Screenshot of The Week: August 17 to August 24 2014 (No Theme)

Offtopic:

Okhiu, a member has reported that your signature is 60 pixels too high. Sorry to be a bother but could you fix this when you're free please? Thank you.

Solved

Ontopic:

Submissions are now closed. There are 28 entries for this round so up to 3 votes are allowed. Voting will be from now until July 31, 1200nn UTC. Please post your votes below.

Cheerio,
Nicholas

I guess it's August 31 not July :D

And my vote goes for kingstonflyer

Last edited:
I'm going with:

Conrail45

kingstonflyer

Epo .... Epo's are always great. This one reminded me of "Dogpatch". Remember Lil' Abner, in the comic section of the newpaper?

Cheers .... Rick

There were some really good ones this week, so it was hard to pick three out of the many pictures. I also chose not to vote for myself because I feel that it's a little 'unfair' to use one of your three picks for yourself instead of three other entries.
1. dragonharh
2. ARhian7
3. girlsloverailroads2

Conrail45
Mightyena
SantaFebuff

I'd be curious as to why people picked the votes ones they did, or why they didn't pick others. As someone who has entered quite a few of these contests of the years and never won (I think I came in 3rd once) it is would be somewhat educational to me (and other people who don't do as well in the competitions) to learn what they might do to make their screenshots better.

peter

I always like to joke around about not winning. I don't care if I ever win. That doesn't mean I'm not going to try. Just look at what the top guys and gals show us! Going up against the best is a lot of fun. I never feel bad about losing to the best and feel like I'm learning the skills if I get a vote now and then. Someday I AM going to win! To me, that will mean, I HAVE arrived!

Hang in there bud, I always enjoy seeing your great shots!

Cheers ... Rick

.... also, after I send in a shot, all of a sudden I can see stuff I hate! The shot for this week now has much better looking grass! I used a wide grass spline right over the grass in the shot, deleted a few bunches of grass here and there and holy cow ... that's the shot I should have sent in! My route is not even close to being finished, now and then I just stop and have some fun and spruce something up a bit to send in.

Last edited:
Voting is now closed. Thank you all for participating.

9 conrail45
7 kingstonflyer
6 rbar_164
3 okhiu
3 mightyena
3 epoche3bis4
2 generalman
2 rickf77
1 santafebuff
1 peterwise
1 perrock
1 trainboi1
1 arhian7
1 girlsloverailroads2
1 ulmer94
1 bonjourmonami
1 oknotsen
1 dragonharh
1 jacksonbarno

Cheerio,
Nicholas

Congrats Conrail! I had a feeling it would be between you and kingstonflyer! Very realistic, what I hope my route will look like one of these days!

Cheers .... Rick

Back