Screenshot of The Week: August 17 to August 24 2014 (No Theme)

pdkoester_20140816_0001.jpg

Morning All; Oh, come on people! How can I compete against those fine shots! Well, here's a little visit over the fence that everyone seems to be enjoying.

Cheers, good luck .... Rick
rickf77_20140819_0000.jpg~original

Last edited:
Well, I thought I had something good to enter this week, but after seeing these I think I'm S.O.L.! :D Great pics!
a15d039b93569f480cdbced9946a3f4d.jpg

An homage to one of my Dad's favorite (and my Mom's least favorite) TV comedy show: At Sunnyvale Trailer Park, Lucy, Ricky and Julian have some homemade beer as the Atlantic Coast Railway's newest acquisition, an Ex-China Rail QJ 2-10-2 passes by on it's shakedown run.

QJpassingSunnyvale_zps067c8075.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Hey D, just in case you were wondering about the grass I'm trying out ... it's JR's Grazzy grass. I have not taken too much time with it yet, but I can see with a little practice, it can be made to look fairly real. There are a few splines of it also. I used one of them in that "Dragon Farm" screenshot. Makes a nice looking field, eh?

Ah, the Trailer Park Boys! Say Jordon, you know there are a couple of smokers that might work in your shot. I have an O scale flatcar that my brother "borrowed" from the set when they were shutting it down. They used to film at many trailer parks. In the end they used a park they made about 20 minutes (driving) from my house. Please don't think we are all like that! Sure most of us are, but not all.

Cheers .... Rick

Here's one from a while back:
PRR train number 29, the Broadway Limited ducks under the Union Railway's bridge and under the Westinghouse bridge in east Pittsburgh. The date is 1942, and the US Steel's J. Edgar Thomson works is in full swing, producing much needed war materials for the war effort.
4be9e36cab69e20a9d59bc846923cf1e.jpg

Back