Dave Snow's Cotton Belt Route

Ported into T:ANE:

cotton_belt3.jpg

Harold

Last edited:
This is another outstanding route by Dave. I love this one too but haven't ported it over yet. :D

John

Replacing the pofig bushes will cause a hangup in TS12.

All the other pofig assets replace easily.

Harold

Is this because of the high numbers?

I ran into that issue on one of my larger routes.

My method is to find all the pofig trees as dependencies, put them in the pick list, then going into the route and finding a blank area and using that as a replace asset spot. I'll grab a handful of assets, maybe 20 at a time, and replace all of those with assets that are similar looking. RMM's trees and bushes are a good match for most of them. The process can take a couple of days, depending upon the size of the route.

John

Is this because of the high numbers?

I ran into that issue on one of my larger routes.

My method is to find all the pofig trees as dependencies, put them in the pick list, then going into the route and finding a blank area and using that as a replace asset spot. I'll grab a handful of assets, maybe 20 at a time, and replace all of those with assets that are similar looking. RMM's trees and bushes are a good match for most of them. The process can take a couple of days, depending upon the size of the route.

John
The trees have higher counts than the bushes.

I just go into the route and replace the trees with other trees. I like the Auran Speedtrees because they are easy to find. Another favorite is the "City trees" for the same reason.

Use "Shrub 0#" for the bushes. Start with the trees and then do the bushes.

The Cotton Belt took about a half hour in TS12 and half hour in T:ANE. Just go along the tracks replacing trees.

Sometimes the author uses trees for bushes and have to go to the mesh view.

trees_conversion_ts12.jpg

Harold

I'll have to give that method a try as well especially if there are special cases such as trees as bushes. I will say the new Auran Treez are a heck of a lot better than the monsters they had for TS12.

John

Don't use "Tree Birch 02 Snow" as a replacement in TS12. The asset won't show up in T:ANE's Surveyor even though it shows up in CM.

I use Mcguirel's freeware deciduous trees on DLS for the broad-leafs. Think they look more North American. RMM's evergreens, willows and birches are really good.

Harold

Last edited:
I actually have two versions. One With Monorails [<kuid:101046:107155> Cotton Belt Route Ver 1303.9.3 TRS2019 Monorail] (version 13039.1 is the older version).

and one without Monorails [<kuid:101046:101643> Cotton Belt Route Ver 1303.9 TRS2019 NO Monorail]

Please understand. This route is highly detailed, and can only be played without stuttering on a high-end machine. It is over 100 miles long.

Back