Invisible Couplers

I have a few train cars from jointed rail that have invisible couplers. I don't know what the problem is and was wondering if anyone has the same problem or if anyone knows how to fix it.

I would show a picture but I don't know how to post one

Posting a picture is a case of uploading it to a photo-sharing site or somewhere like Host then Post then using the 'picture' tool in the reply toolbar where the address to the image (which the site you upload to will give you) can be entered for the image to show here.

Shane

I have a few train cars from jointed rail that have invisible couplers. I don't know what the problem is and was wondering if anyone has the same problem or if anyone knows how to fix it.

A picture of an invisible coupler? :)
Mick

If you can post any error messages (copy and paste) them if there are any along with the KUIDs of the specific assets, this can b helpful too.

John

I had a similar problem with all the Autoracks I have from kuid2:56063:nnnnn have missing bogies. The problem and the self help solution are in the forums Here

These used to work fine in TS12 but not in TANE. From what I can figure out so far it is the authors duty to upgrade these assets to TANE compatibility, or you have to fix them yourself using an example like the one in the link above. My best guess is that if you fix it you should increment the KUID revision number to some large number like 9999 so that if the author comes around and fixes it later then your fix wont get over written, or something to that effect. I did not fix the Autoracks that were missing the boogies, I just went to Jointed Rail and downloaded a whole set of Autoracks that work with TANE and moved on.

Here is a picture of one of the assets that is still not fixed in TANE;

Autorack_Invisible_Boogies_1.jpg

Christopher24

From what I can figure out so far it is the authors duty to upgrade these assets to TANE compatibility

Bad choice of words. Speaking for my fellow authors and creators of Trainz content, we make the content and release it for no charge. There is nowhere that 'DUTY' can be found in our 'job description'. 'Good Will' is there, not 'Duty'

If you have paid for it, cease using it, and ask for your money back, otherwise ask nicely.

Peter

Christopher24

Bad choice of words. Speaking for my fellow authors and creators of Trainz content, we make the content and release it for no charge. There is nowhere that 'DUTY' can be found in our 'job description'. 'Good Will' is there, not 'Duty'

If you have paid for it, cease using it, and ask for your money back, otherwise ask nicely.

Peter

Ok if you don't like that 'word' that I used. how about 'privilege'... ... All I was saying is that it's the creators asset and we should not mess with it...

Last edited:
Back