Trizzy's Metropolis Transit (Trolleys, Elevated Trains & More)

Trizzy2609

Hello there. A few years ago I stumbled upon Trainzland's Modular City and became obsessed with it. Years past and I added more and more of my own land to Modular City making it into a giant city with a realist transit system based off the SEPTA & Muni transit line in the USA. I've sent a total six years building this and almost losing it all. I still do not have some of thing I want but that's because I suck at 3D Modeling. I can build a Brooklyn style city for Trainz but can't build a train for trainz.....shame right? I've gone from Trainz to actually building real models of the trains and buses that's how serious I am. Do not ask me for the content in these shots because they have no clearance to be released.

Anyways here's a crudely hand-drawn map and some picture to get you guys warmed up :)

Now for the pictures...
An Elevated train on the Rt 47 curves onto Ballerman Bl from Nedro Avenue in Christine County.

Rt 40 Trackless Trolley shares a section with the 82 Trolley on Southside Avenue.

Bellenger Loop for the Rt 16 Trolley

The "Budweiser" Trolley leaves Morrisville Loop on the Rt 82 Line

Morrisvile Depot

Just a note, all of these shots were not taken in the "Modular City Section" of Metropolis, but rather in my hand-built section to the south. More pictures to come. Also I'm looking for anybody who want work with me in making a Kawasaki LRV like Philadelphia uses for their trolley system. Reason being is that they are part of fantasy fleet and I know someone making Philadelphia for trainz.

Hello there. A few years ago I stumbled upon Trainzland's Modular City and became obsessed with it. Years past and I added more and more of my own land to Modular City making it into a giant city with a realist transit system based off the SEPTA & Muni transit line in the USA. I've sent a total six years building this and almost losing it all. I still do not have some of thing I want but that's because I suck at 3D Modeling. I can build a Brooklyn style city for Trainz but can't build a train for trainz.....shame right? I've gone from Trainz to actually building real models of the trains and buses that's how serious I am. Do not ask me for the content in these shots because they have no clearance to be released.

Anyways here's a crudely hand-drawn map and some picture to get you guys warmed up :)

Now for the pictures...
An Elevated train on the Rt 47 curves onto Ballerman Bl from Nedro Avenue in Christine County.
Rt 40 Trackless Trolley shares a section with the 82 Trolley on Southside Avenue.
Bellenger Loop for the Rt 16 Trolley
The "Budweiser" Trolley leaves Morrisville Loop on the Rt 82 Line
Morrisvile Depot

Just a note, all of these shots were not taken in the "Modular City Section" of Metropolis, but rather in my hand-built section to the south. More pictures to come. Also I'm looking for anybody who want work with me in making a Kawasaki LRV like Philadelphia uses for their trolley system. Reason being is that they are part of fantasy fleet and I know someone making Philadelphia for trainz.

I don't make content for people who don't release theirs, but good luck. Nice work so far. I'm building a major SEPTA RRD route, about 80% done, of the R3 West Trenton and R8 Fox Chase/Newtown to Center City. Doing the 101 and 102 (and the appropriate content) is something I'd consider doing someday - hopefully before the Kawasaki's get replaced by something else - but I'm having a blast doing the RRD. At any rate, have fun.

I don't make content for people who don't release theirs, but good luck.

You just have to have a little dig in every post don't you? Reported.

I would suggest changing the road system Trizzy. Other than that, not too bad. An urban route is hard to accomplish well while keeping the FPS reasonable, so I wish you luck.

You just have to have a little dig in every post don't you? Reported.

I would suggest changing the road system Trizzy. Other than that, not too bad. An urban route is hard to accomplish well while keeping the FPS reasonable, so I wish you luck.

If that isn't the proverbial pot calling the kettle black, I don't know what is. You've been reported as well.

I don't make content on request for people who don't contribute theirs. Nothing wrong with that. Try making some yourself and you'll see why that is.

And we've heard it all a million times. Why continue to point it out, apart from seeking attention and having little digs at N3V and the community.

Jamie

And we've heard it all a million times. Why continue to point it out, apart from seeking attention and having little digs at N3V and the community.

