Blank Signals, Broken AI trains, and Funky Triggers

Bluewater

Hello all,

I'm having some pretty nasty issues with my copy of TS12. For starters, whilst testing my updated Tidewater Point Rail, originally made by TPR, I had set up a crossing with ryanstrains crossings and the ATLS system, however even on the four trigger system the crossing does not deactivate at the proper moment. The train hits the first trigger, activating the crossing. Then, the train hits the second trigger (right next to the crossing, supposed to deactivate the crossing for trains moving the opposite direction) and the cross deactivates. Then the other two triggers do nothing. I'm not sure what's happening here.

Second, I am using the G-Style signals (I believe also made my Ryanstrains). Most of them appear to have indications on them but once Driver starts, all single-head signals go blank. All of the double-headers show indications. The same goes for JR's dwarf Safetran signal, except this doesn't show an indication in either surveyor or driver. I've tried replacing signals, using different signals, etc. Nothing seems to work.

Third (and final), I tried to use AI trains for the double-track main down near the port and river. I set up portals on both ends to run thru-trains. However, the trains stop at signals and do not continue, despite the fact that there are no obstructions in their path and they have instructions to the other portal. At one point, one of the trains moved forward to the next signal, but it stopped and did not move again. The first train didn't move at all.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to fix this? I'm not sure where to even begin to go about diagnostics.

Thanks,

-Bluewater

As for the triggers, are they all actually set to 4 trigger mode instead of 2 trigger mode? Are they all on the right channel?

Signals might need to see if they have the correct Signal library script (Ryanstrains may need to ID the correct one, Dunno which one is the correct one for TS12, my TS12 has a bit of dust growing on it.)

Keep in mind AI also means Artificial Idiots and you might have to add a track mark or two to get then past the "brain flush" (works for me usually). Hopefully others will give you their tips for nudging the AI into working

As for the triggers, are they all actually set to 4 trigger mode instead of 2 trigger mode? Are they all on the right channel?

Signals might need to see if they have the correct Signal library script (Ryanstrains may need to ID the correct one, Dunno which one is the correct one for TS12, my TS12 has a bit of dust growing on it.)

Keep in mind AI also means Artificial Idiots and you might have to add a track mark or two to get then past the "brain flush" (works for me usually). Hopefully others will give you their tips for nudging the AI into working

The triggers were set to the two trigger initially and then I switched it. Appears to have worked better than before, but I need to do further testing to be sure. None of my other crossings seemed to have that issue.

I haven't checked the signal libraries yet. I believe that the G-styles use a JR library, probably the same one the Safetrans use. I don't keep up much anymore with maintenance for stuff like that so I'm not sure if someone at JR released a new or updated library.

I haven't tried track marks before...sounds easy enough.

Thanks for the help,

-Bluewater

Back