ATLS crossing signals

ccowan2126

I thought I read on a thread a while back that one can use four triggers at a crossing: two to start and two to stop the crossing signals. Does anyone know the particulars of programming them like that? I set most of my signals up with an ATLS Controller, slave and two triggers, but I would like to set up two more triggers to stop the signals, as the train clears the crossing, much sooner. Anyone ?

Thanks.

THeres a setting you have to change so it reads "Level Crossing" or something like that. After that the system will automatically deal with 4 Triggers as long as they're all set up correctly.

Falcus

The triggers can be set for two-way running. You need 4 triggers, two for each direction. Read the explanation that comes with the trigger.

The four triggers have to be set up as 4 trigger. The first and last trigger are the ones that activate the crossing. The other 2 you place each side of the crossing, only the second of these triggers passed will release the crossing.
Default is set for two trigger.

I have been working on this thing for hours now, and cannot get it to work. I do NOT see a setting that is for 4 triggers. I have 4 triggers installed as instructed, but I do not see a "button" or "switch" or anything that puts this thing into "4 trigger mode". Everything is set to the same channel: all 4 triggers, the controller and the slave and set to "SPL" and "LCM" where indicated. When a loco crosses the first trigger, signals activate. When it crosses over the crossing they deactivate like I want them to. But then it crosses the other trigger way out past the crossing (the 4th one), that one activates the crossing AGAIN.
What the $&*@ am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Open the properties box of the trigger. you will see a line that reads something like 2 trigger basic mode. Click on this line to change to 4 trigger mode.

Hi,

You have not said if the crossing is two track or single track. If it is single track only two triggers are needed. If it is double track then you will need 4 triggers. In the screenshot below you will see general set up you will need for a two track, although the set up I have installed is quite complicated, with traffic lights governing the crossing and junctions. the traffic lights rotate though 3 phases until a tram, (in this case) hits the first trigger which lowers the barriers and turns all traffic signals to red. on crossing the second trigger the barriers raise and the traffic lights resume their rotation. Hope this helps.

[URL=http://s978.photobucket.com/user/mcarrara1/media/carr_20140926_0001_zps79146908.jpg.html]
carr_20140926_0001_zps79146908.jpg
[/URL]

I have been working on this thing for hours now, and cannot get it to work. I do NOT see a setting that is for 4 triggers. I have 4 triggers installed as instructed, but I do not see a "button" or "switch" or anything that puts this thing into "4 trigger mode". Everything is set to the same channel: all 4 triggers, the controller and the slave and set to "SPL" and "LCM" where indicated. When a loco crosses the first trigger, signals activate. When it crosses over the crossing they deactivate like I want them to. But then it crosses the other trigger way out past the crossing (the 4th one), that one activates the crossing AGAIN.
What the $&*@ am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Be happy, I cant even get mine to get the crossing lights to work

That was it stagecoach. The switch (or whatever you want to call it) to change to a 4 way trigger system is hidden under the heading that reads "Trigger set for (1 OR 2 WAY RUNNING - BASIC)" . You have to CLICK on that heading to find "(2 WAY RUNNING - 4 TRIGGER SYSTEM)". The instruction I have did NOT say where to find that.

Thanks everyone.

Hi,

You have not said if the crossing is two track or single track. If it is single track only two triggers are needed. If it is double track then you will need 4 triggers. In the screenshot below you will see general set up you will need for a two track, although the set up I have installed is quite complicated, with traffic lights governing the crossing and junctions. the traffic lights rotate though 3 phases until a tram, (in this case) hits the first trigger which lowers the barriers and turns all traffic signals to red. on crossing the second trigger the barriers raise and the traffic lights resume their rotation. Hope this helps.
[URL=http://s978.photobucket.com/user/mcarrara1/media/carr_20140926_0001_zps79146908.jpg.html]
carr_20140926_0001_zps79146908.jpg
[/URL]

It does not matter if it is single or double. the amount of triggers refers to one track only, Single track could have 2 or 4 triggers and double could have 4 or 8 triggers. 2 trigger set up is a simple open and shut system while the 4 triggers will open when approached at the outer trigger and shut when passed the inner 2 triggers. This allows clearance of crossing much earlier.

Littlebondi If you expand your problem we could help you with it. Make sure all assets for the crossing use the same channel and are linked with the ATLS controller.

If you look at the advanced ATLS demo route you will find a very similar set up as you have. Trains on the up line will stop at the station without triggering the crossing if required and then use a driver command to open the crossing to continue. Triggers need to be set up in 4 trigger mode, Up line 1 before you reach the station, 1 close to the crossing, 1 before the junction and 1 over to the left of the diagram. Down line 1 to the far left, 1 on each side of the crossing and 1 after the station. Trains entering or leaving the gas works could use the driver command as the first and last trigger. Remember that in 4 trigger mode a train has to completely clear 4 triggers to complete the ATLS cycle. This can be any combination of trigger or driver command but must total 4. If you want the Up signal to show the correct state when the crossing is closed you can use an inverse slave on the up line just to the left of the crossing.

Back