lego207's Work/Silver Lines

The route is look good, but if I can make a couple suggestions?

The Tail's on the Wye are too short. You have room for exactly 1 SD-40 @ 0 MPH.... So if your engineer was moving a little too quickly, bye bye work order, Hello Wrecking Crane. In general operating practice, Wye's tend to have at least enough room for 2-3 Locomotives to approach and come to a complete stop @ ~15 MPH or so. If you drug the entire wye closer to the other track in the shot (The one that runs parallel to it), you'd have room for at least a bit more before you hit the end of the baseboard but just adding another Baseboard would probably be your best bet. On that note as well, Railroads in the last few decades have sold off alot of RoW (Right of way), and the primary way they do that is by bringing track closer together. Its not uncommon for engineers to feel like they'd break their arm clean off if they actually stuck it out the window at this point....

Ballast... If you were a Railroad employee and you dropped that much ballast around the RoW, your boss would inform you he wasn't your boss anymore, and to grab your last check otw out the door.... In alot of areas, particularly flat areas, Ballast is used only to ensure the Sleepers won't shift. The ballast included in most 3D track Splines now is all you need for alot of places. Fill the rest in with Dirt, Grass, Clutter, w/e you want. Dirt is usually a good way to go, particularly since your road seems to be big enough to afford Weed Spraying in one form or another.

After that, if thats Payware you're reskinning, you do know that you likely won't be able to share it? You can ask for permission, and they might even let you, but I wouldn't count on it. Those SD-40's look nice, and I think you did a good job reskinning them, but they also look like JR or RRMods quality, and both of those will file against you with Auran if you don't ask them for permission if you try to ever share those locomotives. Just a friendly reminder if you already knew that.

After that, keep chuggin, be interesting to see what else you post. Takes alot of time and effort to make a route. Take your time, experiment, see what you like and what you don't.
Falcus

You are correct on those locos being JR payware. I don't plan on sharing it, anyways - and I know not to release those without permissions. No worries :B

Thank you for the tips on the Wye and ballast! I'll experiment with some stuff and we'll see...

Thanks again :B

nevermind this post was made whilst under the influence of not sleeping for many days

Last edited:
Thing with the SW1500 though is that I can't actually see the textures...
The thing there is that the SW1500s have a different type of texture which requires use of the alpha's channel for the environment map. IIRC you can create a mask of the alpha channel and copy+paste it into a different layer to keep it for later. I don't remember exactly how one would make the alpha all black, but duplicating the texture layer multiple times and then merging it all together should have a similar effect. Bit of a sacrifice for added realism, huh? But once you figure it out it isn't too hard to account for.
As for putting the alpha back in, you should just be able to create a layer mask again and paste the alpha channel back in to get it. I've done this before(for my own models, although I now have them separated like you'd in many older assets because it's easier to skin that way), and it isn't too terribly hard.

Last edited:
Hmm.. I'll do some experimenting with that newfound information.

I've been a bit sick today, stayed home from school. Thought now was as good a time as any to do a bit of reskinning :eek:

ive spent about 3-4 hours today on this and i am so far happy. a second loco for slrr will finally be finished soon. maybe by tomorrow... we'll see ;-;

Well, as for the SW1500 texture, I think I'm getting close to being able to see it properly... kind of

edit: also, we're getting there on the SD60! still a long way to go, but, its working in game now. except arn is a bit busted but ill get to that later...

15280477681_68df9ddf93_o.png

Very early wip...

Last edited:
Hi all, not much here today. I completed a section across the river from the yard, but that's about it.
Really like this screenshot right here though.
15102570148_428da320bb_o.png

15140296848_e4a825c0b9_o.png

15102174760_5bb8f2e8db_o.png

:B

Hi all, like last time nothing much. At the moment just really tired and all, and haven't expanded the route any. Maybe this weekend after I sleep more than five hours. That's probably a good idea. I've just been listening to rainymood.com and just adding little details and things to the SLRR route. I've kind of made some kind of old rusty section of track that was on the original part of the yard I merged in. I've replaced some tracks and added a host of little things. I really love doing these bits of rusty, rundown, or abandoned and broken bits of track. I don't even know why. But it's fun. I should get around to changing that ballast to be less. eh, later.
15177439197_7387b1d0ef_o.png

I love the rain effects I get with rainymood and Trainz. I would love some rain in real life. Even though it's almost October (Birthday is on the 1st!) it is very very hot here. Illinois is weird.

Hey there folks, small stuff with this route. Added a few baseboards to extend past the yard (I need a name for the yard. hmm...).
If you might have noticed on the trainz-version-thing next to my name I have TSMac 2 now (I had a bunch of money from my birthday a few days ago, why not. basically ts12, eh?) and I'm currently working to install the SLM route into it. The route itself is good except a few dependencies show up faulty after re-downloading them many times and I can't fix them, so I'll have to try that later. On the other hand, all my 3rd party content (basically JR and whatnot) isn't there obviously and I can't install it. Can't open any single .cdp file for reading, it says. Not sure what's up with this but if any of you Trainz Mac 2 people know what's up with this and know how to fix it, do tell, please. I would like to have all my stuff upgraded to this new version since stuff for anything below TS12 (Mac 1) is now pretty much totally unsupported (namely third party guys). So. With that out of the way, just a few shots from the latest plays while still on Mac 1. I get the feeling the next few weeks will be installing all the old content from Mac 1 to Mac 2. What fun. Oh well, if I can figure out how to get 3rd party stuff in and fix this faulty content (corona things???) then it'll be fine. I hope.

