Dugout 3.7 Version J is being released in the next few days...runs on Trainz 3.7 !!!

LIneAxe

We did alot of testing to get this one converted over to 3.7. We cleared up alot of track and used new Lights all the way along the tracks. Much thanks to my bro for much of that. Game is setup now for 2 to play, I noted that the Statistics in the HUD don't transfer over from the Host machine , so we just have been using the accurate ones from the Host. I am not sure why they don't update... The coding is correct, so I think it might be something to do with Trainz itself. I found using Dave as a 2nd Coking Coal driver is so fun to do when I am practicing on Red of Yellow teams. So, if you see me out there with a practice game going, come on it and check out the map from the Helicopter (or where ever) . This route and it's sessions were designed to be very quick to download and play...!!!
ANYHOW Dugout 3.7 Version J should be ready to download through DLS sometime this weekend!!

Our testing of the Route and sessions revealed a couple of places that could use some tweaking, so this morning I uploaded Version L. It should be the last one I need to make for a while!! Players note the new DEFAULT settings of the Tracks near the turntables. The default is now the center track.

One last light removed to for better flow of both AI Coking Coal Drivers around their Facility. Then I went around all the tracks and adjusted any last curves to flow smoothly. I put in a Helicopter Turntable to see how that works and got it working on this version . Finally I added in a few things to spruce up the scene. Should be good to go !!!
VERSION N is the latest version that should be released by this weekend.
I am thinking that is all I will need to do for a while on this route and it's sessions.

Last edited:
New stuff not mentioned in the Games Session Instructions page :
If you are flying the chopper the Posted Speeds are 100 mph along the main routes across the map and 20 mph as you near the Helipads. If you are heading anywhere around JTR headquarters the speeds are 50mph along any of the 3 routes that come of the Helipads turntable and 10mph as you near the Helipads Turntable...Watch out ,as I didn't include a 4th route and you can move the turntable to that position at times ,if you fly that route the chopper will crash ...So just use the 3 routes and you will be ok.
Lately I have been running all 5 trains in AI mode and controlling them while flying the chopper... It all works quite well, the only thing I have to do is sometimes issue a stop command to one of the trains so as to allow another train to pass through a junction . Then I issue a continue command to get them back on their schedule.
If anyone would like a version that has all the AI schedules running so you can play game in chopper mode , I just created a session that runs the AI schedules of all 5 trains for the first part of the game. I have just uploaded it today :eek:

ALSO, You may have noticed I have a train that just runs around in a circle. This trains purpose in the game is to select one or the other of the two Coal drivers and start him up at a randomly selected time. The other Coal driver then starts up a little while afterwards. When the train has done that it is just being used as part of the scenery. His track connects to a portal which will take him out of the game when he is done if you wanted to.

Last edited:
Interestingly enough the train that runs in a circle had problems with using the Schedule command WaitforRandom() ;
I used the following values inside the Rule WaitforRandom() at different times just to test it. 0 -60, 0 - 90 , 0 - 120 , I would also use several instances of the WaitforRandom Command because it ALWAYS selected 0 seconds as the random time... It is supposed to select a value from 1 to 60, 90 or 120 seconds. So I had to solve the problem of it always starting up the same way, every game . I selected WaitforRandom (15, 90) and wham it works perfectly now. This is most likely another bug in the software since it is supposed to pick random values without a problem, so I suggest anyone using this Rule be cautious with it's results..
Heh, well another tree grew on the tracks and I had to remove it as well. I also setup all 4 of the Helicopter paths to work in this version .Finally, I made it a bit easier to send BR class train down and out the exit Portal if you decide to when you are done with him.

VERSION O is now the latest version. It can be downloaded sometime this weekend from DLS

Just took out Red Team and Dave and found it works great now... I liked it when I saw an AI train take a path to drop off his load, then find out the path ahead just got occupied by another train. So he backed up 100 meters and flipped a junction just in front of him. He then picked an alternate path to drop off his coal and let the other train get past him!!!
Meanwhile I was taking my empty tanker back to the Receiving dock on a track that was right beside them...

I Host games fairly often and Hope you will Join in sometime...

Last edited:
Bit of delay in game showing up on DLSdue to NV3 Content being changed over I assume

Sorry all, my Version 0 release seems to be delayed till sometime next week... See you out on the tracks soon!

Also I am working on updating all my much older experimental content on DLS so that I am not wasting resources and ultimately slowing the DLS down. If I get through that process it should be easier to find the right assets to Download.

Last edited:
I am updating Version O with more new features , should be ready by next weekend for sure. Might even be ready by Wed or so....What a task to get all 3 sessions working the same way...Easy to miss something I have found!!! I think I got them all going agian today and I just sent them up to DLS.

Consider adding all the previous versions to the "Obsolete" table next time you upload an update. That way it actually is an update and people with an older version who not check the forum will have it show up as an update.

It also cleans up all the previous versions in one go, as you asked for some time ago.

Well I just put a lot of hours into creating a special edition to be ready for Halloween!!!
VERSION P is now the latest stable version. It can be downloaded anytime from DLS.
Me and me bro hope to see you out on the tracks... Halloween environment settings are 17:00 hrs for game start and set the rain level to whatever suits you... ( I am usually too chicken to try the tracks at night!) Happy howling ...

well OMG , A caboose disappeared off the tracks ... Funny thing it is gone from ALOT OF previous versions also. I just added it back in and finally added in some sessions that get the Blue Comet Steam trains on the tracks again. For the time being I haven't given any special instructions to the drivers. Only thing to think about is where you can disconnect your tendercars when you need to be spun around in the turntables with a load. It is Legal to park your tender car on any siding not used OR in YOUR OWN TURNTABLE (found near your supply dock). There are a couple of tender cars in the game for each player and another one that can be used by both players. Much tougher challenge!!No set rules as of yet..

Final Version of this Route for Trainz 12 is
Dugout 3.7 Version U
. I have tested automating some junctions with great success. We plan to have this route T:ANE ready within a short period of time. T:ANE has some built in Steam enginesit looks like, and this route was designed and built for Steam engines. I will be trying everything out as I decide which included Steam engine works the best. Meanwhile I still have the CN FPA locos running for most players and 3 sessions with Blue Comet Steam engines. I have missions created for them where you can run 5 or 6 locos at one time when practicing Red or Yellow team. The time length of an average game for the first 2 missions is about 90 minutes or so.

Last edited:
Back