Screenshot of The Week: April 24 to May 1 2016 (Behind The Scenes)

nicky9499

SSoTW Bot
Greetings.

Like the well-oiled machines they're comprised of, railroads need a lot of work to keep them running smoothly - most of which is unseen by the average joe. This week's theme is Behind The Scenes. Please send your theme suggestions for subsequent competitions via email or Skype by clicking on the little icons below my username.

One screenshot allowed per entrant. Screenshots must adhere to the theme and the Trainz Forum Code of Conduct.

Submission closes on May 1 at 12:00 noon UTC/GMT/Zulu time.

Cheerio,
Nicholas

A group of Union Pacific locomotives sits in a small locomotive shop. Buried in the mess is the Rio Grande 1989 heritage locomotive.

1071458286f0c6214bf768fba5da0d75.jpg

Matt

Emptying the firebox in the ash pit at Valley-Junction, Quebec (Canada) by June 25th 1959. The ash drops in one of the two carts which are rolling on a small track, then it is lifted up with the hoist and dumped into a flatcar next to the pit.
c1cdf54226a06e2208b4f6f5f8696155.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Rail4Pete

I hope that I can get this entry in on time.
The Midnight to eight Maintenance shift scrubs down the early morning Westbound Congressional in preparation for the 8 AM departure from the Wolf Hill Station.

bf8315944514e813340ba4ed48677bc5.jpg

Last edited:
The Boscarne Shuffle!

Boscarne Junction, Cornwall was an important goods interchange for Great Western Railway (GWR) and London & South Western Railway (LSWR), later Southern Railway (SR).

China Clay was brought from Wenford Clay Dries to Fowey Docks across lines belonging to the two companies.

LSWR/SR took the china clay trains from Wenford to Boscarne Junction and exchanged them for empties bought by GWR back from Fowey Docks.

However, with locomotives and brake vans (AKA cabooses in some parts of the world) needing to change both trains and ends the shunting involved must have been more like some sort of crazy dance.

Also, it would not be without some time pressure because, as all this shunting happened behind the scenes, passenger trains might be needing to enter from any of the three single track directions: to/from Wadebridge (LSWR/SR with GWR rights) and Padstow (LSWR/SR) in the distance, to/from Bodmin (GWR), Bodmin Road (on the Paddington to Penzance main line) and beyond off to bottom left (across a bridge across the Camel River) and to/from Bodmin North (LSWR/SR) and Wenford/Wenfordbridge off to bottom right.

Enjoy!

Peter.

Boscarne%20Shuffle.jpg

Submissions are now closed. There are 6 entries for this round so up to 1 vote is allowed. Voting will be from now until May 8, 1200nn UTC. Please post your votes below.

Hello from France !

rail4pete, because a good job in détails of a steam depot... and in order to give a little bit more work for Niccky !!!

Friendly, Marc

I do feel a little gulity not voting for the shot with GWR there, as GWR was the company that used to serve me, not to mention I have a passion, but oh Pete's image there... it's too good.

Back