lego207's Work/Silver Lines

Or it could be a extremely accurate SLRR 4-8-2 fast freight locomotive that just happens to resemble Frisco 1522 and have the same number.:hehe:

(No malice or disrespect intended, if I caused some please let me know and I will fix it.)

You're all good, I think. Could be that..

Something I know a couple people will like seeing here. Viaduct has received an upgrade.

18316124458_099a9b1894_h.jpg

18316182850_c926062d58_h.jpg

18317713689_0d39209e88_h.jpg

Catenary supports and concrete foundations. At last. The catenary supports are a bit... not properly connected to the bridge. There's some space between that little spot of metal under each support and the actual bridge. A small little metal piece would fix that easily, I'll have to go hunting.
Either way, that's all done. As well, the texturing for the water below is complete, too.

Jumping all around this map now!

Cheers,
SM

I believe there's a Safetran Signal Stand. Look in philskene's route Downtown Traction Co. for it. He used it to support the catenary poles.

Or it could be a extremely accurate SLRR 4-8-2 fast freight locomotive that just happens to resemble Frisco 1522 and have the same number.:hehe:

(No malice or disrespect intended, if I caused some please let me know and I will fix it.)

Hey there ya go. That idea works perfect lol. Thanks Ben :)

I've been experimenting with some detailwork in the yard, and was also introduced to a fun little camera mode in Surveyor.

18540708919_aa14d46243_h.jpg

18104300584_9ffb09981c_h.jpg

18539265200_b80ba45a2b_h.jpg

While doing this stuff, I have been removing old grass splines and whatnot. Additionally, making huge expansions in terms of baseboards and track. From where the track ends now, we're very near the coal mine.

Cheers,
SM

Great! If you want, I can do the logging part like I said I would awhile ago.

Go for it, I haven't been all as sure as to what needs to be put down there for it, which is why it never seems to be touched. Industry isn't exactly my strong point, as you can probably tell :hehe:

Anyways, good stuff.
d241c420d50f545ababf7f51da6124eb.png

We've finally arrived at the final destination for this route - the coal mine. The last textured area is where those three massive mountains are located. You can't see it very well, but the tracks fully extend to the coal mine. We'll have a large yard and mine there.
Firstly, the area up to it must be fully landscaped and textured, and before even that, I've gotta finish up everything else before it. So, we've got some work, but it's all laid out.
Additionally, the towns will be built to serve passenger trains.

Good stuff coming, I think.

Cheers,
SM

Hmm, well... this was interesting. In the boredom of grass splines and tree moving, I remembered I wanted to see how I could merge the Silver Lines, Silver Lines Midwest, and Silver Lines Electric Coal (<- working name) together. SL was single tracked, SLM started single track and ended double, and SLEC is double all the way through. So, merged them in that order on a 'new route'. Naturally, they're all built in different directions, so throwing them together was interesting, nonetheless.
I was just able to get a full screenshot of the WHOLE map. It's massive.

2f947ecddf5f944020fc8f3e92596e8a.png

Interestingly, the SLEC is as big as SL and SLM combined. The difference in track heights of the end of the SLM and start of SLEC are pretty big. 3.2 to 50.
Consist 65 on the SL is what I took to run the whole length of route. A small train using some random coaches and freight cars and a few locos. For whatever reason, all along the SL, there's a ton of extra locos and some extra cars. Upon reaching them, I snagged a few.
I recorded the whole run-through to time it and whatnot. The recording length was: 1:42:53. Almost two full hours... the game crashed twice. One before I got the train moving, and once when I started stopping at the very end of the route.
Pretty ridiculous.

Anyways, I'm probably going to sync the recording with mediafire and give out a link to anyone that wants to watch two hours of route running with my horrible commentary. So, I guess if you wanna see all three routes at once with a single train running through them continuously, just ask.

In route progress terms, grass spline work and whatnot. Painfully annoying. And a good place to mention: Beta Testers: Yeah what I said last time about weekly is no longer valid, and we are going to be going back to bi-weekly. Next update is next Monday now. Sorry if this is annoying, but as I've discovered, there ain't a lot of stuff that can really be done in one week sometimes. It'll be better this way. But we'll be really consistent this time, so we've got that going for us.

The main reason I wanted to try merging these routes together is that later on when all are 'finished' and released, I'll put out a tutorial on merging them all together, as well as a download for a piece that will connect them together. Those blank boards you see in between each route will basically be there, probably more of them, and dressed up properly as transitional pieces. It'll end up pretty interesting. If you're asking why I won't just put out a .cdp of all of them merged together already... that's no fun, screw off.

