applegathc's work

Mind if I ask how many baseboards away from the track do you get with that scenery? I'm not seeing any Backdrops (Which, though I very much appreciate the use of, prefer not to see)?

Falcus

Are you referring to literal backdrop objects or a more loose term, in which I would make so many supporting baseboards that I create a natural backdrop? Unfortunately I harbour a strong distaste for backdrop objects, I find them tacky. But that is just my opinion.

The Layout for the most part is three wide, and at some parts maybe max five to six?

Two LX-1's shot on two different days, seen cruising into Glisston to lift cuts of hoppers that have just finished being loaded with local grain, bound for CP and BNSF interchange.

Last edited:

Ooooh what a good shot Sir, I like the way you've laid everything out in the little plots of land, nicely ground textured as well. Good luck with your project.

Cheerz. ex-railwayman.

Thank you very much! I feel that is how most small midwestern towns are laid out, a small grid of streets bordered by corn fields.

Town of Lourde along with LER siding of the same name.
Here LX-R sits for a few hours awaiting a crew. They pulled two hours later.

CP #272 with a UP 70 and an NS 60, followed by a slow moving LER LX-5 with a rare SD40M-2 leader, move east thru Lebdunn.

LX-1 outside of Lebdunn, the hotshot with borrowed power in town and a crew change for LX-1 the next day at Yemaya.

Back