HTF_SETH's Work

W7SlxLl.jpg

K74waun.jpg

PugMunU.jpg

Seth go into your Building pull out tab, go to the Spline button on Right side, look for Metropolis, Neighborhood, Large City, Etc,,,,,There is some different types of Splines to select for fast city building, what I would suggest, add a blank baseboard somewhere on your route, doesn't matter, then take the splines buildings and stretch them across blank baseboard. Use it as a blank area to put items down, like your own private work place....Delete the baseboard later when your done. Lots of Route builders will use blank baseboards to put certain items, textures etc to copy frequently used items so they don't have to look it up, and it's there so you can see how it looks on the board.....Hope this makes sense........

Seth go into your Building pull out tab, go to the Spline button on Right side, look for Metropolis, Neighborhood, Large City, Etc,,,,,There is some different types of Splines to select for fast city building, what I would suggest, add a blank baseboard somewhere on your route, doesn't matter, then take the splines buildings and stretch them across blank baseboard. Use it as a blank area to put items down, like your own private work place....Delete the baseboard later when your done. Lots of Route builders will use blank baseboards to put certain items, textures etc to copy frequently used items so they don't have to look it up, and it's there so you can see how it looks on the board.....Hope this makes sense........

hm smart, I do the same when I draw on the computer :p wonder why the ideal never dawned on me I'll make good use of it then! ^^

A picture of a CSX train passing westbound
LApIv55.jpg

Working on my first point of interest on this route, a small yard cut in three parts, the coal drop off section an steel coil pickup area and a very small engine maintenance station. This is just a small WIP so far.
nzsfD4K.jpg

;) Great SETH glad it'll work for you, as for your 3 parter new area, that's kind of how I do it,

I have an idea in my head from something I've seen or read about, and decide somewhere on the Route, or even add new baseboards for expansion, then build a small section of what I think I want, and after a day or two, it starts to take shape, like some of the other Route Builders have said and I think quite true we have an idea simple, complicated whatever, but we never quite know how it's going to turn out in real time modeling and that's OK!

That's what makes it fun, to see what your creation yields and be open to change, else you'll frustrate the bee jeebers out of yourself, you can't always have what you want.

:wave: Keep up the good work and keep those Screen Shots a coming.

;) Great SETH glad it'll work for you, as for your 3 parter new area, that's kind of how I do it,

I have an idea in my head from something I've seen or read about, and decide somewhere on the Route, or even add new baseboards for expansion, then build a small section of what I think I want, and after a day or two, it starts to take shape, like some of the other Route Builders have said and I think quite true we have an idea simple, complicated whatever, but we never quite know how it's going to turn out in real time modeling and that's OK!

That's what makes it fun, to see what your creation yields and be open to change, else you'll frustrate the bee jeebers out of yourself, you can't always have what you want.

:wave: Keep up the good work and keep those Screen Shots a coming.

Just like in real road railroading, it's Nealy impossible to factor everything mother nature has up her sleeves to slow down railroad building. I'll be fun to see it all take shape, I usually lay the terrain first..it made some interesting layouts and mini points of interests on my older routes, and forces me to make interesting track layouts at times hehe

I just can't wait to see how it'll all look like ^^

and thanks, I like your screenshots too. I just often don't have much to say

I can't wait to see what you create too, Tracks you laid out have some good curves.

Curious, what name Track is that your using?

Added and finished the engine maintenance yard, used for mainly smaller issues that may occur or refueling trains and housing for local engines.

an SD40-2 leaves the yard to pick up steel coil cars after it's maintenance check up
4iLT7mX.jpg

and a few other angles here :p
M5bcdM2.jpg

anUs3fa.jpg

Last edited:
Cell Phone is going to the Scrap Pile soon!

the track I'm using is actually a pack of track from Jointed Rail, it's freeware :)
http://jointedrail.com/product/high-detail-track/

Hey SETH, Thanks for the info on Track, I'll check it out, and like your new Yard completion PICS you posted today well done, scenery looks terrific.

My stupid Cell Phone Battery is dying and I find out my Phone itself is starting to paddle down river at alarming rate, only 2 yrs old and starting to fail! So I had to mess around today trying to find a replacement, fortunately between backed up files and what I could copy off it I'm good now, except the new replacement is 3-5 days out, inventory was sold out on the one I wanted........Guess I have to be patient HUH!

So I didn't get any chance to play on Kickstarter Route today, I'm shall we say Trainz deficient!

So where are r going next with your Route?

I just finished looking at this thread and you have certainly come a long with your route building. Nice job. In post #11 you stated that you improved the smoke. Would you explain how you did it? That smoke looks a lot better than the original. Thanks.

Hey SETH, Thanks for the info on Track, I'll check it out, and like your new Yard completion PICS you posted today well done, scenery looks terrific.

My stupid Cell Phone Battery is dying and I find out my Phone itself is starting to paddle down river at alarming rate, only 2 yrs old and starting to fail! So I had to mess around today trying to find a replacement, fortunately between backed up files and what I could copy off it I'm good now, except the new replacement is 3-5 days out, inventory was sold out on the one I wanted........Guess I have to be patient HUH!

So I didn't get any chance to play on Kickstarter Route today, I'm shall we say Trainz deficient!

