DLS Down again?

klambert

Ca Plane Pour Moi
Is it me or has the DLS gone down again? I've been away for a week, apart from switching my computer on last night to download a windows update, I haven't used trainz all week, so I was wondering if the update adjusted the PC's security setting to block CMP because it was refusing to connect. To be honest I don't think it was, because this morning I checked the DLS, to find that wasn't working either, so I'm just wondering if other users have had problems with the DLS today.

Hi klambert,

No, your not the only one having issues connecting to the DLS. CM says"Please check your internet connection and firewall/proxy settings to access the trainz download station? Odd since mine has has the same settings since 2011??

DRM is fine, ive been running SnC and the DLC packs i have with no issue

Chris

I'm not so lucky, however. My DLC seems to have vanished after the server started having issues. SnC, Murchison 2, Classic Cabon City are gone. I am pretty sure that the rest of my DLC is gone too.

Not very good is it. I found it down at 13:00 yesterday and only 7 downloads this morning not very cleaver is it.

Content manager v3.7 is also not fully letting me do anything with it, over the main website server problems we're having today. I keep thinking my firewall ports has somehow now since decided to block Taddaemon.exe (CM database manager and trainz website access connection files). Taddaemon access through my PC firewall is okay.

Good Evening All
Thank you for reporting this to use. I have forwarded this to our team, however they may not be able to look into it until tomorrow morning.

Unfortunately, it appears that the server being affected is the Planet Auran server, and as such some members may also see issues with their DLC packs, as the DRM server may be unable to varify login details in some cases.

We will post an announcement once the servers are fully back online.

Regards
Zec Murphy

This is not good enough why buy a first class ticket when you can not log in to DLS. This has happened so many times, you need to get this problem sorted out auran.

This is not good enough why buy a first class ticket when you can not log in to DLS. This has happened so many times, you need to get this problem sorted out auran.

To be fair to N3V though, they rent servers from another company so may be limited on what they can do to 'sort it'. (FYI - Auran no longer exists).

Shane

Good Evening all
Our team has been looking into this tonight, and the servers should now be online. They are still somewhat slow, so you may see some timeouts, however it should now be possible to access the DLS. We will, however, be looking into this further tomorrow morning (please keep in mind, it's midnight over here at the moment, and it's simply not possible for our admin to work 24/7; nor can we have 3 or 4 admins to monitor the website 24/7 - this just isn't viable).

Regards
Zec Murphy

It seems odd that I can log into forums, and even edit my content in CM 3.3, but CM says that it can't connect to my computer or my user name and Password are invalid. To me Trains is a hobby not a game, seeing I have no place to build a model railroad. I just wish it didn't have to be so over technical. Thanks, Fred Foltz

Thank you, Zec for taking a look at this.

I sure hope my helpdesk ticket was useful for this matter as I reported the issue with the DLC late last night eastern time.

John

To be fair to N3V though, they rent servers from another company so may be limited on what they can do to 'sort it'. (FYI - Auran no longer exists).

Shane

Then they should rent servers from a company that can provide a better service, "To be fair to N3V though" it their fault for using a cheapskate company, to save a few bob & provide a lesser service at the sake of a bigger profit.

Back