AI Brake and it's uses

I have an AI one mile long loaded coal train with 4 locos head end, and 2 more rear end ... that should be enough to stop a train on a -1.75% grade ... but it doesn't ... the AI train will slow down to 4 mph, and continue to slide through stop signals, for many miles

I tried increasing all the tags numerals in the AI Brake enginespec multiplied by 80x ... These rediculously large numerals still do not stop my 1 mile long train

What tags in the enginespec make an engine rediculously super powerful braking ?

I have tried adhesion, and all the rest of the tags, mulpitplying each numeral by 80x ... (as it takes 80 AI Brakes to stop my train)

I have modified BTFD's "SP Repeater Car" enginespec 80x the original numerals ... still the AI train continues to slide at 4 mph, even though the throttle is off, and the brakes are on full

Last edited:
I gave up on AI Brake, 80 of them provides no more added braking power to stop a 1 mile long train ... I hooked 30 locos to the train, and a 10 mph speedboard a good distance away, followed up by a 5 mph speedboard a couple hundred feet from the trackmarker ... still the train slides right on through with wheels locked up, skidding at 1-3mph ... the only way to stop the train to 0 mph is to manually rapidly hit the A once to apply Handbrake, then A again to release handbrake ... AI is just totally flawed

What tags in the enginespec config file can make a train with ridiculously super powerful brakes ?

Last edited:
I am using it in AI Operated trains in TRS2006, and using DCC

How can I apply added breakage on a railcar or loco in it's config file

What tag/numeral makes a enginespec superman braking power?

Last edited:
I had the problem were a heavy tonnage train would not stop on steep grades. Try the enginespec I have placed on the Download Station. Easy to implement on a unit train by changing, hopefully, one car's enginespec. See "N.America 286,000lbs physics".

Unfortunately that is a T:ANE asset, and can not be used in 04, 06, 09, 10, 12

Could you post the config file of that enginespec, or send the txt to me, so I can have a look see at the numerals in the config file ?

I really want a consist that has ludicrous braking power :cool: for 04, 06, 09, 10, 12

What config file tag line, makes a enginespec Superman braking power ???

Last edited:
I came across an interesting fact with a 2004 route I brought into Tane.
The Ai trains were fitted with the ai airbrake and would not get over 5 mph. I had to remove it to get them to run at correct speed.
Cheers,
Mike

Back