example, I live in So Calif, USA, I have several Rail Companies that cross my area, and amazing amount of Spur lines, industrial leads, etc, and I use Google maps to see how these lines are layed out for industry, some are closed now, for me, and everyone is different, I like unusual switching leads, that make me think how I can accomplish commodity deliveries to different types of Businesses within the Track patterns I've laid out. And of course there is always room for improvement.

In some of the routes I've downloaded, I have found that particular persons will like long main line or mountainous runs, with few switching possibilities, I personally like little of everything to play with, like say a nice size refinery, or Ocean Pier to have fun with as well as a good length of main line running.

:udrool:There are some fantastic Route builders in this community, and for myself, I have learned so much from them, I hope you'll see some of the amazing layouts they have made.:mop:

Couple of questions, I see you used Trainz for Ipad, is that where you started out with Trainz?

And lastly, I see SP in your name, are you a fan of Southern Pacific RR co?

Keep up the good work.:)

I started out on trainz drivers edition on a PC. Then the computer broke andi totally forgot about the game. A few years later I found the crappy trainz mac. The first one. I then forgot about the game after a few months. I found out they made a second one. I played it on our mac mini but thn the computer slowed down. By then I had mu oen computer and downloaded ts mac 2. I broke it on accident though and bought TANE. Now I'm hear

Good Lord my man, you've been through Trainz hell and back. Sounds like you're on the right side of the tracks now young man. Believe it or not there's sometimes when I'm working in the game and I do so much cleanup or fix in the assets that I get bored and I need to get away from it for a little while then I miss it and I can't wait to get back to it, cause i'll have dreamed up some half backed ideas, can't wait to to try them out, even if they don't work... guess you could say nothing ventured nothing gained no pain no gain.

I guess my mind is strange that way I need to be busy but not busy for too long because then I'll get bored and want to do something else crazy huh?

Thanks for the great pictures before you went to school and please continue to put up pictures I think a picture is worth a thousand words and it really gives an idea of what you're trying to do as you share your story.I think we all enjoy what you're doing and it helps us and gives us some thoughts , perspective on what maybe we want to do thanks for sharing!

Last edited:
Thanks. I was about 8 or 9 when I got the first trainz and I new nothing. I remember some of the routes from the first game. It was country, city USA, an the Swiss alps or something

Trains Games and Computers

:) Believe it or not, I'm a gamer from the Pin Ball era, simple and 25cents a game, from that point on I got into Computers, immersed in the Graphics, played space games, and eventually went to MMP Modern War for about 5yrs, problem was it just took to much of my time! Finally in Nov 2014 I left Modern War, and found quit by accident on my IPAD Trainz Driver2 and never looked back, why you ask? Well, I grew up with trains, as toddler, my first train set was all Wood, imagine that! Then at the age of 8 my Dad gave me my first HO electric Train set, which I still have, however with health issues, Trainz is a much better way for me to go, plus I found this great forum to play in.

:) As a kid growing up, Railroad Tracks were 2 blocks away from my house, Southern Pacific, 1200-1500 and Black Widows F9's I think would pass buy and do there switching, etc, and I had so much fun watching them, waving to the engineers, yes I confess, I walked on the tracks too! Dummy me, lucky I never got ran over or mangled by the train.

:D I too downloaded City and Country and Swiss Alps or Aurora by Infrared Bob, for now I have several routes downloaded, the newest being Donner's Pass (payware) from TrainzItalia site, and several Narrow Gauge Routes too, like Himalaya, I'm learning about Narrow Gauge and find them fascinating to play with along with normal Gauge routes, even though Trainz has it's issues, especially Tane, which I won't touch for another 2 yrs, why you ask?

:cool: Well being a seasoned computer veteran from the 70's and dealing with lots of Corporate pain from Bill Gates and Windows, I know better! Personally for me after DOS 2.0 & Win 1.0 version, I learned not to buy Software brands new, as a lot of times it wasn't ready for Prime Time. I think this is great Game Sim to play around with, and you'll notice there are others who don't play above TS-09 or TS-10 Version because they have gotten good with that version and don't experience the issues above theirs....

:'( I had my experiences with IPAD's limited memory and storage issues, :hehe: but I learned how to make it work ok. It worked great for when I travel on biz trips, and if visit family and such, my laptop with TS-12 works fantastic except with built in Video card on motherboard has it's limits :p, running WIN-10 OS,,,,but again, I have after 7 months, I figured out how to run my Laptop lean and get the best performance I can out of TS-12. So there you have it.

:cool: Feel free to ask questions.

Last edited:
Cool. When I got trainz mac (1), I hated it so muh that I wanted a PC for railworks. My parents ended up getting me something way better than a PC. It was a MacBook air

I like how your railway is shaping up! ^^
Keep up the good work :)
PS: I like your choice with the Florida East Coast (FEC) train! ^^ I like the colors of it.

Edit: what tracks are you using? They look impressive.

Thanks. The route doesn't have a main railroad. I foun the locomotive on jointed rails and when I download it I found out that it was a 2 pack. I'm using the jointed rails realistic track

Thanks. The route doesn't have a main railroad. I found the locomotive on jointed rails and when I download it I found out that it was a 2 pack. I'm using the jointed rails realistic track

I like that XD keeping it as open as possible ^^
And ok, thanks! :3

Looks nice. Can I see more pictures of it? Also where did u get those reefers on the train. I can't zoom in. They might be boxcars or something. I can't tell but your route looks pretty nice

Ok,,,I'm sorry it took me a while to find this train, I've downloaded tons of routes, deleted routes, and if memory serves me correct this came out of Cattaraugus Creek & Lake Erie route on DSL, however I had a problem with the NYC Trains, with a missing file part of GSL file, which works for the train I think in a car mgmt system,,,, So what i did for you, is give you the Kuid for the different trains, but what you need to do is use the individual list ( I provide list 1 & 2) and make your own train up as your Kuid. So the other photos of my Content Mgr, will show you the list of cars in the train..

Hope this helps out. I agree they are cool cars.

https://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs...=yhs-mozilla-005&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-005

https://imageshack.com/i/poqQwrwVp

https://imageshack.com/i/pmq2gW6ep

https://imageshack.com/i/pl66cxkLj

Thanks. I will have to get them. I will also be real easing more updates soon of raven pass. Finals are coming up so I can't update that often

Noooo problem,,,, school is number one priority, we can wait for ya. You do good in school, you'll never be sorry. I'll back that up by my 50 yrs of work. Have great day.....

Back