The Illinois Railway Museum Route

Doing a quick update for BlackDiamond1964, he is making good progress on IRM Barn 2 (The Diesel Shop) here is where (besides yard 5 and Barn 9) you will find most of the diesels here (Keep an eye on JR for future Diesels to come to contribute to this project). This is also where the paint shop is located.

85566c230f22fd5cbcb2b8538449fa25.jpg

Doing another update for BDW1964, Barn 2 is almost complete plus the 3 other barns will receive a little update because I found out the reason behind the whole numbers above each barn door indicates by the first number to be the barn number and the second number to display the track number.

25e3d09b7d1f736dc6315a9b1b84ebe2.jpg

55bc3663a83159b079afa04c73595bcb.jpg

I am pleased to announce Trainboi1's first contribution towards my project and to start it off he has made me C&NW Pullman Sleeper "Floyd River" (Note it has ARN so it comes with 8 separate names for the car)

96e219df5738dee0bd96552eaf540467.png

Keep an eye out for contributions coming from Trainboi1 towards my vastly growing project.

Also BDW1964 has finished Barn 2. Barn 6 will be done next

3e2824a3a3f9e6d39671025d3c3b35b1.jpg

Last edited:
What's the configuration of Floyd River there? It looks similar to the Pullamn "Lake Series" sleeper Lake Ainslie we have at my local museum, which is a 10 section, 2 compartment, 1 drawing room sleeper.

What's the configuration of Floyd River there? It looks similar to the Pullamn "Lake Series" sleeper Lake Ainslie we have at my local museum, which is a 10 section, 2 compartment, 1 drawing room sleeper.

Floyd River has 10 open sections, one compartment and one drawing room.

IC MU Cars

The models for IC 1198 and 1380 are up - see thread in Freeware.

28e26356dc6badf08bb50a427031dea7.jpg

Thanks to Matt for the idea and all the help in modeling these!

(Image hosted at HostThenPost, may expire.)

Thanks PWieser for the help and contribution to my to my IRM project and these electrics look amazing. I know you would enjoy working on them. If you want to contribute anything else please let me know. :)

Barn 6 has been placed on the route plus Barns 9 and 3 have been updated. Plus BDW1964 is working on barns 7 and 8 right now, there should be an update tomorrow.

dd162018c05339ba657088ff1420a88f.jpg

fa56db4d8a6e5c1d7de317574b2807f5.jpg

Wow, that's nice to see the IRM in Trainz. Its been ages since I last been there. Can't wait to see it :)
no problem and I'm glad your looking forward to this as much as I am, the thing that makes IRM interesting is that railway museums in the USA don't have the ability to run all 3 types of motive power all at once, don't have the ability to accommodate mainline excursion trains and none in the USA have a collection of operating trolley buses, and IRM can do all 3 of those. Plus unlike most museums who focus on a small part of their collections and don't really want to expand their collection, IRM has the ability to do this due to its size so ever year there is always something new to see in their collection. All these proves that the Illinois Railway Museum provides a interesting operational challenge for Trainz.

Plus I have some news to announce PWieser is now going to do some more electrics that IRM has in their collection, so here is what PWieser is working on right now.

4c63926c3c953708253d34ff037e0251.jpg

After that he will be working on the Electroliner next (Since its about time to update from Lavadrvr1's old model)
ed529449b688b9c847f9d4bfd083b6bf.jpg

Not only he will be doing the electroliner in its north shore scheme, he will also be making it in its SEPTA Liberty Liner Look (which the other liner Preserved at the Rockhill Trolley Museum is currently preserved in this look) so that there will be examples of both version for people to use.
P5210182.JPG

Last edited:
Ive put my (rough) rendition of the metra f7 on the DLS just search "metra F7" hope it helps with the making of the route! I'll be making some more reskins for the route sometime.

-jack

Ive put my (rough) rendition of the metra f7 on the DLS just search "metra F7" hope it helps with the making of the route! I'll be making some more reskins for the route sometime.

-jack
Im sorry but I have to see photos of what Im going to download first? Plus some of the stuff your requesting has already been done such as the BN units. Plus last time someone sent a Metra Unit (You know who you are) it was a crapy paint shed reskin and the then the user was very rude towards me because it was a set up so the guy could attack me) so until I see some photos of that reskin Im not falling for this.

Back