Good-quality passenger cars for Trainz?

haddock57

Gone for good~
Does anyone know where I can download some good-quality passenger cars such as Amtrak cars or streamliner cars like the California Zephyr for Trainz 2010? I lack a few good cars to run behind my ATSF RS-1 for passenger runs.

I believe an RS-1 would be better suited hauling heavyweight passenger cars rather than lightweight streamlined ones, though I doubt Santa Fe used them outside of freight or roadswitcher services.
Pweiser has some great heavyweight and streamlined passenger cars. They're all New Haven stock, but they seem simple enough to reskin. You could make a fictional Santa Fe skin and press the lightweight coaches into commuter service with your RS-1.

Santa Fe's RS1s were used almost exclusively for passenger switching in Chicago. They'd have handled all sorts of cars, just not very far.

Santa Fe's RS1s were used almost exclusively for passenger switching in Chicago. They'd have handled all sorts of cars, just not very far.

That's a far cry from what my ATSF RS-1 has been doing. I use them for kicking cars in yards. And thanks for the advice on the passenger cars.

Somebody please tell me haddock56 and haddock57 are the same person! Are we really THAT out of available names?

Does anyone know where I can download some good-quality passenger cars such as Amtrak cars or streamliner cars like the California Zephyr for Trainz 2010? I lack a few good cars to run behind my ATSF RS-1 for passenger runs.

Trainlover16's Amfleet cars might be useful but they require TS10 SP4. I wrote the scripts for them and used an RS1 to drag them around for testing - mostly in and out of stations. :hehe: Make sure you try the lay back seats, tray tables, reading lights and a bunch of other tricky stuff.

Edit: p.s. the tricky stuff only works in Realistice driver mode and not DCC

Last edited:
Who cares and besides this is nether the time of place for such things.
So Euphod can say something similar in the Marias pass x thread and not get flamed, and I re-use the joke around two years leter and all I get is flame. This is a perfect example of how the forum has changed (in a bad way) in the past couple of years.

So Euphod can say something similar in the Marias pass x thread and not get flamed, and I re-use the joke around two years leter and all I get is flame. This is a perfect example of how the forum has changed (in a bad way) in the past couple of years.

Hmm ?

How and it what way is saying "Somebody please tell me haddock56 and haddock57 are the same person! Are we really THAT out of available names?" a joke?

Don't sound like a joke.

Prolbem is ppl skim thow posts and pick out what thay wont to read then bash it all to hell that is the real prolbem and why wars get started.

anywho back to the topic.
There was a set of streamliners awhile ago but you can no longer get them as far as I know. n

Hmm ?

How and it what way is saying "Somebody please tell me haddock56 and haddock57 are the same person! Are we really THAT out of available names?" a joke?

Don't sound like a joke.

Prolbem is ppl skim thow posts and pick out what thay wont to read then bash it all to hell that is the real prolbem and why wars get started.

anywho back to the topic.
There was a set of streamliners awhile ago but you can no longer get them as far as I know. n
Maybe you have a different kind of sense of humor than I do. Why would that not be a joke? It would be a stupid thing to seriously ask.
OT: K&L Trainz has some really nice PRR ones, also Amtrak Trainz group has ATSF Hi-Levels and amtrak superliners and amfleets.

Just because you two are tacking an on-topic comment below a longer off-topic one does not mean they won't go unnoticed. Save the arguing for political discussion forums so we can keep this thread alive and provide haddock57 with the information he's seeking.

haddock, I believe kilanziom has a pair of wonderful Budd streamlined passenger cars in VIA colors. On Trainz Commuter Rail's site, those cars are also available in Amtrak phase IVb scheme. They also use special sounds for their bogeys, so be sure to download those from the DLS.
colorado71 also has some older stock on his site that're pretty nice.
But the closest thing to ATSF's streamlined passenger cars would be Pweiser's stainless steel New Haven cars, in the later red paint scheme. You could also use them with Pweiser's heavyweight equipment for a nice transition-era look.

Save the arguing for political discussion forums . . . .

I was going to comment about how I feel about politics, but I'll keep my mouth shut. I think we should not get into this topic because this thread would go completely 'off the rails' and become a flamewar over this topic and end up locked. Then again, this thread is probably getting close to being 'off the rails'.

Anyway, back on topic:
I don't know how you searched on the DLS, but here's what I'd do to get the most results:
1. Use the various names of the Santa Fe (i.e. santa fe, atsf, etc.)
2. Search under the 'locomotives' and 'rolling stock' categories, searching each category twice, once with what you're searching for in the 'Title' and the 'Description' areas

I was going to comment about how I feel about politics, but I'll keep my mouth shut. I think we should not get into this topic because this thread would go completely 'off the rails' and become a flamewar over this topic and end up locked. Then again, this thread is probably getting close to being 'off the rails'.
I think this whole part of this post was pointless.

Also, there should be some nice canadian pacific cars on the DLS, I think they all have budd in the name.

Try not to post on older threads, but cjlear has nice passenger cars for the Amtrak rainbow era on the DLS. JointedRail made some Amtrak F7's, but the Amtrak rainbow era, and really the whole 70's-90's is lacking content, although there starts to be more content available when you get into the 90's.

Back