Jamie

Actually, I think this is my first time stating that for the record, at least in a very long time, and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one with a policy of not taking requests from people who show off their stuff and then say you can't have it. That's no way to encourage others to contribute and build a community.

I know you're trying to stir the pot, though, as with all your posts.

Last edited:
*facepalms* I was only gone for 20 minutes and you guys made a mess out my tread. This is the reason why I NEVER post here, the one time I do this happens.

RRSignal, I was NOT asking you to make content AT ALL. I thought you were making the subway-surface lines for your route. My mistake. I'm not asking anybody, I just want to see who WILLING would like to assist on making a Kawasaki LRV, which WOULD be released to masses since it would be content made from scratch and not just reskined content like everything else which why I can't release my stuff, not even yet.

H22, there's no turning back on the roads now. There's over 100 of them build already with true intersections, not just streets overlapped like I've seen some Trainzers do. But thank you both.

I think this all looks great. Now did you say you were using the built in Modular City route or something you did on your own?

Susanaes: A bit of both. The downtown area is what use to be Modular City (i still kept names of certain things i.e. Boga Island) the rest is freelanced. Here's a few pictures to contrast from :)

Here a photo from the Modular City Section,

A from the freelanced section :)

Susanaes: A bit of both. The downtown area is what use to be Modular City (i still kept names of certain things i.e. Boga Island) the rest is freelanced. Here's a few pictures to contrast from :)

Here a photo from the Modular City Section,

A from the freelanced section :)

Sorry too quote pics but I have to in this case because i dont know the name of it, but where did you get thise tram from. If its tume's never mind because uts for TS12 only haha

Sorry too quote pics but I have to in this case because i dont know the name of it, but where did you get thise tram from. If its tume's never mind because uts for TS12 only haha

Those are from Austin316Hockey's website. I'm not 100% sure on the link. They're compatible with 2006 and I forcefully made them compatible for 2010. Do not ask me how, a girl tends to forget.

Here's a few various shots, like this trackless trolley (trolleybus) on Rt 40 in southern Christine County.

Three of Austin316's PCCs sitting in the Morrisville Depot "Ready Tracks".

A lonely Rt 16 trolley tracks down South Alexandra Avenue.

A single PCC Trolley stop at Southside-Nedro where passengers can transfer for the Rt 47 Elevated train above.

Nice work, I really enjoyed seeing that hand drawn map! Very fun seeing some concept transit system schematics like that.

Keep up the good work!

cheers

Is it possible to see some bird`s-eye shots of that interesting city?
Yes you may Ivan...

Nice work, I really enjoyed seeing that hand drawn map! Very fun seeing some concept transit system schematics like that.

Keep up the good work!

cheers

Thank you. I'm working on an official version for the computer. I have it already outlined.

Heres a few goodies for everyone else!

Diesel or trackless?

A bus who thinks he's a trolley

A 79 train at Woodbridge.

Nice screens, especially with L train :) And i got another question: what maximal speed limit do your elevated tracks have?

Nice screens, especially with L train :) And i got another question: what maximal speed limit do your elevated tracks have?

Varies from line to line. As in The Rt 79 Elevated (Ocean Avenue Elevated) uses three tracks and station spread out. The outside tracks are good for 35/40 MPH between stations, and 50 MPH on the center track during express runs. In the morning express head to the city (northbound) and in the evening away from the city (southbound) only stopping at 5 stations compared to the 11 on the local.

There's also the Boga Island Bridge whose allows 60 MPH on elevated trains:

Downtown Elevated and Boga Island sections are only 25/30 MPH due to extreme curves.

Thank you!

Here's a few elevated subway shots for the hell of it.
Blue Beach Elevated Depot

A downtown bound 47 train pulls into 35th-Hamilton Station

The now 51-year-old Type-D PCC El cars come rumbling into Woodbridge Stn on the 79 line.

The 47 train at 31st Street heading northbound.

The 39 and Downtown Metropolis's skyline in the background.

South Clubs Yard where 79 ts layover between runs. This station is southern most in Christine County.

Back