So where are r going next with your Route?

aw no sorry to hear about your phone! That sucks.. my kindle fire quit suddenly after 4-6 years of use.
Well I been Trainz deficient too, gotten pulled in new games and personal projects heheh

Going to work on the second part of the yard, the steel coil pick up :)

I just finished looking at this thread and you have certainly come a long with your route building. Nice job. In post #11 you stated that you improved the smoke. Would you explain how you did it? That smoke looks a lot better than the original. Thanks.

Since I do not have the original train anymore, the best I can tell you is open a train with your preferred smoke and open the config file of the locomotive. The smoke section, depending on author, is usually on the bottom copy everything but the "attachment point", and "rate" lines.
(Usually attachment a.smoke0, and/or a.smoke1 are the main smoke effects of a locomotive, again depends on Author)
(The rate line is usually different depending on locomotive and keeps the sounds and puffs in sync best not to change them)

Then replace the everything else and save the changes :) There's a few trends on the forum that explains it better then me

I'm going to do a lot of smoke upgrades in the future because a great model with poor smoke can be a deal breaker for me, again that's me. Have fun experimenting ^^

Well, I gotten the second part of the yard mostly done.

I only have a few track buffers left, and a blank gray area that I don't know what to add to it so it'll feel complete.
Here's some pictures :)
d0uio7r.jpg

HjARnm0.jpg

and another shot :p
8x8eB3U.jpg

Last edited:
Hello SETH, looks great, I think add a couple of workers, and maybe some type of Trucks that transport Coil out of the Yard. And whatever Tools you'd expect to see around a place like this. Possible Forklift? Maybe some pieces of spare wood for the Coils? Hope that helps, others might have some better ideas, yard lighting?

Hello SETH, looks great, I think add a couple of workers, and maybe some type of Trucks that transport Coil out of the Yard. And whatever Tools you'd expect to see around a place like this. Possible Forklift? Maybe some pieces of spare wood for the Coils? Hope that helps, others might have some better ideas, yard lighting?

Yard lights? Do you know any good assets for yard lights? ^^
Updated the area with extra stuff and some of your suggestions :)

vmII0nm.jpg

fmNy2L2.jpg

jSnowak.jpg

OPpzdeY.jpg

SETH....Additions look great, as for Lights, I have to be honest here I'm not the best when it comes to lighting, Knowledge, but I did some looking around, and I see 2 possible lights for you to try, and your eyes will not deceive you.

Try "Light Small Wood" and "Light Parking" one has a different color of light contrast to the other.....Place one of each on the 2 corners of your facility, go into Night Mode time wise, and see which one you like best, delete one you don't and add maybe 2-3 just enough to give it light for night Loading's etc, also I know what else is needed, 1-2 Flatbed Semi Trucks to haul away Coil loads from the Cars, position them to your liking? Let me know how this works out, also maybe a small Diesel Fuel Tank or Propane Tank for the Forklifts, a the smallest propane Tank you can find.......And maybe a small Security Shed, Tiny, for a Guard in the Yard.......

Adding something more, possibly a Crate somewhere around the place with 2-4 Oil Barrels sitting, Oily Greasy like, It just seems to me it would right around this type of place?

Possibly some small weed growth near the Steel Roof Supports too.

Up to you of course.. whatever you think will work..

Oops...I just looked at your picture again, I see you have lights there already, did I misread something
?.......

Last edited:
SETH....Additions look great, as for Lights, I have to be honest here I'm not the best when it comes to lighting, Knowledge, but I did some looking around, and I see 2 possible lights for you to try, and your eyes will not deceive you.

Try "Light Small Wood" and "Light Parking" one has a different color of light contrast to the other.....Place one of each on the 2 corners of your facility, go into Night Mode time wise, and see which one you like best, delete one you don't and add maybe 2-3 just enough to give it light for night Loading's etc, also I know what else is needed, 1-2 Flatbed Semi Trucks to haul away Coil loads from the Cars, position them to your liking? Let me know how this works out, also maybe a small Diesel Fuel Tank or Propane Tank for the Forklifts, a the smallest propane Tank you can find.......And maybe a small Security Shed, Tiny, for a Guard in the Yard.......

Adding something more, possibly a Crate somewhere around the place with 2-4 Oil Barrels sitting, Oily Greasy like, It just seems to me it would right around this type of place?

Possibly some small weed growth near the Steel Roof Supports too.

Up to you of course.. whatever you think will work..

Oops...I just looked at your picture again, I see you have lights there already, did I misread something
?.......

All interesting ideals, something that will help A LOT ^^ thanks! cx

The lights? I added them after your suggestions but I do know some yards have lights in-between track. So yea. That's why I asked, sorry if I confused you,

Morning SETH, no worries on the Lights, I was going back and re reading your Post and Pics, and I thought, OMG, my eyes got worse, I missed those lights and they were there all the time, I had a good Chuckle on myself.:hehe:

:cool: Be interesting to see what add next to the area, it's looking really good from the start earlier in the week, keep up the good work.

:wave: I got to go and get some work down on my vehicle today so I'm taking Laptop with me to fix Asset Errors and do more imports,

:sleep: I got about 3-4 hrs downtime while I wait for some add on items I wanted to do since December, spending a day with TRAINZ, now that is quality time, oh and some good Coffee as a Chaser.

hello, sorry for not being here yesterday lacked motivation to get anything done :p

here's the shots of the coal drop off area :)
GfucB98.jpg

omzbeE7.jpg

mSyjeUS.jpg

some more work can be done but it's getting there ^^

Back