/rant

Cheers,
SM

Big stuff today, folks. Big stuff.
RUN IT OFF OF GPU NOT CPU
T:ANE is undoubtedly the laggiest program I've ever downloaded. It's so unoptimized I wonder if that was even attempted. Even on all settings on the absolutely lowest, there's constant lag pretty much anywhere. I've barely touched most of the routes, anyway, since I've heard they're all extremely laggy. So, with my route in T:ANE. Naturally, it's covered in Pofig trees, so trees are primarily what's missing. Two textures are now faulty and do not work and cannot be fixed because they're just flat busted. The YARN highways work.. except they are a horrible checkerboard texture all over.
I d/l'd some UltraScenery trees from the DLS to help fill the void of no trees over anything. I'm sure they look nice if you can up the settings without crashing like my T:ANE loves to do.
Put a few around the loco shed in Eastbrook Yard... crashing numerous times before being able to take a screenshot to show the thing. Only was able to put a couple of trees around the edge and STILL had framerate drops. Without trees the route runs flawlessly..
Unedited basic shots showing some of Eastbrook Yard.
c5d98e88e25f94f3ab0bc436ab970a94.png

8c1baae7bf8d743eb105e410c65be422.png

ad48ffcb1e0810ba9ac9190dff9c3025.png

You can really see how many trees I can even place here. Absurd.

I can tell you this much - I will certainly not be developing this route for T:ANE. EVER. It's just straight awful. There is no way my site will make content for this disaster. I know my computer ain't perfect and I know my fps will not be perfect... but THIS? Waste of money, huge disappointment. Will be staying with TSMac 2 and producing content for stuff under T:ANE. If someone who can actually run this route with the trees placed like they have been, be my guest to update it tree-wise and replaced those busted textures, but I will not do it, and I will never provide support for my content in T:ANE as far as I'm concerned. All routes I build in this game will be TS2Mac/TS12 (and possibly 10/09, will need to see if anything doesn't work). Locos, rollingstock, buildings, etc will also follow the same rules.None of my stuff will ever go on the DLS no matter what.

Now for a bigger announcement.

On a semi-related note, you may have noticed the Blender application in my dock bar in the shots above. Well, long story short, I am going to be finishing up an Open-source model made by a user named 'Josheh', IIRC. I have been given a .obj of a Little Joe EF4 by a friend (Not sure whether I should name names or not). A little render image:
8d1aed468aa68761f9534eaacc2ec396.png

Nothing from my has been done to it. It's very nearly done.
Current list of things to add to it:
-Pantographs (+animation)
-Detail all over the roof
-Minor detail on the underside
-Texturing
-Get it in game and functioning

Not all that much in reality. The plus side here is that this a South Shore type of style Joe. The back end is not covered up like the Milwaukee Road Joes, so this will be a great asset for the route, as turntables will not be featured at all, most likely. There are a few other little things about this one that are a big advantage to me. Most specifically, because it's open-source, I can just release it and throw it on my site, as long as I give credit to the original creator, which I will certainly be doing (and have done in this post already!). Nothing against tume's Joe, but this one will be personalized for SLRR and more up-to-date than the Joes I have in TSMac 2 (T:ANE's Joes are better than the old DLS ones, but T:ANE is issues.) I won't have to deal with reskin permissions and all... except for the Boxcabs. They are now my concern for releasing, since I need permission to do so, and I have been doubting I will be able to, much less on my site. They are the old 2010 Boxcabs from the DLS, and in their config files they state no reskins... so... yeah. Obvious issue here. I don't have a model of boxcabs, and building a loco from scratch when it comes to me ain't happening any time soon, let me tell you. I would like to release the boxcabs as soon as possible, but I may not be able to do so, unfortunately. Anyways...

Large wall of text, I apologize. TL;DR, T:ANE sucks, I'm not making stuff in it; I'm finishing an open source Little Joe and may not be able to release the Boxcabs.

Fun stuff.

Cheers,
SM

Will the new EF4 have the annoying bogey stuff to worry about? I think if it's possible to make a 2-8-8-2 that has 4 bogeys then that would be possible. T:ANE might not work very well, but look at that 1st pic again and tell me that that isn't beautiful.

Will the new EF4 have the annoying bogey stuff to worry about? I think if it's possible to make a 2-8-8-2 that has 4 bogeys then that would be possible. T:ANE might not work very well, but look at that 1st pic again and tell me that that isn't beautiful.

It should be a single-piece loco with this one, just like the one in T:ANE I believe. It'll be pretty good, I think.

Honestly, 1st pic isn't all that good IMO. Unfortunately due to the fact T:ANE can't run anything well, I can't view anything how it should be. I can have pretty much all settings in TSMac 2 on full, and no setting above halfway on T:ANE... pretty bad there, honestly. Definitely not going back into T:ANE with my route, it just ain't gonna work here.
/rant

Cheers,
SM

Stunning shots, man... Hard to top!

18910187748_efadcca138_h.jpg

18911722189_4dbc5270ad_h.jpg

18477239373_ef4bc60a27_h.jpg

18910109060_9e487e9e4d_h.jpg

19092280172_8bf8c6bfce_h.jpg

18910291130_0822202b14_h.jpg

18477350033_c5f9263903_h.jpg

Experimenting with blur effects for the very first time...

Cheers,
SM

Nice shots! Some nice era consistency, too - I like that!

19195926225_27fea4ba3d_h.jpg

19199547501_3f27953502_h.jpg

19169793776_c25fbd8497_h.jpg

19190097212_730bec1a56_h.jpg

And a video with it, too.

Used my banner design to design some quick graphics. Looked nice IMO.

Cheers,
SM

Back