Screenshot of The Week: August 24 to Aug 31 2014 (Light Rail)

Be sure to wear some Flowers in your Hair ...

1280_3165636362373438.jpg

Nice Greetings

Epo:)

I could be wrong, but it looks to me like Epoche3bis4's screenshot is actually a Photoshop filtered photograph.

I have noticed that so many entrants this week do not seem to know what Light Rail is. Light Rail is PASSENGER transportation. LRT stands for Light Rail TRANSIT. It means bus-like light rail trains that run on steel rails along city streets, underground, on their own exclusive rights of way, etc. I suppose a more in depth explanation will be needed in future when it comes to themes in these competitions.

Just have fun my friend! There's no big cash prize. Epo is well know for his amazing screenshots. You might have a shot at winning with that "garden of Eden" screenshot!

Cheers .... Rick

I have noticed that so many entrants this week do not seem to know what Light Rail is. Light Rail is PASSENGER transportation. LRT stands for Light Rail TRANSIT. It means bus-like light rail trains that run on steel rails along city streets, underground, on their own exclusive rights of way, etc. I suppose a more in depth explanation will be needed in future when it comes to themes in these competitions.
Hi All
My original idea was "Light Railways" (similar to US 'shortline' roads I believe; basically railways built cheaply/lightly - timber tramways are an example of this), however 'light rail' (trams and similar) are also within what I saw. They are still essentially a modern form of the original light railways, being a light railway (it's pretty rare that a full size loco could run on a 'light rail' network without issues!).

Regards
READ. SERIOUSLY.

Oh come on guys, are we still bickering over definitions? ;)

1hW0s1.jpg

Fading daylight bounces off the rails as M-GRNLOS 2-31 enters the River Loop.

Last edited:
Submissions are now closed. There are 11 entries for this round so up to 3 votes are allowed. Voting will be from now until September 7, 1200nn UTC. Please post your votes below.

Cheerio,
Nicholas

nikitka1988
Epoche3bis4
nicky9499 (Creativity never hurts!)

Honorable mention: ARhian7 (Also for creativity)

I just wanted to offer my apologies to everyone regarding the definition of the theme. Sorry guys, I forgot that it is whatever your take is of the theme. Profuse apologies. I hope you all forgive me.

That's nice, but I was more concerned about the other thing you said. One thing though, if you think that shot was a real life photo .... well that goes to show you just how good the screenshot was! Hee, hee, I hope someday you think I'm sending in photos of the real deal!

Cheers .... Rick

Well, I could have a reason for voting for all 10, but here's my 3 picks. I usually like to give a first, second, third .... this time all 3 are tied for first. That's the way I see it, anyway!

nikita1988 very realistic

peterwise great one, my friend

Epoche3bis4 Hey, is that real or is it .... hee, hee, thanks Epo, for bringing back the memories of my hippy days! I still have long hair, half way down my back. It's just not as plentiful as it used to be!

Great shots from all!

I have to give pdkoester an honourable mention!

Cheers .... Rick

Last edited:
Hi pdkoester; Man, that's my favorite of yours since I started paying attention to the contest! I would have given it a vote. Whatever you are doing to the shots sort of gives me a cold feeling (not a bad thing!). Putting that city together must have been a lot of "fun"!

Cheers .... Rick

Back