15409432406_7397a3eb3a_o.png

NS intermodel passes the UP autorack
15255702790_1b356ae027_o.png

Welp, I can't stop building this little bit of tracks. I made a river and bridges. I like it.
15295495159_42a49e4185_o.png

(do note I have another shot of the train on the bridge but im saving it atm)
15479249471_8fa4532715_o.png

This is my little screenshot train... use it everywhere for the angles and ability to zoom in without glass like on the Dash 9 for instance, making a nice clear picture..
15295496559_0c9e165515_o.png

Oh, god. I can't stop building this thing with old tracks
*sigh*
Oh, well; it looks nice.
all of this is WIP
15487885851_d0d0346319_o.png

15467913456_a4589c0003_o.png

everything about this shot is just... right
15304328630_96ee5ab369_o.png

I don't really know why I'm building this, and even though I am, why I'm doing in TSMac 1. I have (fixed it) installed most everything this route is missing in TSMac 2... but almost all my JR stuff is faulty. and I don't know how to fix it. I've installed all the stuff from their site that should fix it, but it just won't work. Big thing is the cabs I think. EMD Spartan Cab is faulty for a majority of the SD40s if not all, and ijustcannotbebotheredanymore.
You know what, this weekend I'll sit down and fix all this stuff. That's a good idea.

also this happened:
3f3d6dc63b0185298fe54250f5f46d02.png

so that was a thing. thanks gimp for letting me censor those swears

Well, like I said, I'm fixing errors in TSMac 2. I am currently facing a few big ones.
These are the current errors that I have under control and know how to fix and am working on:
-Texture file used as both texture & image profile picture... thing (easy fix)
-Different cab versions than needed (fair bit of my JR stuff I just straight threw from TSMac 1 into TSMac 2 b/c I don't feel like changing hornsounds again, so cabs are wrong version) (easy fix)
-Missing deps (easy.. but time stealer)

Problems I have but cannot seem to fix..
- "Image file corona.tga' is incorrectly used as both a texture.txt source file and a raw image file." (Used on corona items for a few things - ambulance, a truck, etc)
- "Multiple track stretches between 'a.road0e_x' and 'a.road0f_x' in container 'attached-track'. Track stretches must be unique." (yarnish road bit)
- "The Integer tag 'size' in container 'diesel' is not a valid Integer value." (large chunk of JR stuff - my reskinned slrr stuff, P42, etc)
I've no clue how to fix any of these. If anyone knows... please tell. I really need to get this stuff working so I can make a full transfer to TSMac 2..

Sooo that's what I've been doing today. Also playing a lot of ÜberUpgrades in TF2. Rather addictive making and ultra amazing sniper rifle.

Anyways I made this shot while doing my first few in that abandoned track area. This is maybe my favourite shot I've made to date...
15295495809_f0203e74b5_o.png

That's my stuff. Please, if anyone knows what's up with those 3 errors... please direct me to a fix or enlighten me. Really can't figure this out.

For that integer deal, just delete the 'size' container AND NOTHING ELSE.
for that corona deal just go into the config & delete the corona.tha refernce, as you would with other similar errors. Dunno bout that other 1, though

you will love mac2! It is amazing!!! Its what i run on, too. 👊

Thanks for the quick reply

The size container one worked - but I'm not sure what you mean about the corona one..

Thanks, though
edit:
i also discovered this on the EMD Spartan Cab. I can't even.

what in

Last edited:
Try deleting that and reinstalling it. Must have been an error in installation. Or is it one of his DLS units? (Justin,NS37)
if it is,I'm afraid you'll have to just delete it.

The corona item is this one:

The config to the right is the TSMac 1 corona file. These are used for the items "Usa - Ambulance car" and trucks and whatnot
Even if I change the image thing that the error shows it stills breaks with this exact same error. I don't even.

I swear 80% of this faulty content is because the little pictures they need are used as both mesh and image and trainz doesn't like that. great fun.

Last edited:
I got it working. Well, most of it. Three faulty items that I can't figure out how to fix. Nonetheless, first time for the route to be in TSMac 2. Looks good! I think I'm happy with my decision to advance to Mac 2. It's about time.
15335726887_b03d620fba_o.png

15522364235_d74b4d344a_o.png

Next on the agenda: fix faulty content
Then: Fix hornsounds (JR engines are great... but their hornsounds.. some need a bit of work :p)
Not going to mess with that too much for a few days. It's strange how exhausting it is doing all that work on this stuff.

SM

Oh, finally we're back. I couldn't access forum for about two days. Oh, well - works now! I managed to get sick again somehow so I was doin some screenshots. Really like the fog I got on some of these..
14926116464_2672b2ee52_o.png

15547704542_9594d41e01_o.png

15552417062_c00304e8ea_o.png

Also my SD70ACe's (non heritage) and my SLRR SD40-2's have decided that they can't have fuel anymore. Or that they can't receive fuel from a loader. welp.
15360244589_900a837304_o.png

I really need to deal with my faulty deps at some point. Really need to.
Also I should finish that SD60M. And that SW1500. One day... one day.
Also cannot seem to use DLS. That is annoying. Oh, well.

Back