Experiences with track condition?

-Basti-

Hey guys,

its fun to see trains driving at higher speed while they wiggle and swing as they are going to derail.
But... it's not really realistic.

So far I found no option to change the track condition globally,
on an older route I am working on (started before T:ANE) i don't want to apply track condition piece by piece, because it would take ages... (it's a larger route).

So what's your procedure to do this quicker?

Some time ago i've read that it's possible to set a default condition value to a track-spline asset? What's the tag? The wiki says nothing about that.

Thank you

Sebastian

I did some experiment long time ago around this problem. As far as I remember the only workaround was to clone affected tracks, set condition to 100% and replace them.
Not really a solution to solve the problem but a way to stop Trainz behave like a third world train simulator.

Tag in config.txt since 2.9 is
track-condition
Values are 0.01 to 1 (1% - 100%)

Last edited:
I did some experiment long time ago around this problem. As far as I remember the only workaround was to clone affected tracks, set condition to 100% and replace them.
Not really a solution to solve the problem but a way to stop Trainz behave like a third world train simulator.

Tag in config.txt since 2.9 is
track-condition
Values are 0.01 to 1 (1% - 100%)

Well put! You'd think the developers would have thought beyond the individual click and made an apply-to-all option somewhere, or at least the ability to set a track condition value on one piece and apply through the bulk-update utility.

I did exactly the same and have an array of not-so-good rusty and dilapidated tracks as well as pristine smooth ones. It's interesting watching boxcars and hoppers bounce along wildly on very bad track. I use that for my old branch lines, sidings, and other barely-used locations.

Back